Amazon Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Software Development Engineer In Test

Amazon Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and got a mail from them in two weeks time. From the start, the recruiting team was poor in followups. They rescheduled twice and didn't inform me properly. Only after I repeatedly sent mail they gave me an answer. So here is the step by step process:
1. Recruiter call - Asking about my background and experience
2. Tech Interview - Few situation based questions and technical questions (be prepared to answer time and space complexity)
3. Onsite Interview (4 interviews in one day) - interviewers were amazing! question difficulty ranged from medium to hard. Most questions were on graphs. My advice is to solve all problems from leetcode. Very enlightening experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2017.

Interview

Applied thru their website for SDET position. Got contacted by HR in a week for scheduling phone interview. One coding question, one testing question. I didn't get thru coding one.

Interview Questions

• +-----------+
      | 1 | 2 | 3 |

| L | | S | | R |
      +---+ +---+ +---+

| D |
               +—+

Input String: "180*", output is the number of minimum operations needed to dial the input

2)How do you test login page?   5 Answers

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Interview

Started with a phone screen wit ha recruitor, online assessment of 2 coding questions with many choices of programming language, followed by an on-site interview (hiring event) of four 45 minutes interview. Overall, the interviews were done professionally.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got this opportunity through a recruiter from my previous applications. Initially scheduled a call with recruiter for 15 mins discussing background and experiences and then a technical phone screen interview was schedule for 45 mins -1 hr.
    The technical interview was pretty easy and all basic Data Structures and Algorithmic questions along with test cases to test your solution. Waiting for a call made a very silly mistake in the BST question, fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• 1.Given sides of a triangle write a function which could say it is equilateral , isosceles or scalene. Give Test data for the solution you give
      2.Write a program to find Max Depth of a BST. Give test data for the same.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Interview was phone screen. It was a technical round and interviewer focused on issue identification and investigation. Also asked question on queue and dequeue related functions. Also few java programs using collections, data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• 1. Queue and Dequeue
      2. Pick 2 letter unique aplhabet for all US states   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

They Contacted my for my availability dates and finally I received one day for Interview. Initially it was Phone Screening and QA Manager was interviewing me.I was given a link to use at time of interview for Coding purpose or Test Cases purpose.

Interview Questions

• How does your typical day look like?
      How to reach Inbox in Gmail in Eclipse?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The recruiting manager at Amazon emailed me one day with a position in SDET at Amazon. The process begun with an online test. This test comprised of (as far as I remember) two programming questions, one section related to logical thinking. It wasn't too bad. After that, if they like you, they send an online assessment test. This consists a lot of questions that help them profile us as an individual and as a fit in their company.
    If they find us a good fit, they call us for an on site interview. In Seattle, we have a four round interview - of coding. They will not spare you. They are very straight forward about their problems and try to help you as you go. Prepare a lot, and dynamic data structures is the key!

Interview Questions

• About one dynamic structure   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (India, PA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

it was awesome. Prepare well Data structure questions. Arrays pointers linked lists, graphs, heaps, hashing trees AVL B-trees, etc
    Totally 5 rounds
    Online 1
    Technical 2
    Technical 3
    Technical 4
    Technical 5

Bar raiser round, Hiring manager round, coding round, online round, ds round

Interview Questions

• Data structure questions. Arrays pointers linked lists, graphs, heaps, hashing trees AVL B-trees, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

After the application, all applicants are invited to Amazon campus for interview. The interview is done only through online assessment. The online assessment contains both IQ test question and programming test. For c++ part, the programming test is using non c++11 compiler. The IQ test question is pretty easy, while the programming test could be hard if you did not know the problem beforehand, especially if you are familiar with c++11 features and try to use it, only to find it is not supported.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Raleigh, NC (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was not so good. HR people are not co-operative. Interview process was slow. Did not give proper explanation for rejecting my profile. Need to be have more experienced and better HR people who can handle data well. The interviewer did not seem interested in taking the interview. Should have more enthusiastic interviewer who show interest to the the answers given by the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy from OO concept of Java like Data Structure like linked list, arrays, hashmaps.
      Questions about experience in job and experience on projects in university and job. Talk in detail about the project relevant to the position you are applying for. Listen to the questions well and take time to reply the questions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.