Anglian Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Park Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Ipswich, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Nice interview, not particularly difficult, asked easy and answerable questions. It lasted around 25 minutes and took place in the park cafe. The staff I spoke to were very friendly and made me feel extremely welcome.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anglian Water in May 2020.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with an HR representative and the line manager for the role in question. I can't praise them enough for their warm and welcoming approach, they put me at ease straight away and took some time to explain a bit about the company and the role to get the conversation going, then of course asked me some questions about my relevant work history. Everything they said was relevant to the job at hand and they went out of their way to make it a positive experience.

Following this I did a maths and English assessment and then, based on the results of that, got invited to have an interview with the line manager and his manager above him.

Once again they were very welcoming and approachable, they talked through some competence questions and a couple of technical questions that related to the role, taking the time to explore my answers (rather than just ticking a box) and allow me to ask questions as well. By the end of it I was very satisfied that they had a clear idea of what they wanted from the successful applicant and where they saw the business and role going in the future.

I was offered the job on the condition of certain HR checks and I must say once again that HR were so helpful and friendly throughout this process, taking the time to keep me informed of progress and letting me know when everything was complete. A special thank you is due for giving me updates on Friday's where necessary so that I wouldn't be left wondering over the weekend. I also felt that HR handled my personal data very professionally whilst conducting their checks. My line manager was also giving regular updates to arrange my initial setup & first day induction and check that everything was okay and made me feel like part of the team from the outset.

Anglian are very thorough in their recruitment process, but they do their utmost to make everything flow smoothly and make you feel valued and welcomed (and on that basis, I can't wait to get started).

Interview Questions

• Can you outline the steps you took to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Water in May 2020.

Interview

Worst interview ever! Very scripted and hard interview questions. Felt very pressurised to answer the 10 questions. Questions asked were not appropriate for a customer service rep

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work with a difficult team member   Answer Question

Digital Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Water.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an assesment centre with a range of different tasks from teambuilding to communication and a 20 minute test at the end. Found out a few days later.

Interview Questions

Anglian Water Response

13 Dec 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave this review and your interest in Anglian Water. Best of luck with any future applications.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Lincoln, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Competency based questions, based on points system. Very limited time given to answer questions and felt pressurised to come up with a response, rather than taking time to consider answer. It did feel a little like the interviewer was trying to catch you out and didn’t let you have time to expand on answer, cutting in. There was also limited opportunity to chat about achievements and what you could offer to the role. Totally focused on how well you answered the competency questions even though there wasn’t a right or wrong answer.
    I feel the Line Manager needs more training with their interview technique, or alternatively, an experienced HR professional should conduct the first interview instead.

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Very formal interview, difficult questions. Questions were very scripted, so found that I was almost repeating myself at times as I had already answered the next question as part of the one before.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to balance the wants of the customer with the needs of the company   Answer Question

Leakage Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Norwich, England) in July 2019.

Interview

After my initial application it took a long while to hear back due to overlapping staff holidays. However, once things got moving everything was well organised and I was kept well informed

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Anglian Water and our current aims and objectives   1 Answer

Anglian Water Response

13 Dec 2019 – Recruitment Advisor

Thanks for leaving a review for us, really pleased you had a positive experience. Apologies for the delays due to staff holidays. Best of luck with any future applications.

Team Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntingdon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon, England) in May 2019.

Interview

I had 2 interviews for the role of Team Administrator, which would be dealing with all the admin for board meetings and it was an extremely positive experience. The first interview with 2 PAs and the second with a the Legal Director and a member of the Recruitment team. Everyone I met with, although some of them being high up in the company made me feel at ease instantly and was a pleasure to meet with.

Contact Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Lincoln, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Time given for you to listen in to an experienced team member to give you a feel for the role.

Interviewers put me at ease making it feel like a chat more than a formal interview. A lot of the questions were straightforward and related to the job description that they sent me. I found that really helped.

Water Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntingdon, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Interview with several members on a panel description of the role requirements and processes.I was given information concerning career benefits ect.Quick tour of the processing labs followed by an informal chat

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.