Allen & Overy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Allen & Overy Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2018

3.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (London, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

one round interview on case study - you just cant prepare and the texts are quite long. I cant digest all the information within this short space of time.

Interview Questions

• questions on case study. your opinion of the transaction. what issues need to be addressed   1 Answer

Trainee Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy.

Interview

A lot of scenario-based questions and the interview is awfully long. For example, tell me about a time when you hold a minority viewpoint in a group. A very thorough interview. The case study was relatively easier for me. The interviewer was very personable and guided through the case. Learned a lot from the case interview.

First Year Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I spoke with two partners. Conversation was easy and friendly as I had gone to the same alma mater as one of the interviewers, and I had previously summered at the same office as the other.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would be able to contribute to our team?   Answer Question

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 4 Business Services representatives. Took more than 2 hours. Reps did most of the talking. They were worried about if you were going to call out more so than if the personality fit and if I had the skills needed to perform the required duties. They reiterated that you needed to be available at any point to come in which could range from 7:30 AM - 8 PM which made it a tough fit, I feel, for anyone's schedule. Overall it took a long time to get through everyone and they repeated the same questions over and over again in different ways which made me feel that they didn't talk to one another beforehand or they should've had the interview as a group. They are also very concerned with appearance and require full make-up and to "look the part."

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

There was an application, which involved submitting a CV and a cover letter, and other various personal details. I was then contacted by phone and invited to come into an interview, which took about an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Before the interview, there was a short proof reading test.

The questions were based on competencies and I was asked to go into more detail about my CV.

The overall process lasted 3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Delayed process. You have to chase up HR and the recruiting team regarding the progress of the application. The management are rude and do not consider the individual as an individual, but just a meat number.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2012.

Interview

Pre-interview with HR - standard questions. Interview with partner and SA via video conference. Post-interview coffee with other SAs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took a long time to get a formal offer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allen & Overy.

Interview

First round was an interview with a partner talking about my previous experiences and qualifications. We discussed what I liked about my previous role, what I didn't like, how I got on with my colleagues and why I was looking to change firm

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (London, England) in October 2012.

Interview

Standard big-law interview process -- fly out to London, meet with six or seven partners and associates serially in a conference room, followed by a dinner with a couple of associates to answer questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.