Aon Hewitt Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Aon Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated 10 Feb 2018

2.8

Carrier Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Tampa, FL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

My overall experience from start to finish was unbelievable! I was shown the upmost professionalism by everyone in the organization.

Online interview, 3 phone interviews and they flew me out for Face to face interviews with hiring manage and members of the team

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem/ issue, how did you identify it, what steps did you take to solution the problem and the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer came in more than expected!😊

Claims Advocate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was invited by an Aon recruiter to complete an online video interview. I'm not sure if the questions vary but I was asked about my experience working with claims. There is a set amount of time to answer the question and no opportunity to re-record your answer. After that, I was invited to a phone interview/claims assessment with the hiring manager. The call lasted about 30 minutes and was VERY thorough. He asked me to tell him about myself and then jumped right into the assessment. The assessment included questions about insurance types, billing, claim denials, and scenarios where you had to respond with how you would handle a certain claim issue. I was later invited to an on-site interview by the recruiter's coordinator but after speaking with the recruiter about the starting pay, I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a client/member was telling you too much personal information that did not pertain to the claim issue?   1 Answer

The starting pay was below my minimum required.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was an on campus interview with an employee. That was pretty much behavioral questions. There's a set of questions they ask. Next round, invited to take business analyst test. Not too hard, not something you can prepare for either. If you pass, should be invited to next round. Invited to on site interview, 3 rounds: 1 panel, and 2 one-on-one interviews

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you had to learn a new program and how did you go about it   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Madison, WI (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Process was exciting, very interesting people to speak with. The consultants I spoke with seemed very knowledgable and excited to hire on new interns as well. I thought the interview went very well, but was not given an offer.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus initially through campus recruiting. Got a call from the recruiter the second day for an on-site interview. The interview day started at 9:30 am with a presentation by a senior actuary. After the presentation, there were 2 one-on-one interviews. Following the lunch break, there were 2 more one-on-one interviews. Each interview took about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an unpopular opinion and how did you play it out?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewing for a a consultant role in the HR consulting practice (Engagement practice) for BLR location. The interview took close to two months with around 5-6 rounds of interviewing, starting from peer round, till the CEO round. It takes considerable amount of time and energy to interview with this company. It helped that most of the interviews were telephonic with just two f2f rounds, otherwise it would have been more difficult to visit onsite for each and every interview. There was a lack of co-ordination initially within the recruitment team in scheduling the interviews. It would help the candidates if the company streamlines their recruitment process and cuts short the number of interview rounds and save their and the candidates time and resource.

Interview Questions

• Initial rounds will test subject knowledge, while later rounds will test personality, fitment, etc.   Answer Question

Workday Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Charlotte, NC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

university interview first, logic test followed by, then go to Charlotte to have the last round of interview. introduction first, then lunch, at last, four rounds of interview. every round has a theme, try to catch it. They focus on the behavioral questions, not technic.

Interview Questions

• How to handle the situation you and your boss have different ideas.   Answer Question

Cloud Deployment Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Had initial on-campus interview (mainly behavioral). Then was invited to take an online reasoning test (can't really prepare for this). Was invited to on-site interviews. First 30 minutes was overview of Workday software. Then I had a panel session with 6 other members where I was able to ask all the questions I had (they didn't ask me anything). Then I had 2, 1-1 interviews which were all behavioral. Got offer in 2 business days!

Interview Questions

• This is a tech-consulting role and we see that many people want to do strategy. Tell me why tech-consulting is something you want to do.   Answer Question

Retirement Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took around 2 weeks. Then one of their Associates contacted me about a phone Interview. The overall interview lasted around 40 mins. My interviewer was very nice, and it took around 1 month before the on-site interview.
    Tips: Be really prepared about what's on your resume. They are gonna ask you unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about almost everything on my resume.
      How I got different jobs in different areas?
      Why Aon Hewitt?
      Why actuary?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Waltham, MA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back. It was a very conversational. At the start of the interview, he basically was describing the company and his particular position. After that, he allowed me talk about anything I thought he should know about. After that, there were couple questions here and there, but nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain to people who ask you about the actuarial profession?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.