Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,705 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   28 Answers

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Got a phone interview with the HR. Then a couple from the design teams. Was given a one week design challenge on battery door mechanism. About to have another round of interviews. Excited

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Campus interviews. Interview questions were mainly behavioral, about teamwork and problem solving. Employees were very friendly and food was provided, even though the process was less than an hour. There were many applicants, so despite feeling that it went well, I knew the chances were slim and it really was down to luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with someone who had differing views than you.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

Was a dull and delayed process because of the miscommunications within the hiring team. The interviews very pretty long. However, the difficulty was about average. Interview rounds were pretty disconnected, often focussing on extremes.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

This is my second round interview. He first asked me about my resume. Then he focused on the flow of synthesis and DC. He asked me more on SDC.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First round interview(no online assessment whatsoever). Call me through FaceTime. Ask basic questions about my experience and personal information. Ask a simple question about App interface design problem.

Interview Questions

• There is a factory that needs to transport a lot of Apple products(iPhone, iPad, etc.). Workers there hope they can have an app tells them how to load the products into the containers so that the loading rate of each container could be maximized. Briefly tell us how you'll design the app.   Answer Question

College Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It was an online interview with 2 managers. They go to know me personally and asked a lot of what if's and role-played. It took about 45 minutes. They were really easy going and down to earth.

Manufacturing Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Initially, there was a recruiter call, talking about my basic experience, trying to see if there is a match. Then there was first round technical phone screen with probably the team lead, which was purely technical, and then a second round technical phone screen which was more of behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is process capability and explain a time when you had to use it   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. The first was a phone screening that had a few basic behavioral questions. The second was a small group interview in store that again featured behavioral questions, but these were more focused on your professional experiences rather than your personality or background. That night I was invited to a third in store interview which featured basic questions that were geared toward your experience with technology and Apple products. The final interview was with the flagship leader and again, more behavioral questions that were a bit tougher, but they really just wanted to get to know your story.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.