American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,906 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England).

Interview

A logical\math\verbal test that takes approximately 2 hours to complete, then a HireView interview with recorded questions and a whole day assessment center comprising 4 personal interviews, a personal case (the most difficult task of the whole process) and a group case.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   2 Answers
    • tell me about a time you had a difficulty but you manage to overcome it.   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you had a negative feedback and you manage to improve your performance thanks to it.   2 Answers

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through referral. After 2 months got an email to schedule an interview. Format was two 45 minute back to back phone interviews with 2 directors/managers in different departments. Mostly behavioral questions like give me an example of ......

Interview Questions

• behavioral interview questions. Mostly repetitive   1 Answer
    • If I preferred internal or external consulting   1 Answer

Computer Science Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Two back to back interviews at my university. The intervieweers were quite nice and they were very encouraging. They asked a question about react that I didnt know, but I still got an offer.

Corporate Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I completed the application online which based on the criteria submitted lead me to a 60 minute timed online test. Approximately 2 weeks later I received a phone call to set up a 30 minute phone interview. The questions were typical situation work scenarios that I answered using the star format. I guess I did well with that interview. One week later I received a phone call to set up conference interview for next week. I do not know what this will entail which makes me nervous because I like to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question - Tell me about a time that you developed a plan for a problem and how the plan was implemented.   2 Answers

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

an absolute joke, dont waste your time, you do a "speed dating" like interview where you and another candidate go to 3-4 different tables with managers who only get 12 min total to ask both of you questions...outside of telling them who you are and what you have done, you never get to really get into any futher questions...you will waste your time interviewing with them and the majority of the sales leaders who interview you are very arrogant and condescending

Interview Questions

• describe yourself in only 1 word   3 Answers

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

Tell me about yourself? How is your company's legal department structured? Why do you think you can contribute to the team? The position was open because the previous person had been let go for "personality reasons". They told me that the team works so closely together that it is imperative that everyone in the group gets along.

Interview Questions

• How is your company's legal dept structured?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you can contribute to the team?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Good process, two interview rounds, quick offer, was able to receive a little higher than initial offer after negotiations, background check completed fast, official documentation received quickly as well, would recommend

Interview Questions

• Why leaving current employer   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Really methodical in their interview process. The hiring directors were very friendly and communicative. I was asked to go through several interview process. The HR Manager was kind enough to take me out for a lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you do not get this job?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

It started with one phone screening with HR followed by 3 back to back in-person interviewers. Behavioral and technical question on scenario base. The questions were the expected standard interview questions.
    The offer was extended and accepted two days later. They increase the initial salary offer as I had two competing offers.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult auditee?   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

This was the first round, Phone screening interview. It took about 30 minutes. The interview was schedules as a result of on campus career fair. Got the call in about a week to schedule the phone interview. After clearing the phone screening it took them about a week to schedule an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Sort unique lines in a file as per their frequence. The file has millions of lines.   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an engineer and he asked me about my resume, background, and interests. I also spoke to a recruiter who followed up with me after my phone interview. They liked me and would like me to contact them again for an in-house interview. The interviewer also helped me through some questions that I was struggling on, just ask to clarify things.

Interview Questions

• Asked about data structures, databases, algorithms, etc. Kind of open-ended questions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.