Apple Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Apple

1,331 Interview Reviews

2.9

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   32 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Bethesda, MD (US)).

Interview

Spend a lot of time asking you questions about yourself, and how you would handle customers on the floor. I wish they put more emphasis on the technical background they are looking for in the interview, instead of just the customer service aspect.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach your coworker if you notice they are not properly accomplishing their task?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Very friendly team atmosphere! The interview was very conversational and questions were geared to hear your personality and experiences. Overall a fulfilling process that was easy to navigate. Highly recommend applying to a great company and showing brand loyalty.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you made a mistake? How did you correct it?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

If your application is chosen you have to go to a hiring event which can hold 10-30 people in which you have to stand out. From there its an interview with a manager from the store, then the store leader, and then finally the market leader.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Really good interview process overall. A recruiter reached with a phone call to get a general experience, then scheduled an in-store group interview with a manager. The final interview was one-on-one with a store manager.

Interview Questions

• What were your experiences dealing with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Interview

It was a great experience! The staff surprised me in a good way. They seemed to care about us, the applicants. Also, the recruiters were really easy going and always there to help.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. The first was a phone screening that had a few basic behavioral questions. The second was a small group interview in store that again featured behavioral questions, but these were more focused on your professional experiences rather than your personality or background. That night I was invited to a third in store interview which featured basic questions that were geared toward your experience with technology and Apple products. The final interview was with the flagship leader and again, more behavioral questions that were a bit tougher, but they really just wanted to get to know your story.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Group interview with about 40-50 people. The hiring managers (6-7) asked questions and a few people were about to answer. We were then split up into groups of 8 with 1 manager and passed around an Ipad with questions. Whatever question was on the screen when it was passed to you, you had to answer. The total thing took about and 1.5 hours. I then had a phone interview a week later, and 1 more face to face interview with a leading manager before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe where you come from and where you would like to see yourself in the next 1-5 years?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Many steps- 4 interviews before offer. The first was a group interview, followed by interviews with other specialists and the store manager. All interviews were conducted in person. Overall, a positive experience - just a little bit long.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths as a retail employee?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

They called about 2 months after I applied. There were 3 interviews. The first two were with an additional candidate. The first one was with the hiring manager, and the second was with the senior store manager. The third interview was more of a "you already got the spot" interview and it was with the market leader.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.