Arm Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

Relaxed and laid back. Made me feel at ease throughout the full process. Consisted of one telephone, two face to face interviews and a technical do at home test. You had around a week to complete the technical test.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills and experiences   1 Answer

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online for an interview a couple of days ago. It took a couple of days before receiving an e-mail. The interview was online. I had to record my answers to 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• The first three questions were related to myself, my experience and my background.   Answer Question
    • The second question was to understand a code and explains its functionality.   Answer Question
    • The third question was about to write a function in Python that finds the rarest number in a list with nlogn complexity.   Answer Question

Hardware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm (London, KY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It’s a video interview and it consists of company-specific questions as well as technical questions. There were 2 40-minute coding tests. The total length of the interview was about 2 hoirs

Graduate Engineer Interview

Interview

first, a phone interview with the recruter. After that you will have 2 phone interviews where they will ask you some technical questions. If everything goes fine, you will be asked for face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• They probably ask questions related to Out-Of-Order, cache coherence, and consistency   Answer Question

HR Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

The communication about the interview is a bit mess, I provided my availability but didn't get any feedback so I had to send a reminder and then they told me they couldn't meet during that period of time due to travelling, finally the series of interviews got scheduled different stakeholders lined up but just after the first interview with one peer, not the hiring manager, they told me all the following interviews were off without any further feedback but during the interview, the interviewer was showing very positive response of next steps. The hiring experience to me is not efficient and not as open and clear as they claimed.

Interview Questions

• how to respond to fast paced environment with frequent change   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm in November 2019.

Interview

The interviewer did not know what I have done and background until he opened my portfolio.
    He was begun by judging my home page font and hover over latency. Then, he opened my project and critique the process is too long; The text is too much, and he does not want these content to been shown. From his perspective, product designers should only focus on the visual, pixel, and how things look like. He interrupts me several times and even not professional at all. I would not recommend this company for designers since their leader is narrow, judgmental, and arrogant.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm in November 2019.

Interview

This is the only interview that let me feel really uncomfortable!!!

I interviewed product designer job of Treasure Data. The first interview is directly with the design director, and I was totally shocked by his reaction. He is starting from the judgments of my portfolio. Express his personal opinions of text, design, and structure. And he click into one of my project and said: why currently portfolio is look the same way? Why you show me so many process and less design? This is not the work for me... Be honest, I was interned and worked in many big tech company that valued research and design process, rather then visual works! He even told me “ Great design works do not need research!” I can not believe that is from a director‘s mouth. After that, he answered my question so roughly. I am so lucky to not work with this director who is not respect others work and opinionated.

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arm in November 2019.

Interview

It is a very weird, unprofessional and impolite HR interview. The HR person was very bad. He said that my portfolio website was not good. He said that he did not like my portfolio website. Also, he said the font I used on my portfolio website was not interesting. I did not feel very comfortable to be with him, and especially such a nitpick attitude to my portfolio website, not design project-focus, in an HR interview.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arm (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I did 3 rounds of interview at Arm Treasure Data. The design team there is relatively small but the leader of the team is a skilled designer who has years of experience in the industry and generally a very good person. He taught me tons of new things in an interview. Although I did not get the offer in the end but it gave me an entirely different perspective to see UX design.

Interview Questions

• Web app design exercise with detailed feature requirements   Answer Question

Memory Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and quick. Recruiter promptly scheduled interview and interview did not seem like interrogation. I wasn't selected for the position which I got to know via email within a week.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain SRAM working and Noise margins of it.
      2. How does PVT variation affect SRAM access times and NM.
      3.Concept of Setup time and Hold time. How to fix it in Si validation.
      4.Leakage current of MOSFET. How does it scale with Length, Vth and Temperature. Techniques to reduce leakage current of MOSFET (Multi Vt, DVFS, Body biasing, Header/Footer switch, Clock gating)
      5. Where to use Header and Footer switch? Does FinFet has body biasing phenomenon to reduce leakage like conventional FETs.
      6.Any experience with EM simulation, memory compiler design and Digital verification/STA.   Answer Question

CPU Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Got a mail from the HR and asked me to select a date and time for the interview. It was a phone call interview for an hour or so . Questions mainly on pipelined processors, Tomasulo, caches and fifos. Apart from these questions were also on C++ basics and some were also on verification concepts.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.