Alnylam Executive Position Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Alnylam Executive Position Interview Questions

Interviews at Alnylam

1 Interview Review

Executive Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

I met and exchanged views with a good spread of senior management that only wanted to listen to someone who cherished them and wholeheartedly agreed to their views. I personally found it to be an extremely inept, arrogant, and seemingly incompetent leadership that was clueless to, both development of a prudent R&D strategy or understanding of the basic market dynamics. Most of them had virtually no seasoned or big pharma experience and their high rise appointments clearly seemed to be an outcome of culture of nepotism and favoritism. But funny and interestingly they play it out to be very selective when it comes to hiring and vetting candidates to see if a good fit.
If you are based in Boston, you should (or would) know soon to NOT to interview there, as the word is out there about the toxic environment, shady management, arrogant attitude and taking candidates for a ride when it comes to hiring. I knew about it from several folks who interviewed there but still decided to go ahead and meet the team. In all of my interview interactions, in the guise of the catchy terms they use to describe their company like “scientific excellence” “entrepreneurial” “out of the box thinking” “patient centric” blab bla, you would see a scared but arrogant management in search of utmost subordinates and yes men who could toe their line and just follow their prescribed path. If the past/present is any predictor of the future, you don’t need God to know where you would end with this company/leadership. Stay far far away…..

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.