Associated British Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Associated British Foods Interview Questions

Interviews at Associated British Foods

3.4

Strategy Manager AB Ingredients Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated British Foods.

Interview

Straightforward process, met with HR director and with line manager as well as director
    Flexible to meet early in the morning
    Interesting conglomerate
    Also had to do some online tests and they share the results of your personality with you during the interview
    Would recommend

Graduate Engineer Interview

Interview

Very good, the company had organised a factory tour and a dinner the day before the Assessment Centre. Also the HR team went out of their way to keep you interested in waiting times and afterwards they provided detailed feedback for each stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Management asks you to do something that you already know won't work. How would you react?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Associated British Foods in November 2019.

Interview

Fill out a general application form and answer two 500 word questions. Next stage is the online interview, where you have to answer 5 competency based questions. Then it is the online tests (SJQ, Numerical and Abstract Reasoning)

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Associated British Foods.

Interview

After being selected for the interview I received an e-mail stating I had three days to complete the interview. The interview was around fifteen minutes and after each question was given, they gave me one minute to think of an answer to the question, this was very useful. There were five questions and they were mainly competency-based questions.

Graduate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associated British Foods (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in September 2019.

Interview

4 stages:
    1) situation interview - how you would react in certain scenarios
    2) group discussion - assessed on how well you put your ideas forward and interacted with the rest of the group
    3) Presentation - 15 minute presentation on a topic you’re given a week before
    4) Interview

Technical Grad Scheme Interview

Interview

First, you need to fill in an online application form, with two 500 word personal statements. Then you carry out an online verbal reasoning and maths test. If you pass these you get invited to an online pre-recorded interview.

Interview Questions

• The online interview: How did you work as a team? How did you overcome a failure?   Answer Question

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated British Foods.

Interview

Completed an initial application, followed by verbal and numerical testing, then a video interview. Numerical test asked you to avoid using a calculator, but test was impossible without one.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult decision at work   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated British Foods.

Interview

Applied online and did numerical and reasoning tests then got a video interview. Was enjoyable as you are given a short preparation time to properly figure out what you are going to say.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      When have you made a mistake that affected others.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated British Foods.

Interview

Online application including a few long answer questions. Video interview followed and has a 2 day expiry time. Application not so difficult if you have some experience/ relevant things to discuss.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to pursuade someone to change their mind   Answer Question

Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated British Foods (Birmingham, England) in November 2018.

Interview

There was a standard process of an application form, psychometric tests and a video interview prior to being invited to the assessment centre. The night before the assessment centre the candidates was invited for an "informal" dinner and a tour of the West Brom bakery factory (which they claimed was just for the sake of showing us around but I was asked questions based on this tour in one of my interviews). The dinner was to get to know the other candidates and the interviewers to make the assessment day less stressful, but it seemed like it was already treated like part of the interviews and allowed bias to creep in to the assessors. The assessment day itself consisted of 4 parts: a team based exercise, a situational interview, an individual exercise and a competency based interview. The team based exercise involved producing a plan to deliver ABF products to different areas of Britain which we were later told by the HR staff was impossible to solve. For the exercise, we were in a group of 8 which is quite large to adequately judge a persons team working skills. The situational interviews involved discussing three different scenarios centred around safety, production efficiency and leadership for which we had time to prepare before doing the interview. One was on a failed motor which halted production and one was on a hammer falling off a crane and almost hitting someone on the head while under your supervision. The individual exercise involved picking a topic from a selection they provide you with (Brexit and food production, trends in foods and AI in manufacturing) and performing a SWAT analysis of the problem at hand. Then you have to present this and answer a series of questions. Finally, the competency based interview was a mixed bag of standard questions and also questions based on your behavioural online tests you took (do you agree that you are **? Why?; Do you think your tests showed that ** is your strength?). I wanted to add that out of the 8 interviewing, there was only 1 spot so odds of securing a job were quite poor and they made sure we knew that. Also, in the job description they were not clear that this grad scheme would only concern the bakery business and you would be limited to this. They don't allow you into the other branches of ABF manufacturing.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.