Aquarium of the Pacific Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aquarium of the Pacific

Aquarium of the Pacific

Application

I interviewed at Aquarium of the Pacific

Interview

It was a phone interview about my interests in the field, in the org, and then a quick demonstration / role play scenario. The interviewers were friendly and explained the purpose of the demo / scenario.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do in this situation? Angry guest, etc.
    Answer Question

Aquarium of the Pacific

Application

I interviewed at Aquarium of the Pacific

Interview

Interviewed by 2 managers for seasonal position. They ask the basic behavioral questions. Nothing surprising. They don’t hire on the spot. They will email back in a week or 2

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aquarium of the Pacific

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aquarium of the Pacific in May 2021

Interview

Remote virtual interviews, an initial and a final. Completed over phone the first time, and the second with a web chat. Took about an hour for each interview. Gave me a calendar invite to setup the 2nd meeting.

Interview Questions
  • Describe LSS, what are the three types of filtration, what do you like least about your current job. What is a difficult situation with your coworker that you resolved?

Aquarium of the Pacific

Application

I interviewed at Aquarium of the Pacific

Interview

one interview that lasted about 30 minutes, just asked me about myself and my interest in the company. it was a one on one interview which made talking easier. i dressed business casual which was fitting

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aquarium of the Pacific

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aquarium of the Pacific in Feb 2020

Interview

Straight forward. About 30 minutes. It took the company about 2 and half weeks to get back to me after I applied online. They had me sign committment forms atthe end of the interview and asked me when can I start and they'd let me know next week. Within the next 8 days, they called me back to officially offer me the job and tell me to come in on Monday for training day.

Interview Questions
  • Apart from your resume, tell us more about yourself.
  • Tell us a time you had to make difficult decision within a impossible situation.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aquarium of the Pacific (Long Beach, CA) in Nov 2019

Interview

The process was clearly laid out and was done through over the phone and via video calling. Questions ranged all the way from personal history and past work experiences to hard science questions and problem solving scenarios. Some questions require prior knowledge of organic processes and animal care which can be researched if need be. There is also a strong emphasis on looking at work ethic since most of the work consist of looking after animals with unique needs and specific care guidelines.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the nitrogen cycle and it's effects on fish in an aquarium setting?
  • Do you have experience scuba diving? If so at what level?
  • What sorts of animals have you worked with in the past and can you describe the best habits for keeping them?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Aquarium of the Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in Dec 2018

Interview

It was pretty quick , a one on one conversation with the head of the hiring committee & she just asked customer service questions and just wanted to get to know the type of person I was. Felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aquarium of the Pacific (Long Beach, CA)

Interview

Group interview for students--it was not difficult because it was intended for minors/high school students but more of a screening and ensure the interviewees were comfortable speaking. The group process made it more enjoyable

Interview Questions
  • The group interview asked what type of animal was our favorite?

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aquarium of the Pacific (Long Beach, CA) in Jan 2018

Interview

First interview is with two managers, second is a group interview with a few other applicants. First involves just answering questions, reviewing your resume. Second involved a group activity where you demonstrate how you’d help a guest.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you looking to work for the Aquarium?

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aquarium of the Pacific (Long Beach, CA) in Mar 2017

Interview

Very relaxed and casual environment! You are sat in a room with around 30 or so people, and then called individually by other experienced volunteers where they ask you easy questions. Everyone is super friendly and not intimidating

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews