Allen & Overy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Legal Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview consisted of walking through your CV followed by 6 scenario based questions. It took one hour and was via WebEx. At the end, I had the opportunity to ask more about the firm.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the scenario where you were very busy and a partner approached you with an extra project they would like you to work on?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round was a 3 person panel, and the following round (a few weeks later) had three different panels, the first with one partner, the second with two partners, and the third with two associates.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I had two sets of interviews, one with the Partners and the other with the Associates. The interviews touched on my interest in joining the firm, as well as the job fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to join the firm and the particular practice group   Answer Question

Legal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Two interviews with partners and seniors associates regarding my experience. They explained what they do and what they expect. then they asked me to do a type of an exam or evaluation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (London, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

one round interview on case study - you just cant prepare and the texts are quite long. I cant digest all the information within this short space of time.

Interview Questions

• questions on case study. your opinion of the transaction. what issues need to be addressed   1 Answer

Trainee Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy.

Interview

A lot of scenario-based questions and the interview is awfully long. For example, tell me about a time when you hold a minority viewpoint in a group. A very thorough interview. The case study was relatively easier for me. The interviewer was very personable and guided through the case. Learned a lot from the case interview.

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 4 Business Services representatives. Took more than 2 hours. Reps did most of the talking. They were worried about if you were going to call out more so than if the personality fit and if I had the skills needed to perform the required duties. They reiterated that you needed to be available at any point to come in which could range from 7:30 AM - 8 PM which made it a tough fit, I feel, for anyone's schedule. Overall it took a long time to get through everyone and they repeated the same questions over and over again in different ways which made me feel that they didn't talk to one another beforehand or they should've had the interview as a group. They are also very concerned with appearance and require full make-up and to "look the part."

First Year Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I spoke with two partners. Conversation was easy and friendly as I had gone to the same alma mater as one of the interviewers, and I had previously summered at the same office as the other.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would be able to contribute to our team?   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allen & Overy.

Interview

Walkthrough of CV and experience in a fairly informal interview discussing technology and business processes. Contacted by HR who didn't seemed very joined up with the interviewers compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your CV and we'll ask you some questions even though we all know you're probably too experienced for this role, but we wanted to interview you anyway.   1 Answer

Summer Clerkship Interview

Interview

The first round interview was with HR and a partner, and they mostly asked about behavioural questions; the second round interview was with two partners, and it was conversational style, also very relaxing and chill.

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Interview

There were two interviews in total. I was provided with materials to be reviewed prior to the interview, which were referred to in the interview. Interviews may be conducted after vacation scheme at the firm.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.