Arcadia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Arcadia Interview Questions

Updated 7 Dec 2017

2.7

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadia (Akron, OH (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online; had worked there previously. Got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

Acquisitions Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arcadia (Charleston, SC (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

had about a half an hour phone interview which went very well- a lot of questions about sales situations and how I would handle them- also about comfort level with cold calling. Then there was a panel interview 6 interviewees and 6 interviewers- typical questions about sales- and inquiries into candidate understanding of publishing and what Arcadia does ( half the candidates in the interview did not have a clue) - interview lasted about 1.5 hours- they said they would get back to us in a couple of weeks- we all had to submit credit and background check release forms-
    One month later.... a thanks but no thanks email with the ususal we will keep your resume on file-

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England).

Interview

Online application, maths test, video interview, assessment day and initial interview with Group HR and finally an interview with the specific brand you would be working for. The overall process took about 2 months and the Arcadia Talent team were very quick to respond after each stage and were happy to answer any questions throughout the process either via email or even over the phone.

Interview Questions

• SWOT analysis of the brand , during the final interview stage.   Answer Question
    • Provide an example where you have worked in a team?   Answer Question
    • Provide an example where you have shown analytical skills?   Answer Question
    • If stock couldn't get delivered from the warehouse to a store for any reason, what else could you suggest to ensure a store is stocked with certain lines?   1 Answer

Buyers Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an online maths test shortly after. I passed this and then had a video interview (which I found the hardest part!) It puts you on the spot so just make sure you've done your research and you'll be fine. You can find all of the questions on glassdoor so you can prepare.

Then around a week later I was called for a group interview which was with three other candidates. We had separate interviews where we presented a trend board with a member of the recruitment team and then a group exercise and another math test. The maths test was basic retail maths and the group exercise was about prioritisation of some every day tasks. I enjoyed this, my group were all really friendly and the recruiters all put you at ease. I received a call whilst I was on the train home saying I'd done really well and they'd definitely put me in for an individual interview as well as some helpful and constructive pointers to help in my final interview.

A week later I was given a date and I had two days to prepare before my final interview which involved presenting a product based trend. I did two boards for this, one with my general research on the trend and another of the key products I would book. Nearly two weeks had passed with no contact until I chased them. I assumed I had been unsuccessful but I then received an offer which I happily accepted.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

First stage was telephone interview, second stage was in-person. The hiring manager is looking for someone that doesn't exist. I've previously applied to this company,I have extensive experience in this industry, doing the same types of projects - for much bigger, international, more well known companies. Yet, despite me doing the exact same project for multiple other companies, my experience still wasn't good enough for them. I've previously applied for roles with this company via recruiters, and had bizarre rejection feedback supplied to me, that wasn't even true, and did not even seem that they had read my CV, and seemed they were talking about someone else completely. There is an arrogance and attitude of superiority by the hiring personnel, and unless you are a mortal God, then you will not be getting a job there. On arrival at reception to check in for the interview, it was an immediate negative impression - the receptionist was very arrogant, unfriendly, seemed very angry, and inconvenienced that she had to check me in. Not sure what her problem was, but it gave a very negative impression of what the working environment and mood would be like. Overall, the whole experience was very negative and gave an impression of arrogance and superiority, and of overworked unhappy people in the headquarters location. I will be avoiding Arcadia Group like the plague in the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in this field   1 Answer
    • Talk about similar projects you've done.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Was greeted in the reception area half an hour late, my interview was at 9.30am and no one came until 10.00am. The lady who met me was cold and barely spoke to me. After stomping around the meeting rooms for about 5 minutes she barked at me to 'wait here' in the middle of a corridor whilst she went off somewhere, only to come back and say we'd been moved. We then met another lady and sat in a glass meeting room where we sat in silence for a few minutes. Any conversation I tried to make was dismissed by one worded answers until eventually they asked me to talk through my CV. They then proceeded to ask me what I knew about the company and basic competency questions. They questioned, I answered but with no response in between, they basically read off of a sheet and grunted in reply to anything I said. They then asked if I had any questions and then went on to say how boring the job was and that they didn't really like it, then asked me to leave. The interview felt very much like an inconvenience to them which leads me to wonder why they bothered asking me to come for an interview. I emailed a week and a half after asking when I could expect to hear back, it's been over a month now and still haven't heard anything. You'd think paying over £50 for a train ticket to go to an interview you'd at least get some sort of a response but nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Group assessment day, including a group activity surrounding allocation, a 7 minute maths test and an individual one to one interview that lasted about half an hour (including a PEST analysis presentation)

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia.

Interview

Unprofessional was in tiny store room behind till , general interview questions
    Not v friendly
    Had to do shop floor exercise - picking outfit for lunch with friends and sell it to customer .

BAA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then put through to an online maths test that is pretty basic but sufficient for the BAA role. Video interview with no one on the other end asking you about what trends you think are coming and what your influences are. Very random!

After that I had a pretty long wait for an assessment centre. The assessment centre was probably one of the best I went to. Really relaxed and enjoyable. I had to redo my maths test that was more pressured and complete a group task however mine was only with one other candidate. This was a priority task sorting.

Then I had to present a moodboard I had been asked to prepare on an autumn trend I forecasted (I’m really anxious about presenting but the interviewer was lovely and helped me through). After a few more weeks I was contacted saying I was successful (shocked! Don’t lose hope and doubt yourself).

I had another long wait of about 3 months for a brand interview and this was with the senior buyer of the department. I feel that a member of HR should have been present as the interview didn’t flow as well as the assessment centre. More questions on the role and ran through my ENTIRE cv - make sure you know it.

I didn’t get the job which in some aspects I can understand - make sure you are commercial and I mean go very basic and to the core of the brands customer.

I was contacted a few months later after no communication asking if I was still searching for a role but had already accepted with another HS brand. I was annoyed as Arcadia was a brand I hoped for but looking back, there are so many brands on the HS with so much to offer so keep your options open!

Hope this helps as this is what I needed when I was going through the process!

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would do as a BAA   1 Answer

Buying Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks.
    The first stage was a math test. As I had tried the math tests in another application process, I knew what to expect and did well.
    Following the math test, I was invited to a video interview. This was very stressful, even though I had prepared extensively (looking at what questions were normally asked etc., preparing my answers). There were 7 questions. First you set up your camera, when the question pops up, and you have 30 secs to think of your answer. The camera then counts down from three, and the camera comes on. You then have 30-90 seconds to answer. You do not get to edit your answers, or re-tape them. Between each question you can chose to have a small break, as it doesn't continue before you click next. You do not get the questions in advance.

Apparently I did not provide the answers they wanted, and received a decline a week after the video interview.
    I was very sad, as Topshop has always been my dream, but there were many more stages to go through, and I was happy that I didn't get to the last stage just to be declined.

Interview Questions

• Does £20,000 per year meet your expectation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a typical day as your role as a BAA?   Answer Question
    • Mentioning as many sources as possible, where do you gather information on trends?   Answer Question
    • Using these sources, what 3 key pieces would you invest in for the upcoming season?   Answer Question
    • Are you aware, that if successful, you could be placed with one og the great eight brands of Arcadia?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.