Amazon Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Amazon Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.4

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. The interview process itself might last more than 4 hours. None of the questions were technical. If you have a good resume, you will be a shoo-in for the job. If you don't have that background, I think the interview process is more challenging.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone interview, I was asked 2 LP questions , I posted the questions below, hope it's helpful other preparing the interview, wish you all the best, the questions were asked in the phone interview. they will dig deep to understand your thought process, be ready, pick examples you can talk about in detail

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me a time when you had to deliver a project under a tight deadline, what sacrifices did you have to make what was the impact, what was the final result
      2.Tell me a time when you took significant responsibility  outside your work, what was your specific role and what was the result   3 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Several 30 min+ phone screens (recruiter, hiring manager, team member) and a full day of onsite interviews with the hiring manager and team members. The interviews focused on leadership principles.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter from NYC found my resume online and thought I would be a good fit. I was told to apply, which I did, and then got an interview for the position in Seattle. I got the interview schedule and then the recruiter told me that they would reach out with some more information before the actual interview. I felt great and very prepared going into the interview. It is now two weeks since the interview and I haven't heard back from the recruiter after 2 emails telling them I was still interested, I have been ghosted. Just a simple we are going in a different direction would be great.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?   Answer Question
    • Imagine you are working on an Amazon Prime product, how would you improve it?   2 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

First Round: Online Assessment
    Second/Final Round: Four 45 min virtual interviews.

The interview process was fine up until the final round. 15 min before the virtual interviews began they informed me that the last interview would have to be rescheduled. They rescheduled the last interview 2 weeks later and the interviewer did not show up. After 20 minutes the HR rep asked to rescheduled again 2 weeks later. The last interview went as scheduled and I was informed that I would find out the results in 5 business days as Amazon has an SLA. I did not receive a notification for 12 business days.

Overall a horrible interview experience and extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If you were the product manager for the home page how would you increase click-through rate?   3 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process. I was asked to prepare for a day-long loop schedule where I would meet 5- 6 people. I was asked to prepare 2 behavioral stories for each of the Company values. I do all the required prep and I am ready to go. I show up to my interview and:

The manager comes out 10 min. late and informs me, and I quote "You have been called and you have had an email sent to you, this position has been filled, there is no job here." This news was delivered with the same tone that someone would scold a puppy for peeing on the carpet. I said "Ok" and he turned on his heels and headed back to his office. I went down the elevator wondering what just happened.

I checked my email and my phone messages. There had been no contact of any kind, except to make sure I was prepared for the interview and details as to what to expect.

I am guessing the Amazon Principles are to filter people at the door, but they are not widely practiced by senior managers once they are hired. At any rate, it confirms everything I have heard about working at Amazon.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

For this specific role, the interview consisted of a 30 minute screener, then a 1-hour phone interview with a Senior PM, followed by another 1-hour phone interview with an executive, then finally an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt left out of a decision made at work that impacted you.   3 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Online assessment with basic management questions. Phone interview and technical writing assessment. In person 4 rounds of interview with hiring manager, bar raiser and other team members. Positive experience with basic behavioural glassdoor questions. Never forget LPs

Interview Questions

• tell about a situation where you failed and what did you do?   2 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was two rounds of Phone & Video Screens, as everyone was based in Seattle. They were timed to the minute, and very rigid in their questions. It was clear there was a template, it didn't feel genuine, and was very forced. I got the feeling my interviewers didn't like what they worked on and felt annoyed having to talk to me. It was very rapid fire, and textbook questions. They typed the whole time, which sounded like they wrote down every word I said.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of hypothetical questions of how I would handle Product situations.
      Examples:
      - Describe a time you built something and it failed - what was it, why, what did you do
      - Describe a time you had to convince someone higher up than you that disagreed with you how to make a decision that you needed them to make one.   4 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2019.

Interview

3 calls and then on site interview. Met with 7 amazoians , the hiring manager, peers, dev manager, hiring manager boss ( you get the idea) and 2 bar risers ( yes you read it right 2 of them)
    All of my interviews went fine ( at least this is how I felt)
    But not with the bar risers

Had five rounds from 10 to 4 PM with an hour for lunch.

I had intelligent conversations, smart people and very respectful.

I am sure you learnt how important Amazon principles are , personally I shared my honest opinion thru my round with the bar risers - and that was on the deliver more for less and said I do not compromise Quality to save money. Apparently they did not like my answer and I believe they vetoed on me what resulted in not getting the job which is completely fine!

The company dose not look as dynamic as they clam when it comes to their leadership principles. So it is up to you - you can keep your honest opinion to yourself or you lose the opportunity because a disagreement. They expect you to come to follow not to change or even to disagree - So it is your call!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed ( they love it)   5 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.