ArenaNet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ArenaNet Interview Questions

Interviews at ArenaNet

2.9

Creature Artist Apprenticeship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ArenaNet.

Interview

I applied May 5, 2020 and was invited to do a phone interview June 9, 2020. I was told I’d been vetted to move on in the process which was exciting. The interview was basic, no questions related to art. That was supposed to come later. The compensation they mentioned after I was asked about my salary requirements was rather low, especially for the living costs of the area. Remote work apparently wasn’t an option. One of the questions asked was for my availability. The following day was the only day I’d be unavailable for a follow up call that week. I was told I’d receive a call later in the week. I emailed follow up questions to my interviewer the evening of the interview day. They tried to call me on the day I was unavailable. No voicemail. I left a message afterward. I haven’t heard back since. No email, no call, not even a rejection letter.

Help Desk Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArenaNet.

Interview

Both recruiter and hiring manager were friendly and easy to interact with. Scheduling the phone screen and phone interview were easy and convenient. Was given clear instructions on the next steps of the interview process as well.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArenaNet (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview was super fast, it lasted no more than 15 minutes. In few days after they send me a test, which consisted of 3 tasks about SQL queries plus 5 questions, related to analytical mindset and approach in general. Few days after I sent my test, I've received a rejection letter. That's it.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience and why did you think that it will be useful for us (ArenaNet).
      What is your salary expectations?
      Have you ever played GoW?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at ArenaNet in October 2018.

Interview

Off-putting interview process where they had already picked a candidate. They had a very short phone interview, then sent a skills test, and soon after sent an automated rejection saying they made an offer to another candidate. I doubt they even looked at my responses to the skills test and feel like my time was wasted.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ArenaNet (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an onsite interview a few weeks later that lasted from early morning until late into the evening. The whole process was less of an interview and more of a consulting sesssion where the company tried to extract as much knowledge as possible. Nearly the entire staff had gone home because it was the end of the day and yet I was still there because they had additional "interview questions". It became apparent they really didn't know how to execute marketing in the areas in which I had experience. There was a hostility as well from many of the inteviewers as if they were putting you on trial. In hindsight, it all made sense because there was a palpable sense of friction between the various team members who interviewed me--it really felt like a culture where you had to keep your guard up and explain yourself at every turn.

Animation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArenaNet in January 2018.

Interview

Got a phone prescreen phone interview on Jan 26 by their recruiter, the process is very positive, she called me on time and she is very friendly and nice. she told me the recruiter team will email me on Jan 26. Then I got declined by them. Nothing special to say, but if they like you, they're willing to proceed to hire you. And this is my first interview, it's a good way for me to improve myself in the future.

Artist Interview

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter on linkedin. Had an interview with him and the art lead. Art lead threw me softball questions about team stuff and what I do in my current role. It was super short as he was late and then had to run to a new meeting.

Heard nothing for a while. After asking for a status update two weeks later I was rejected for not being technical enough, despite being asked zero technical questions.

I spend a lot of time trying to overcome the notion that I'm not a technical person. The work I do is highly technical. Truthfully, I wish Arenanet had asked me technical questions in this interview instead of throwing me softballs and then rejecting me after not giving technical responses to those softball questions. It's really upsetting to be assumed less technical than I actually am, and it happens more often than it should in the video game industry.

Interview Questions

• what are your career goals?   1 Answer
    • what is your current team structure like?   1 Answer
    • can you tell me about past projects?   1 Answer

Character Artist (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArenaNet (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Art test followed by a phone screening with HR coordinator and a second interview with team leader. Interview process was surprisingly fast and the interviewers were very helpful, knowledgeable about the industry and interesting to talk to.

Concept Art Interview

Interview

Like any other company, It helps to know people who work there. I was able to get the internship through the quality of my portfolio and knowing people in the department that I wanted to work in.

Game Content Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ArenaNet (New York, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Got phone screened, then got a second call going into detail about the job. Then was asked to take a design test. Then got an interview to go over the design test. I was told I would be interviewed by 3 people but there was 4 at my interview. All of this was done on the phone. Never got a phone call or response afterwards. Not even an automated email rejection.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a moment where you had problems working with someone.
      2. Name some of your weaknesses.
      3. What would this creature look like? (design test specific)
      4. Additional questions pertaining to the design test material.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.