Aon Interview Questions

Updated 26 Aug 2015

2.8

Health and Benefits Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

One whole day Assessment Centre, consisting of 4 parts - 2 group tasks, 1 fact-finding exercise, and 1 interview. The first one was group debate on 3 out of 4 questions chosen by all the candidates together. Not difficult, just try to be relaxed and express your ideas clearly. The second one was fact-finding exercise, which was simply a case study. An article with limited concept was given and you have to ask the interview about questions related with the case study, and finally write a thorough report. The third one for me was the interview. Lots of competency-based questions were asked, but all were typical ones. The last one was a group task again. All the candidates work together for a case study. It was an extremely long ,tiring day. You should definitely be well prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the number of televisions in the UK? What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

General Insurance Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aon (London, England) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted my CV, did Situational Judgement and Deductive Reasoning Tests. Then they invited me to an interview in London. It was with three people (an analyst, a principal consultant and a director). It was about 45 minutes long. They asked about my interest in the role / industry and some maths questions. I later found out that the other interns at Aon had to go through an assessment centre, but GI doesn't do this (for both internships and graduate roles, they only have interviews).

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

Lasted two months. Met with 5 people.

Graduate Actuarial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aon (London, England) in October 2012.

Interview

First to enter an online application with a CV and a cover letter. If successful, then you would be invited to an online Situational Judgment Test (SJT) that should take around 45 minutes. Then there will also be a first-round, second-round interview and as assessment centre based in London.

Interview Questions

• IQ question. There are 25 horses and you want to find the fastest 3. Given that you can only put 5 of them in each race, what is the minimum number of races that you need?   3 Answers

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (London, England) in May 2011.

Interview

assessment centre, interview with the deaprtment manager

Pension Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aon (Bristol, England) in August 2009.

Interview

This agency offers a mix of industrial/cleaning jobs, and of low-skilled admin jobs. They will regularly advertise for permanent positions in pension admin, with salaries in the £14K-£16K range without pension experience, and in the £18K-£25K range with pension experience. When you apply, you are called back by one of their staff (Sonya, Tracey) who ask you questions to check that you are computer literate and have GCSEs in Maths and English. Even if you’re already in work and your qualifications are on your CV. Then they ask you to take a half day off to attend an interview with them. At the interview, they act again as if they did not believe that what you put on your CV was true (but do not make you sit tests, which would be the easiest way of demonstrating that you do have the required skills). Once they’re satisfied, they tell you that you can start at the company as soon as possible, there will be no need for an interview with them! They disappear off to fetch and a contract, and lo and behold! come back with an agency contract and a timesheet! They then insist that you are only going to temp for 13 weeks, after which the job will become permanent (fat chance). Furthermore, the payrate is only £7.50ph gross, way below £14K pa. If you tell them you have to think about it, they will keep badgering you on the phone again, and if you answer one of their calls, surprise!!! the payrate has gone down to £6.50ph gross, which doesn’t even come close to £14K pa, and they have work for you (temping) for 6 months at least! The company in question is AON. I had a housemate once who had left a permanent pension admin job in London to move to Bristol, and had signed up to temp at AON: 6 months later, she was still temping.

Interview Questions

• Can you do basic calculations?   1 Answer

I was looking for a permanent job.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. More into technical. Interview process was fast nd good. Hr coordinated well. 1 round was telephonic nd rest was with manager and with onshore manager.

Finance Leadership Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's job board. 1st round was a digital interview online. The 2nd step was a pretty lengthy in person interview that included meeting with current employees and managers, a case study and a panel. Mostly explained my past experience and everyone reinforced the rotational program aspect. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and really make yourself stand out. There were other candidates interviewing that day and we all sat on the same panel at the end. Be honest!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Aon?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with excel?   1 Answer
    • What interests you about the rotational program?   1 Answer

Pension Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

I received an email regarding a phone screening. Then after that a few days later I got called for a panel interview. It consisted of 4 people and it was 2 hours long. It was not as intimidating as I thought it would be.

Senior UNIX Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL (US)).

Interview

Smart people, long interview process. Three rounds of interview. Two phone screening ( Recruiter and Techinical) followed by 3 hour personal interview. Technical interview was difficult. Very specific questions related to past experience and how to trouble shoot performance isssues

Interview Questions

• Previous job and focused more on experience. Customer friendliness and focus related questions.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.