Apple Apple Retail - Expert Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Apple Apple Retail - Expert Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.2

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cherry Hill, NJ (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Had three separate conversational-style interviews with management and store leaders. They were interested in my retail experience and how I would fit into the culture of the store and company.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you want me/us to know about you upon leaving this interview?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Interview

Interview amongst a panel of Apple manager for the expert positions. For regular Specialist employees start with a group interview, phone interview, and then a 1 on 1 interview. They ask you many question to try and get a feel for your personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to apply the Apple Steps of Service.   Answer Question

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied on line through the Apple job website. I received an invitation to the Group hiring event there were about 30 people, 4-5 Apple employees, we had to stand up and introduce ourselves and say what our favorite Apple product was, we watched videos about the company, we were then asked questions in small groups. I received a turn down stock email the next day.

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Was sort of lengthy, I was an internal hire so it really wasn't too strenuous. The interview consisted of an email, then a phone call with the hiring manager, after about a week another phone call from a fellow manager followed by another week and a call from the store leader and then the market leader.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you're passionate about.   Answer Question
    • Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you were faced with a challenging customer, how did you handle the scenario?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite app & how does it relate to your drive to work for Apple?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, they produced an offer good enough to keep me happy.

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Situation based questions looking for Situation, Behavior, Result
    " tell me about a time when..."

There is also a technical testing and interview
    There were also about 4 interviews in order to qualify for expert--one with RZ Manager, one with Genius and Family room manager, Store Leader then District Leader

It seemed like the technical portion was a gray area where leaders could position specialists for success or turn down depending on whether they wanted them in the position. With as many interviews as it took, it seemed like just a formality because a decision had already been made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, was told what pay and role was

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)).

Interview

When interviewing for the expert role you have to go through a rigorous panel interview with 5 different managers; a store leader, one is the market leader, a lead Genius, and 2 other managers. You will have to pass a verbal technical panel that is 30 minutes long with the lead genius. Once you get though all 5 they thank you and have you on your way home. It took 10 days before I found out I got the job. This is all after already being employed with apple for 6 months. The interviews into apple is a much harder process. Multiple group interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked about Xsan- which I thought was odd as it was not something we discussed much on the retail floor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went in with my salary requirements before I even interviewed.

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I had to go through two interviews an they all went over very well. One of the interviews was on the phone. The other interview was with a group of people. All-in-all an easy process.

Interview Questions

• What previous jobs have you held before you began this interview?   Answer Question

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Two candidates in the managers office with store leader, both market leaders, and at least one manager present. I applied from another Apple Store with she support of my store leader; James did the same backed by his store leader. Both of us were supported by our market manager. We were unaware that the other had applied. Two positions were open. We both succeeded.

Interview Questions

• Describe the situation and hou you handled a difficult customer situation. What happened and how did you resolve the interaction? We're you able to create a promoter?   1 Answer
    • Both of you come with strong backgrounds. How do you complement each other.   1 Answer

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Plano, TX (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

It was very smooth. Applied online, waited roughly a week to hear back. Things moved quickly after that. First interview was at a hiring event, notified same day of next interview. Next interview with store leader, notified next day of offer. Final interview with market leader to approve starting pay. Started three days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you turned an unhappy customer into a fan of your business.   Answer Question

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Basic asked questions around the history of apple and my experience with apple.
    Basic Questions about my work experience and how did I hear about this position. They guided the questions from history to work experience and how I feel about working at apple. basically temperature checking me if I was interested.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.