Arcadia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Arcadia Interview Questions

Updated 31 May 2018

2.7

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arcadia (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a friend who worked there already and hooked me up with an interview. It was a pretty easy process, I've worked retail before so it was easy for me

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a frustrated customer?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadia (Akron, OH (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online; had worked there previously. Got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

Acquisitions Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arcadia (Charleston, SC (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

had about a half an hour phone interview which went very well- a lot of questions about sales situations and how I would handle them- also about comfort level with cold calling. Then there was a panel interview 6 interviewees and 6 interviewers- typical questions about sales- and inquiries into candidate understanding of publishing and what Arcadia does ( half the candidates in the interview did not have a clue) - interview lasted about 1.5 hours- they said they would get back to us in a couple of weeks- we all had to submit credit and background check release forms-
    One month later.... a thanks but no thanks email with the ususal we will keep your resume on file-

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied for another role but then got an email indicating that I should apply for the Finance Analyst role instead which was an immediate start. I was given 5 days for submit a video interview which consisted of the basic why us, why you, experience and skills questions. Now, considering that I was given 5 days to do this, they have not responded to me for over 3 weeks despite making numerous attempts to contact them. Excellent worth ethos!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process started off well - i applied and heard back within a few days regarding setting up an interview. The interview itself was fairly okay, with standard background questions and hearing a little more about the role.

Im marking this as a negative experience, as the company did not let me know the outcome of my interview process - i'm assuming it was a no! This is a very poor practice within recruitment for such a large organisation, and outlines some much needed improvement in terms of process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background/experiences   1 Answer

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

General telephone interview as a screening process them a two man face to face interview. The interview was relaxed and not too pressured. Very transparent. Reassured me about career progression as well.

Junior Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. After the application process and a simple maths test, I advanced to the interview process. This was a self-recorded video interview which gets sent to the employer for review after. You have time to prepare for each question and about 1 minute to record and answer them. Although the interview process was fairly straightforward, I never got any feedback from this. Not even anything to say I got rejected. Tried to follow this up with the person who emailed me but no response from them either which is rather disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for arcadia?   1 Answer

Junior Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for arcadia?   1 Answer

Buyers Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and then took part in a simple maths test. Maths really isn’t a strong side of mine but I’m brushing up on the necessary retail maths because this job is something I seriously want to pursue. I then went through to a video interview stage. For this I researched as many questions that people had been asked, did a tonne of research and wrote up all my answers to the questions just in case so I knew I had an answer to any question, that way I wasn’t entirely forming an answer on the spot. Although it was nerve wracking, I think it went well and I found the questions simple enough to answer. You get 30 seconds once the question comes up to prepare your answer and the time various from 60-90 seconds to give your answer, I would prepare to talk for both amounts of times just in case, have extra optional points to talk about because I had to cut my answer short on on of the questions because I had run out of things to talk about.

I am currently waiting to hear back on the next stage.

Interview Questions

• Why a career in buying?   Answer Question
    • What would you expect to be doing as a BAA? Describe a typical day.   Answer Question
    • Naming as many sources as possible, tell us where you research your trend information.   Answer Question
    • From these sources, what 3 key items would you invest in for AW18   Answer Question
    • Is a £20000 your expected salary and are you aware that you could be placed with any of our 8 Brands? When are you available to start work?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadia.

Interview

Stereotypical graduate scheme: application process, tests, video interview, assessment centre. All in all a good experience. Would recommend if interested in fashion/ merchandising/ administrative roles. Good luck to anyone applying

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.