Alnylam Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Alnylam Interview Questions

Interviews at Alnylam

2.9

Clinical Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alnylam (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

HR liaisons extremely supportive, approachable and organized. Interviewed immediately before COVID-19 and once pandemic hit company went on mass hiring freeze. By the time the freeze was over I was hired by another organization and despite my attempts at still expressing interest in working at Alnylam (sent follow up email and voicemail)— never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Common/typical questions but lengthy process (4 hours for third interview)   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Interview

I applied online and I got a phone call.
    Phone and personal interview .
    I got a call a week later about an offer.
    And I accepted the offer they gave me.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alnylam.

Interview

Around 30 min conversations with the manufacturing team, quality control team, hiring manager, and a facility tour. The questions were mostly behavioral and it was a nice genuine conversation.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with employees taking shortcuts in a process?   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alnylam.

Interview

15 minutes after what I thought was a phone screening with the hiring manager (it wasn't) was supposed to start I got an email from HR asking for my phone #. I was called by what I think was a recruiter and got an HR interview. At the end of the call she asked if I wanted to proceed with another phone screening with the hiring manager. I declined as two phone screenings is not a good use of my time during a a busy work week. You should not need multiple pre interview interviews for qualified candidates.

Also, I asked directly if the standard the standard work exceeded 50 hours a week. After being evasive she ultimately admitted that for many the standard work week is > 50 hours a week.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

It went smooth and fast. I interviewed with 8 individuals for 30 minutes each. Everyone was organized and ready to answer any questions I had on my agenda.

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview, then meet people either on site, or at the local coffee shop. Very casual interview..more like a get to know you a bit process to see if you're able to present yourself normal looking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alnylam.

Interview

Met with a series of people (I think 5) in the department with varying levels of experience. Asked what projects and previous / related experience working. Discussed what I wanted to improve upon/get out of my experience at Alnylam.

Interview Questions

• How advanced are your excel skills?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alnylam.

Interview

The interview process was very dragged out - about 3 months from initial phone screen to an on site interview. The interview panel was comprised of a series of one on one interviews with HR rep, hiring manager, and a few key cross functional team members. This was followed by what was supposed to be a panel of 3 which ended up being just one person and we had a difficult conversation due to language differences. In general, everyone seems to like working there but I got no level of rapport established with cross functional interview panel... almost seemed to go out of their way to make the conversation awkward which was off-putting from a candidate point of view. From the outside, it seems they push this wonderful culture to attract candidates but I have to wonder if it is reality on the inside based on this experience since I didn't get a good vibe from the majority of the individuals that I met.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging problem that you solved and what you might have done differently?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied a few days before I received a phone call. They did an initial phone call of an HR rep who asked me a few questions and did ask if I had other offers (which I was starting to). The next phone call I received a few days later invited me for an in person interview . The in person interview lasted around 5 hours with some 1:1 interviews, 2:1 interviews and a panel interview.

Associate Director, Clinical Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Following a phone screen, there was a 6 hours face to face interview with all of the team members; The phone interview was fairly quick. The onsite interview was a bit off because most of the interviewers were done via teleconference (they were supposed to be in person). They get back to you very quickly, in like 2 days you will be told of the decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself; how do you feel about this role; why do you want to find a new job; what concern do you have.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.