Alpha FX Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Alpha FX

3.3

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England) in July 2020.

Interview

The process itself was easy and surprisingly fast. I had an interview with both the Head of Credit Risk and a Senior Analyst, however the interview itself was very dry with both interviewers looking not very interested during the process even though I was told I was the first candidate to be interviewed. I was asked a couple of technical questions however they were easy.

Interview Questions

• What was your research when you informed yourself about our company?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alpha FX.

Interview

Call with Headhunter, Call with hiring manager, In person interview with hiring manager, Call with Founder.

Alpha was very transparent in regards to what the Job entailed, what they were expecting from me, and what working at alpha was like.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alpha FX (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, screened me, call with hiring manager in Toronto, in person meeting, final phone meeting with head of sales in UK. The overall process was quick easy and transparent.

Institutional Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

The process involves a phone interview with one of the senior members of staff. This is a basic introduction of yourself, motivations etc. Then the second stage involves a face to face, normally with two interviewers. The questions asked are similar to the phone interview, for example, motivations, how you handle certain situations etc.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alpha FX.

Interview

Met with the head of marketing and the CEO seperately and together. Half the interview was traditional and the other half was more a chat around current affairs and the company culture.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alpha FX.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The recruitment process consisted of a first interview with the CEO, and a second interview with the Commercial Director. Both interviews focused more on personality and motivation fit, rather than knowledge of the industry. Alpha know the type of candidates that they want, so expect an open, flowing discussion to test your communication and reasoning skills. Both Morgan and Jon are very open and honest, and want to make sure that there is a good fit both ways, so ask any questions that you have. Feedback was prompt and detailed, and I was very impressed by the recruitment process overall.

Creative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the Head of Brand and Product, and one with the CEO. I was contacted, interviewed and signed my contract all within 2 weeks. I made my decision because the CEO, Morgan, is someone who I can fully get behind in terms of culture and passion.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

A short interview of 30 minutes with 2 people. First interviewer was 'good cop' and the second one 'bad cop'. They were really good at explaining the role but not so much about the company itself. Job spec as really vague and they didn't offer feedback.

Interview Questions

Alpha FX Response

11 Apr 2019 – Alpha FX

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience.

Where possible, we like candidates to meet with more than one person at interview stage, as we think it enables everyone to make a more well-rounded judgement on whether the role is right. Inevitably everyone’s personality and approach is different, however we don’t have a good cop bad cop routine.

We are also sorry to hear you didn’t feel the feedback given to you was sufficient. We provide feedback to all candidates regardless of whether they are successful, so if you would like us to provide further feedback, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you all the best in your next role.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I first met with the headhunter to see if I could be a good fit for the company.
    After that I had 2 rounds of interviews, the first with the CEO and the second with the Head Portfolio Manager.

Interview Questions

• Not a technical interview, you just have a chat with them and talk about previous experiences, what motivates you, where you want to be in 5 years time etc. At Alpha they are really careful about the personality and the attitude of individuals, so you just need to be smart, motivated, a team player and get along with the interviewer.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

- Sent a bespoke letter to CEO
    - CEO answered back asking 3 questions including who were the 3 closest competitors and why
    - Invited me for a 1:1 interview
    - Invited me to meet the co-founder for another 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.