Alliance Boots Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Alliance Boots Interview Questions

2.1

Sort:

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alliance Boots.

Interview

I got an email asking to have a chat-interview. The interviewer had a list of general questions to ask and copied and pasted it onto the chat. It was easy since I wasn't put on the spot and I could think about my answer before typing. It seemed almost informal, and he didn't respond to my interview answers. He just went on to the next question.

Interview Questions

• General questions such as tell me about yourself and how many hours I can work.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Boots (Bowie, MD (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was short and sweet and within two weeks I received notification that I got the job. There was a phone interview with the district manager. Then the area coordinator did the face to face interviews... and finally the offer was presented by the district manager. After the interview, they would ask you to submit a drug test and background check. Once those things are completed and you pass them, they start you on the job. I was lucky enough to start when they were doing a regional/district training session so I got to meet a lot of the other beauty advisors. However... if you are not so lucky they will send you a beauty advisor to train with, or the area coordinator will train you. There is a lot of turnover in this position as well as the area coordinator position. they do seek for long term employees but it is best to honestly think of this position as a stepping stone to something else.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straight forward and to the point. The area coordinator reads off of an interview paper. I mean there were questions like do you wear make up... seeing as this is a make up based position... the obvious answer would be yes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation... at the time I needed the job to get to the next level. But I did negotiate hours and stores that I would service.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Alliance Boots in November 2012.

Interview

Talent Plus Drug test one on one conversation...easy.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Boots (London, England) in April 2010.

Interview

filled in a form handed in to HR, had a interview with the manger then another manager, then given training and got the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nooo

Microbiology Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Boots in March 2017.

Interview

There were two members of staff present. Interview lasted for about 1.5 hours. At the end a lab tour was conducted. However, despite several enquires they did not get in touch to at least say that I was unsuccessful in the interview.

Interview Questions

• This job is highly repetitive. How do you think that you will handle this?   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alliance Boots in September 2009.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 HR personnel, structured interview, presentation based on fact find then psycometric test followed by second interview by another area mancger. Pretty formal process and intense day started at 9 am finished at 6.30pm

Interview Questions

Counter offer from current employer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Boots (Nottingham, England) in December 2011.

Interview

Included an initial telephone interview followed by a hiring day which consists of a group discussion as well as a face to face interview. The hiring day was roughly half a day and you got to know the outcome of the interview the next week

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alliance Boots (London, England) in November 2009.

Interview

Online application. Interviews are pretty much the same at every store across the UK.
    Your interview is basically not a normal sit down question and answer type. You will be on the shop floor with your interviewer, where you will be given a number of tasks to do.

First of all, I had to stand at the main entrance giving handing out baskets, did that for about 2 minutes. Next thing I had to hand out advantage card leaflets, I did this by asking the people if they had an advantage card if not would they be interested. I then had to find the cheapest paracetamol (Go to the shop before hand and find out where it is so you can get it real quick) Last thing I was shown an aisle and asked how and if I could improve, I said I'd fill up the empty spaces and make the prices more clear.

After all that I was taken back up to the office and asked a few questions, Why do I want to work for Boots? What can I bring to Boots? and then when can I start.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alliance Boots (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a customer focused interview. Have loads of examples of times you helped a customer. There will be questions like, tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer, a difficult colleague, how you manage in stressful situations, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work with boots, where do you see yourself in 5 years time, what are your goals, how do you keep your knowledge up to date. The usual questions otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked with a difficult team member and what you did to overcome this.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Boots (Worcester, England) in February 2016.

Interview

There are about 20 minutes of questions followed by being let loose on the sales floor with customers.
    The focus was on customer service skills and previous experience, also if you are prepared to step into other departments to help out when required.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.