AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Cambridge, East of England, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Cambridge, East of England, England

Updated 22 Apr 2018

3.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IMED Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Full day spent at the company place in Cambridge. There was a technical interview, presentation, values interview and group exercise lasting about 40 minutes to 1 hour each with breaks and a chance to talk to people already on the scheme.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England).

Interview

Assessment Centre - Full Day.
    1) Panel gave presentation with overview of the company and of the interview process.
    2) Talking to current graduates.
    3) Presentation + questions.
    4) Group activity.
    5) Lunch with interview panel.
    6) Traditional interview based on my skills and past experience and related questions around AZ core values.
    7) Technical exercise.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you acted reflecting one of our core values. Describe the situation, what you did, process followed to decide to take that action, outcome, and what you learned from this experience.   Answer Question

Global Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The actual interview itself was pretty standard for the industry and I'd say neither too demanding nor too easy. It consisted of an experience and situation based interview with two people, followed by a presentation to two different people. There were two other candidates also present but other than ab early introduction session, there was no overlap.

The rest of the process however was clumsy to say the least. My application was sent via an internal referral but for a period of 7-8 weeks, I didn't hear anything, not even an automated acknowledgement.

I then received an invitation to interview via email, but three days later I also received an invite to a phone screening, which it turns out was sent in error.

About three weeks after the interview, I received a generic email confirming that I wasn't successful. This email suggested I reach out to a contact for any further feedback, but it turns out the email for that contact was incorrect. Despite obtaining their correct email later and following up, I am yet to hear anything back.

Anyhow, in all its a good place to work (from my internal contact), so don't let the clumsy interview process put you off.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews.
    1st with HR for 15 minutes on telephone.
    2nd with team on Skype call, for 30 mins.
    3rd on site interview with team and hiring manager for 3 hour.

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations by HR.   Answer Question
    • Questions around technical skills mentioned in the resume.   Answer Question
    • Job expectations and 3 technical questions with situations framed. Plus behavioural questions for the attitude to work under team and passion for science.   Answer Question

PA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in August 2017.

Interview

3 interviews - 1st with PA team members and 2nd and 3rd with senior managers. These interviews were the some of the nicest, most positive interviews I've ever experienced. And it was refreshing that the interviews were focused on finding out my personal qualities whilst also discussing my skills and experience, rather than just focusing on trying to trip me up with difficult questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying for the role, I received an acknowledgement letter then and invitation for an Initial screening interview by telephone. After the screening call, I was invited for a second interview face to face where I was interviewed by the recruiting line manager and HR.

Interview Questions

• Can you demonstrate how you planned and managed an important project - what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Applications made via the local Hays Office, and then an interview with the recruiting manager who also happened to be the recruitment manager.
    Engaging interview and I really liked the interviewer and her interview style.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months for pre-selection to phone interview. I got an email for to fix the phone interview in the next week after I got an email. The interview took around 20 minutes to complete

Interview Questions

• Integrity
      Visa status
      Salary expectation
      Educational background
      Why should I hire you
      Conflict at the work   Answer Question

IMED Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was an assessment day from 8:30 until 3:30 in Cambridge. The day consisted of 4 different interviews including a group activity session, technical interview, behavioral based interview and a presentation. The behavioral/values interview we were given information about in preparation for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview was quite difficult as we weren't able to prepare   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Was initially contacted by and internal recruiter and had a brief telephone conversation in which I was invited for onsite interview. I then had to chase the recruiter to get this organised. I was kept waiting for over 30mins on arrival with no offer of apology. I then waited over 3 weeks for any sort of feedback which I only received because I chased.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.