Alpha FX Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Alpha FX

3.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

A short interview of 30 minutes with 2 people. First interviewer was 'good cop' and the second one 'bad cop'. They were really good at explaining the role but not so much about the company itself. Job spec as really vague and they didn't offer feedback.

Interview Questions

Alpha FX Response

11 Apr 2019 – Alpha FX

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience.

Where possible, we like candidates to meet with more than one person at interview... More

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, South West England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpha FX (Windsor, South West England, England) in March 2015.

Interview

I was met one of the partners for an interview at around 6:30pm on a tuesday, which was great as I was still working at my previous role at the time. It was fairly informal, not a grilling by any means, but a very open and honest converstion around my goals and ambitions, and those of Alpha. The following morning I spoke to the recruiter who confirmed a second interview with the MD. This again was not a grilling, talking about your thought process and ultimately if Alpha was going to be a good match.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Broker Interview

Interview

I had 2 rounds of face to face interviews, one was relatively informal but the other was very formal despite the interviewer being very sexist towards females in financial services. After the second interview I never heard from the company again, and when I contacted them to just ask for feedback assuming my attempts were unsuccessful, I was ignored many times until I was told that they had no recollection of me ever interviewing there. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How can you show/prove that you are money hungry enough to work at the company   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alpha FX.

Interview

Met with the head of marketing and the CEO seperately and together. Half the interview was traditional and the other half was more a chat around current affairs and the company culture.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I first met with the headhunter to see if I could be a good fit for the company.
    After that I had 2 rounds of interviews, the first with the CEO and the second with the Head Portfolio Manager.

Interview Questions

• Not a technical interview, you just have a chat with them and talk about previous experiences, what motivates you, where you want to be in 5 years time etc. At Alpha they are really careful about the personality and the attitude of individuals, so you just need to be smart, motivated, a team player and get along with the interviewer.   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alpha FX.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The recruitment process consisted of a first interview with the CEO, and a second interview with the Commercial Director. Both interviews focused more on personality and motivation fit, rather than knowledge of the industry. Alpha know the type of candidates that they want, so expect an open, flowing discussion to test your communication and reasoning skills. Both Morgan and Jon are very open and honest, and want to make sure that there is a good fit both ways, so ask any questions that you have. Feedback was prompt and detailed, and I was very impressed by the recruitment process overall.

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, South East England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alpha FX (Windsor, South East England, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Two stage interview initially with MD and then his business partner. MD very direct and straight forward, business partner deeper more searching questions. First interview went more quickly second interview a bit longer. I enjoyed both equally and used it as an opportunity to demonstrate how much i wanted the job which I think stood me well.

Interview Questions

• If I called your previous employer up and asked him to tell me three things about you what would he say?   1 Answer

Creative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the Head of Brand and Product, and one with the CEO. I was contacted, interviewed and signed my contract all within 2 weeks. I made my decision because the CEO, Morgan, is someone who I can fully get behind in terms of culture and passion.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpha FX (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

- Sent a bespoke letter to CEO
    - CEO answered back asking 3 questions including who were the 3 closest competitors and why
    - Invited me for a 1:1 interview
    - Invited me to meet the co-founder for another 1:1 interview

Communications Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, South East England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha FX (Windsor, South East England, England) in August 2015.

Interview

Prior to interview I was asked to prepare a short communications proposal for the business and appraisal of their website. On the day, I then presented a summary of my proposal to three of the Directors (including the MD). This was wrapped up with a more informal chat about Alpha, its culture and how I'd personally fit into the business.

The final stage of the process involved a one week placement where I was asked to create a three month communications plan, and was also given the opportunity to attend a number of networking events. I was subsequently offered the job on the Friday and invited out to celebrate the same evening, which was a nice touch.

In summary - probably the most intensive interview process I've been through. Importantly though, it was structured in a way that enabled me to best demonstrate my abilities and personality.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.