Ashland Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 74 of over 74 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Ashland

Application

I interviewed at Ashland

Interview

Invited to apply, visited employer at career fair. Was offered an interview and traveled to the office to interview. During the interview, everyone was very kind and was accomodating. Fantastic company with amazing people, highly reccomend.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you failed.
    Answer Question

Ashland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashland in May 2020

Interview

I applied online the process took 4+ weeks. I was invited for a skype interview. The interview carried out by an academic partner and a company representative. I was given 15 min to present my related work experiences and 10 min for questions.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Are you interested in publishing articles or obtaning patents? Q:Research related questions Q: Are you familiar with NMR
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Ashland

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Navi Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ashland (Navi Mumbai) in Mar 2020

Interview

3 rounds of interview which was well structured and organized. HR round, technical round and final round. Many questions were strategic. Business analysis, market size. Mergers and acquisitions strategy .it was a panel interview

Interview Questions
  • How you contribute to the growth of the business

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashland (Texas City, TX) in Oct 2019

Interview

The first interview I had was with HR as a preliminary phone screening. I was then passed onto the hiring manager at the site for a phone interview. After both of these, I was invited to an onsite interview. I honestly really liked my on-site interview. I felt like the people were so nice, and it really seemed like a great working atmosphere. My only complaint that left me a little on the fence was how much the employees talked about the amount of work they had and stress that came with it. I am always okay with working over when I need to get my work done, but I was hesitant because this was discussed quite a bit in the interview which led me to believe it would be even more than they were leading on. I was extended an offer the day that I left the interview from the hiring manager who gave an estimated start date of the start of the year. When I got the call from HR with the specifics on the offer, she told me that they actually couldn't wait that long and I had to be starting in a month from that date. I honestly expected them to wait around a week or so after the on-site to extend an offer and then give me about a week to think about it and then about a month to start if I requested that. I told HR that I wanted to think on and they said they would be willing to give me more money as an incentive to start earlier. I emailed HR asking for the original start date since my company can’t fill my role until then, as well as a higher salary and signing bonus (my validation for the signing bonus was that I would lose incentives by leaving earlier). I didn't expect to get all of these things, but I wanted to see how much they would be willing to give me to make that move since it was 14 hours away and right before all of the holidays. HR called me and basically went off saying that it was a "shock" that I sent that asking for more money and the later start date after she made it "very clear that they could not do that". She went on about how she apparently knew how my bonus at my company was paid out, so my need for the signing bonus was not true which was insane to me because that is how my bonus is paid out. However, I was mainly referring to my signing bonus and relocation bonus that I would have to pay back portions of by leaving early as well as my end of year bonus. I requested a $5,000 increase from the first salary offer which I figured she may meet me in the middle which I felt was very reasonable compared to other companies in the area since the original offer was on the lower end for the competition. She said that "in the future, I need to be honest with companies with my expected start date because they spent a lot of time and resources getting me down there and when they like me, it’s hard to bounce back from”. She basically said that I wasted their time by saying that I would be "flexible" with the start date in the very first phone screening. At that point, she didn't tell me her estimated start date or even the timeline of when all these interviews would take place which occurred more quickly than normal. She said that we were just so far off that they didn't see it working out. Honestly, I figured she may let me wait until December which was only a couple weeks after she said they wanted me which I most likely would have accepted. Instead, she basically went off on me saying I was a liar and dishonest about several things I said which is completely ridiculous and was not willing to negotiate. I told her I was sorry to have wasted their time and she just responded that it was a learning experience. The ONLY reason that I did not accept this job was purely because of the attitude that I received as well as not being willing to budge on the things they originally offered to do. If she had offered even a small signing bonus as she said they could do and pushed out the start date a week later so it was after Thanksgiving, I probably would have accepted it.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral based questions or items specifically on my resume. Q: What type of process equipment are you familiar with? Q: When have you had to work with making something more safe? Q: Tell me about a time when you had to overcome failure and how you dealt with that? Honestly just normal questions. Nothing jumped out as an off the wall question at all.
1 person found this interview helpful

Ashland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ashland in Aug 2019

Interview

I applied and was contacted by Ashland talent acquisition. A few days later I interviewed over the phone with talent acquisition. The next interview was an over the phone interview with the plant manager. The final interview was at the facility with their management team.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an instance where you were able to use conflict management skills.
  • How do you manage purchasing levels on raw materials?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ashland (Zürich) in May 2019

Interview

Very friendly HR interviewer with down-to-earth personality. She was interested about motivations, professional experience and possible date of start. It was more like a friendly discussion rather than a formal old-fashioned HR interview. Most probably more about personality at this stage.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ashland (Fort Smith, AR) in Mar 2019

Interview

Discovered company through University career fair. Very friendly recruiters. Interview was casual and easy. Went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and were very clear when saying anything.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you faced a challenge and how you resolved it.

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ashland (São Paulo, São Paulo)

Interview

Bom. Foi feita uma prova sobre os conhecimentos técnicos necessários para o setor e depois foi feita entrevista com os gestores e uma pessoa do rh.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Ashland (Dublin, Dublin) in Jan 2019

Interview

Easy and nice people. Willing to put you at ease and listen to what you had to offer the company. Not an unpleasant experience. I would say they are nice to work for

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashland (São Paulo, São Paulo)

Interview

O processo consestiu em duas parte, a primeira etapa foi avaliado conceitos de farmacotécnica a partir de uma prova teórica e a segunda foi invidual com equipe do labotório com afinalidade de conhecer a personalidade do entrevistado.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 74 Interviews