Aspire Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Aspire Interview Questions

Interviews at Aspire

2.8

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aspire in February 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and asked to schedule an interview. I agreed and attempted to schedule a time. We did not schedule a time, but rather a day in which the recruiter said that they would call. I replied to the message saying I looked forward to the call. No response. Day went on. No call. I followed up saying that I never received a call, and if the position was still open I would like to reschedule some time to interview. No response. No call. They reached out to me for an interview, and I was blown off and ignored. It has been a week now, Very unprofessional. Would never work for this company even if they did call and offer me a position.

4 Apr 2019 – Chairman

If that is us, because as you can see people tag us by mistake, then I apologise. Doesn't make any sense not to call and don't blame you for losing interest

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview (This was their Hong Kong office). The convo was really short. The interviewer basically wanted to know what my salary requirements are (I feel like this could’ve just been answered in an email). I told her my salary expectations and current salary and she told me if I want to change industries I have to expect a pay cut. I said ok and gave her another bottom line (barely livable wage at the country I was in) and she kept trying to get me to go lower to less than $2,000 USD/month even though I’m degreed, qualified, and have prior experience. She told me with my experience I can’t expect any higher than that in Hong Kong, which was offensive to hear as I have interviewed at several places that offered salaries more than double the amount she was quoting.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary? What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Recruitment and Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Group interview, with a presentation based on the recruitment and sales industry. Also some sales and getting to know each other exercises. Also they reviewed our cV and asked background questions on experience, skillset and educational background.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell another interviewee and why they would be good for recruitment.   1 Answer

Talent Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aspire (Birmingham, England) in February 2018.

Interview

An in-depth telephone interview with a Talent Manager ascertaining my strengths/weaknesses, why I wanted to leave my current role, etc. We then arranged a second stage very shortly where I met with two Talent Managers for a competency based interview and a role-play involving speaking with a candidate looking for work.

The Chairman was then invited to sit in on the role-play along with the Talent Managers. Standard, quite nerve wracking but it's a view for them to see how you handle pressure.

The only downside is the fact that there's been no further correspondence despite chasing...especially with a start-date of the 5th for the new team. If they have informed those that are successful then where are the rejections? I'm not the only one this has happened to...

I'd also update your comms and website that say the Talent roles are three stages interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you deal with stakeholders that may push for too much?   Answer Question

5 Mar 2018 – Chairman

Hi, and apologies if no further communication. That is not good, Your feedback above says you applied via a recruiter. It would be usual for the recruiter to take the feedback and pass on to you. I can only assume your application was unsuccessful this time. I hope the experience enabled you to take something positive away for future interviews. Best wishes in your career search

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aspire (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Started off as a headhunt given my experience in recruitment. Decided to give it a go as there was an international offering on hand. Had an initial 2 telephone calls from members of the business abroad before proceeding onto a face to face in London.
    After a lengthy discussion and disagreements with salary, it was decided that I would be sent a breakdown/structure of the commission/bonus scheme to perhaps allow me to review the salary expectations. Was never sent any follow up, not provided feedback ever since.

Interview Questions

• What's important for you when working in recruitment?   Answer Question
    • Out of the key points mentioned, what would be your top 5?   Answer Question

30 Jul 2018 – Chairman

Many apologies, no reason not to send you the information you required.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aspire.

Interview

a waste of time on so many levels. CEO is smug and arrogant and will try to catch you out in the role play. (Which by the way is a ridiculous thing to do in an interview process but this company do it as a standard) Also the offices are tiny and look like an overpacked call centre! CEO is clearly someone who micro manages and will try to catch you out in the interview. didnt get an offer and even if I did wouldn't have been interested. Oh and the salary ranges they are advertising on their website are not a true reflection of what they actually pay.

Interview Questions

• Asked some really annoying and irrelevant questions   1 Answer

7 Aug 2017 – Chairman

If this is us, as in a review with Aspire Recruitment then I apologise as coming across as smug and arrogant. Role plays are designed to reflect the job we do, not to catch people out. If we seem an overpacked call centre then not an image we would prefer to reflect. Our staff surveys and Sunday Times Best Companies to Work for reviews show our people like our offices, the on site cafe, showers, oversized reception, natural light and location. The salaries we advertsie are exactly what we pay. We have a totally transparent remuneration system where you salary is dictated by your target. So either badly explained or you have the wrong Aspire

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aspire (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional. Job was falsely advertised and the interview was essentially spelling out the truth: you're applying to be one of those people you see selling sky tv in shopping centres.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay with this?   1 Answer

2 Oct 2017 – Chairman

We don't employ people as Sales Executives so unsure if you have the right Aspire

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire.

Interview

Submitted my application to the website. Had a phone screening with a candidate consultant which I passed. Was then invited for an interview in person at their office. Interview was a friendly chat with 2 managers. Got a phone call to say that I passed the first interview. Have a second interview coming up which is a presentation and role play.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why Aspire?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   Answer Question

Graduate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview initially used as an introduction session before candidates were narrowed down to those with the best presentation, very helpful in initial and follow up stages with extensive assistance to graduates

Interview Questions

• introduce another candidate and pitch them to the group   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were many offers given and allowed those who are successful for a choice in where they decided to go to

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire.

Interview

Applied online. Very confusing process. Got a call and discussed sales sales sales. Didn't even discuss the actual role that i applied for. Had to explain how my past experience would prepare me for a future sales role. Invited into the office for a 'registration interview' but declined.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think sales is for you.
      Tell me about how your past experience will prepare you for a possible career in sales   Answer Question

8 Apr 2019 – Chairman

Thanks for the feedback. Naturally we ask people about sales if they are applying for a sales orientated role

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.