Amadeus Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amadeus (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

The process was straight forward, after submitting CV, it was a technical test on the website codingame. After that was 2 rounds of a phone interview with HR and manager. The final round was AC day and interview with the director.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. Had an initial HR call followed by an hr of skype Interview. Was mostly technical. The questions were mostly basic, nothing complex at all. Was called for an onsite immediately. Had one more technical Interview(again nothing complex, basic concepts only) Interview with hiring manager and team lead( mainly about past work experience, more behavioral questions) . Then had an interview with a business analyst, was more like a conversation then an interview.

Interview Questions

• memory handling in C++, reverse a linked list (iterative and recursive) , Different data structures you have and the diff between them. Couple of design pattern questions.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

1) Call from recruiter to clarify some basic questions like availability, job functions etc.
    2) Online programming test
    3) Skype call about 1 hour, technical screening.
    4) On-site interview, 1 technical and 1 non-technical round

Interview Questions

• Programs testing your knowledge on data structures, algorithms. Design related questions.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

Applied through my school's portal. The process took a month. The recruiter reached out to me. First, an online coding test. 10 days later a technical interview on Skype. The questions were based on core java and REST API.
    A week later had on site interview. There were total 5 interviews. Interviews were a mixture of technical, behavioral and communication skills. In technical, I was tested on both algorithms and design. More than the difficulty of the algorithm, the approach to the problem was important. They were very quick in letting me know the result at every step.

Interview Questions

• A question on extracting information from logs. A question involving binary search and hash table. An API design problem. Some questions on java concurrency. Describe a project in detail.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Waltham, MA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applying for a position which, in nutshell, should have been supporting legacy C++ code for legacy salary.
    Stage 0: a chat with HR/recruiting specialist.
    Stage 1: automated quiz on codingame.com consisting of 40+ questions ranging from "how do you get a pointer to variable: &v, *v, or getptr(v)" to "identify this design pattern" to "program a simple task in 20 minutes".
    Advice: spend a weekend practicing on codingame.com to solve at least "Easy" section and read through at least Wikipedia section on design patterns: they seem to have some affection to this stuff.
    Stage 2: chat over Skype with a tech dude. Mainly, about your past experience, no actual tech quiz.
    Stage 3: onsite interview, as usual.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that prints the temperature closest to 0 among input data. If two numbers are equally close to zero, positive integer has to be considered closest to zero (for instance, if the temperatures are -5 and 5, then display 5). Time limit: ~20 minutes.
      // This is exactly a task from CodinGame's "Easy" section   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

I was asked to choose two of the test, either c or java coding assessment test, i chose java

First step - Assessment Test- was tough, basic plus and code writing problems.

Interview Questions

• Skype interview - Asked me to write a program to check whether the word is palindrome or not in java   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Three-steps process for me:
    1. Short skype interview (no technical questions)
    2. Online technical quizz (one hour, about twenty questions with very different difficulty levels)
    3. On-site interviews (two 45-min technical interviews with team members, then 45 min general interview with team leader, then briefly introduced to department manager)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amadeus in March 2012.

Interview

It was a good experience with some situation problems and some technical question. Some of the questions were like Tell me an experience when you had a troubling colleague and you had to work with him. The interviewer also asked some questions related to database management and SQL Queries. They also wanted to know more on the whole software development life cycle and other testing cases.

Interview Questions

• an experience when you had a troubling colleague and you had to work with him ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A phone interview from HR, it lasted half an hour with all technical questions and no behavior questions. Questions are not difficult, just some basic knowledge of C++, as it is the main language they use.

Interview Questions

• 10 questions based on the basic knowledge of C++   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The worst hiring managers you can see anywhere. Recruiters approaching the candidates from Ivy league schools and then turning them down without any reason. Never waste your time interviewing in this poor company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amadeus (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staff company, and set up the skype interview that week. It's a video interview, and I thought I don't need a camera, and failed to wear a formal dress. After setting up the camera, followed by a number of technical question on collabedit. Questions are all general technical questions. No behavior questions, no questions on the resume.

Interview Questions

• design pattern, memory leak, C++, SQL, reverse a string   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.