Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Amazon Intern Interview Questions

Updated 11 May 2017

3.1

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

2 online assessments + 45 min phone interview. It took 2 months before I received the first online assessment, but afterwards everything was fast and smooth. Emailed the third party that sent the OA1 when I had issues and they were quick to respond. Wait times: OA1->OA2 (2 days), OA2->Phone interview (3 days), Phone interview->Offer (a week).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

good experience! study your concepts in data structure and algorithms as well keep track of time,if not
    don't panic as it will only make it worse.Practice hackerrank and leetcode thoroughly before attempting.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

They called for an assessment test, saying that the options in programming languages for the coding test are Java, C, C++ and Python. I flew in to Cambridge, all the way from my place to take the test, only to find that Python was not an option. I was OK with this and had continued to code, when the recruiter/host announced that those who prefer Python will have a separate hiring process later on, and had to leave.

Quite obviously, there were some who preferred Python for coding tests including me and we left, wasting about half a day, a certain amount unreimbursed cost of travel, as well as having missed classes and/or other important engagements for that day.

We never received any intimation later on.

I hope the recruiters learn to value the time and money of candidates and improve upon managing the process properly. Its a shame that such a big company has such a shoddy hiring process.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

TL;DR: Resume + Apply + Wait + Debug/Logic Challenge + Coding Challenge + Phone Interview = AMAZON INTERNSHIP!!!

1) Apply for internship at their careers site
    2) Wait 1-2 months
    3) Receive email about Round 1: debugging and logic challenge, which is basically an IQ test type of thing.
    4) Wait 1 week
    5) Receive email about Round 2: coding challenge. Coding can be practiced on LeetCode Easy/Medium. At this round, if you did VERY well on Round 1 and Round 2 (i.e. perfect score in short amount of time) you may receive offer, however this is rare.
    6) Wait 1 week
    7) Receive email about scheduling Round 3: phone interview. Phone interview will be on Easy/Medium coding interview questions, OOP, data structures, and general knowledge of coding. May include some behavioral questions as well.
    8) Wait 1 week
    9) Become an Amazonian!
    10) Have fun
    11) Return offer

Interview Questions

• 1) Debug some code and take logic test
      2) Perform coding challenge
      3) Show general knowledge of software development, code something, talk about interests
      3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

online assessment of 7 debugging questions in twenty mins and 24 logical reasoning in thirty five minutes. Practice debugging codes keeping account of time. Logical reasoning questions were similar to ones found on indiabix.com

Interview Questions

• puzzle-based logical reasoning   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Cambridge, MA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a group coding interview with amazon. 3hrs total, including debugging questions, logic questions and coding questions. Can only use java, c or cpp for the coding part of the interview. I did not finish the interview and left, since I do not use any of the programming languages. However, the questions were very easy (managed to do the debugging part in java).

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the questions since I signed a contract with them.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had an on-site round:
    Section 1: Debugging round
    Section 2: Logical reasoning
    Section 3: 2 coding questions

Applied on Amazon careers site and received a mail from a recruiter for an on-site screening round after about 15 days.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions from top 50 questions in programcreek with a little modification.   1 Answer

Intern - Monthly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

All I did was take the assessment and they gave me an offer a couple of days later. However, it took them several months to even reach out to me to offer me the assessment in the first place.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to complete a simple debugging questions along where you fix simple code. Then a logical reasoning section that is very straightforward. The next section is a 70 min section where you have to write two programs, I was just under prepared about would be able to do well on it after having seen what I needed to prep for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Davis, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

It is a expedited program. Amazon gave first interview on campus, it is a exam-like interview, with students gathered in a classroom and do the OA on our own laptops. It lasts about 3 hrs. There are 3 results of the first interview: get the offer, get the phone interview or get refused.