Ankura Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ankura Interview Questions

Interviews at Ankura

2.3

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ankura.

Interview

Applied through my school's career portal. Had a first round on-campus interview. All questions are behavioral. Heard back in three weeks that I did not make it to the second round.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ankura (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

There is no interview process: basic questions and it appears as though they just need staff to do mindless work to over bill the client. I would say that you can BS your way in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here. What do you like about Ankura.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ankura (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

First interview on campus, then phone interview and then interview in the Dallas office. The second interview was to learn more about what i was looking for in the company and talk about myself.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ankura (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

i applied online, then a recruiter reached out to me to schedule an initial phone screen. I then came in and met with two people, then came back a week later to meet with the hiring manager, my offer came later that day via phone, i received my written letter a week following and started two weeks after

Interview Questions

• What do you already know about Ankura?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ankura (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and then by the hiring manager. I was asked to Interview with a panel of three people, they asked pretty specific questions about my work history and specific projects. They were very insistent on my applying and coming in for an interview and then I never received a response on whether I got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to resolve a conflict with a staff member   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ankura (Washington, DC (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail from an internal recruiter. I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager. I had a second phone screen with the technical lead to review my technical skills. Both of these interviews went well and I was asked in for an in-person interview and to meet the team.

There was a bit of back and forth and the internal recruiter had to reschedule the in-person interview twice due to issues with their scheduling. I was flexible and accommodating.

I went to the in-person interview and met the technical lead and did a short coding test with them - one programming problem. I met with a second employee and worked on a larger programming task, one similar to a daily work request and coded in the actual development environment. There were a few minor logistical issues with the development environment on the test machines but otherwise I thought it was pretty straight forward and went smoothly.

The entire in-person interview lasted 4 hours and I was informed I would hear back from HR the following week.

It has since been over a month and I haven't heard anything from the company. Multiple attempts of contact for feedback from the internal recruiter have been met with silence.

Interview Questions

• What does the keyword static mean?   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ankura (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very nice and laid back, was asked very fair and riveting questions that I could convey myself in. Was strictly behavioral, and the questions asked were very fair and felt like more of a conversation than anything else.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were challenged?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

The interviewer most took the entirety of the interview to talk about the role itself, not many questions asked, inquired about my knowledge of Ankura's operations, a relatively short interview to be honest

Unknown Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ankura in December 2018.

Interview

They called me and told me they had a role they wanted me to interview for- I interviewed with the recruiter and another consultant. They then asked me to do a case review. After a week I called them and they said they didn’t have a position. Not sure why they asked me to do a case review if they weren’t hiring? It was a lot of work and waste of time for no reason. Be careful with this firm- seems like they are just collecting industry knowledge

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ankura (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

After lengthy period of time in between scheduling for phone interview and face-to-face. I finally went on site for an interview initially scheduled for one hour between 1 and 2:00 p.m. However, although very intrusive the interview ended at 2:30 and although I was given parking validation it was not accepted and had to pay $18! I sent a thank you letter to all parties involved in the interview including the recruiter but no response even after making several attempts via email and telephone voicemail. Shortly after interview the company posted another position for the same department but with a different position title which happens to be the same title as my previous position. This whole experience prompted me to check out the Company's reviews from previous employees on various sites let us just say... I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.