Anglian Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Anglian Water Interview Questions

Updated 30 Aug 2017

Graduate/Trainee Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Peterborough, England) in July 2017.

Interview

It was relatively simple, I applied using my cv and cover letter, to be fair they responded quickly and I was invited to an interview in Peterborough. The interview was fairly simple, they gave me 10 minutes to talk about myself and then provided a diagram of an office with its community and I was asked where to build a car park. How it would affect the community. Was it worth building? After the interview I never heard from them.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon, England) in May 2017.

Interview

I was welcomed at Reception by the hiring manager who was really friendly and made me feel welcome as soon as I got there. I was then taken to an interview room where I started by completing a prioritisation task. I was then taken to another room where I was sat with 2 members of staff who offered me a refreshment drink. I was then asked a series of questions which were competency based and we went through my CV. I felt extremely comfortable and relaxed as they were really friendly and welcoming. Once my interview had finished, I was walked back out to Reception and was told when I could expect to hear back from them. I felt very good after having the interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of when you have given excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Day Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anglian Water in April 2017.

Interview

20 minute interview, Neither interviewer looked at me once. Both had heads down writing the answers in allocated boxes. I was asked why I wanted the job, when i related it to my current role, i was given a dirty look and asked "why are you even leaving then?" I felt very uncomfortable throughout the interview. Looks between both people who were interviewing and was made to feel very small and intimidated. I was then walked into a busy office, sat within a team (with no introduction) and left alone for 45mins to compete an excel test and let myself out when i was finished. The whole process was very unprofessional and a very awful, malicious atmosphere. I withdrew my application immediately after the interview, I would not want to work within such an environment.
    I will not be applying with this company again, nor would i ever recommend anyone else to attend an interview! Awful, clicky, group of people!
    Emailed to recruitment dept to gain HR details to provide the company with my feedback on the process.. 3 days later, still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• What are the 10 targets and 12 missions statements of AW - list them all   1 Answer

Centre of Excellence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Lincoln, England) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was in two phases, first with a verbal reasoning and numerical competency test, followed by an "assessment centre" event.

The numerical and verbal tests were completed in your own time and could be accessed by any computer with an internet connection. They were timed and deliberately quite challenging.

After being successful taken forward to the next phased, i was invited to an assessment centre with a group of other candidates where we were put through our paces with a series of individual and group exercises interspersed with typical interview type questions. The event lasted roughly half a day and whilst it was mentally very draining i can honestly say it was the best way i think i have ever been assessed as part of a recruitment process. The creativity and relevance behind the activities helped to test all manner of different competencies and knowledge. A big part of it was that i was able to demonstrate my thought process a lot more and as well some of the key skills about how i interacted with and influenced others - something that would become quite crucial in my role.

I found out after that the method was a trial run that was normally applied in the recruitment process for Anglian Water's graduate scheme. I think its fair to say that it was a successful trial and i definitely feel it was a great method that should be continued moving forward

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will have achieved within the first 6 months of this role?   Answer Question

Procurement Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon and Peterborough, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon and Peterborough, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Formal first interview with 2x Managers comprising role overview, presentation by myself on an Anglian Water pre selected subject and finally, competency based questions. This lasted 1 and a half hours. Second interview was more informal in a 'meet the team' format'. This stage lasted an hour. I found everyone to be very friendly and supportive throughout the process and did not feel I was being 'set up to fail' which is very often an interview technique to see how one handles pressure or awkward situations. AWS did not play games, the process was straightforward and consequently, in my opinion, brought out the very best in the candidate.

Interview Questions

• To describe my working style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was all managed via the recruitment agency.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Ipswich, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephoned by HR for interview. Had to chase up confirmation and address as did not receive email. Interview was by a panel of 3 people. Arrived early and gate was locked, Phoned number on gate and it went straight to answer machine. Luckily someone in yard saw me and let me in. Interviewer came and got me from my car 15 mins prior to interview which I found awkward. I was told straight away that Manager was on annual leave and would not be part of panel. I therefore presumed that the job was already taken and used the opportunity to treat as a mock interview. Straightforward questions Interview lasted just over an hour. Declined to give them my passport and told them I had not brought it with me as seemed pointless for them to have my details in a file. Told someone would be in touch after weekend. Received rejection email a week later. Asked for feedback and email not acknowledged. Emailed again and received a response straight away. Would only give feedback by phone not email.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of "your" job ?   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water.

Interview

Had arranged a Skype interview in Feb, 2 days before the interview they had informed me they preferred for it to be face to face. This was then postponed to the last week in March. I had flown back from China specifically for this interview and they did not get back to me for 3 weeks. When the finally did, a date was set. One day before the face to face interview they decided to cancel it with no reason or apology as to why. Terrible HR and unfortunately have nothing positive to say about the company

Interview Questions

Anglian Water Response

19 Apr 2016 – Resourcing Manager

Hello, we are sorry that you feel you have had a poor experience with us. We are keen to investigate this further as we are committed to ensuring a good experience for all of our candidates.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water.

Interview

The interview was challenging and I enjoyed the whole experience however I was unsuccessful and was invited to ask for feedback. I have asked for feedback on numerous occasions over the last four weeks and no response - given up asking now.

Interview Questions

Anglian Water Response

27 Nov 2015 – Resourcing Manager

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry you have been left feeling unhappy following your interview with us. We'd like to have a chat with you regarding your experience and provide you with... More

Do Not Wish to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntingdon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon, England) in May 2015.

Interview

I was advised to allow 90 minutes for the interview and to bring ID.
    Two interviewers. Both would be peers, not managers.
    Told that I'd hear within a couple of days, but it took nearer two weeks.
    Was invited to apply for feedback, which I have now done 3 times and haven't even had an acknowledgement.

Interview Questions

• Half a dozen technical questions and half a dozen situational ones.
      Very few other questions that you'd expect - why do you want to work here; why are you looking to leave your current employer; what attributes can you bring etc etc.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Peterborough, England) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online four months prior to being contacted.
    The request to interview was short, so they called on the Monday and invited to interview on the Wednesday.
    Upon arrival I was told I would be giving a presentation without prior warning.
    I was given a case study and 45 mins to prepare my presentation, using a flip chart.
    After the presentation I was asked a series of questions about it.
    This was followed by a series of Competency questions.
    I was offered the job on the spot!

Interview Questions

• How would you know what procurement route to take for a requirement?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I found the whole thing OK just felt a bit put out by the unplanned presentation to be honest but got through it.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.