AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Cambridge, East of England, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Cambridge, East of England, England

Updated 19 Nov 2017

3.6

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Global Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The actual interview itself was pretty standard for the industry and I'd say neither too demanding nor too easy. It consisted of an experience and situation based interview with two people, followed by a presentation to two different people. There were two other candidates also present but other than ab early introduction session, there was no overlap.

The rest of the process however was clumsy to say the least. My application was sent via an internal referral but for a period of 7-8 weeks, I didn't hear anything, not even an automated acknowledgement.

I then received an invitation to interview via email, but three days later I also received an invite to a phone screening, which it turns out was sent in error.

About three weeks after the interview, I received a generic email confirming that I wasn't successful. This email suggested I reach out to a contact for any further feedback, but it turns out the email for that contact was incorrect. Despite obtaining their correct email later and following up, I am yet to hear anything back.

Anyhow, in all its a good place to work (from my internal contact), so don't let the clumsy interview process put you off.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews.
    1st with HR for 15 minutes on telephone.
    2nd with team on Skype call, for 30 mins.
    3rd on site interview with team and hiring manager for 3 hour.

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations by HR.   Answer Question
    • Questions around technical skills mentioned in the resume.   Answer Question
    • Job expectations and 3 technical questions with situations framed. Plus behavioural questions for the attitude to work under team and passion for science.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Applications made via the local Hays Office, and then an interview with the recruiting manager who also happened to be the recruitment manager.
    Engaging interview and I really liked the interviewer and her interview style.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months for pre-selection to phone interview. I got an email for to fix the phone interview in the next week after I got an email. The interview took around 20 minutes to complete

Interview Questions

• Integrity
      Visa status
      Salary expectation
      Educational background
      Why should I hire you
      Conflict at the work   Answer Question

IMED Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was an assessment day from 8:30 until 3:30 in Cambridge. The day consisted of 4 different interviews including a group activity session, technical interview, behavioral based interview and a presentation. The behavioral/values interview we were given information about in preparation for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview was quite difficult as we weren't able to prepare   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Was initially contacted by and internal recruiter and had a brief telephone conversation in which I was invited for onsite interview. I then had to chase the recruiter to get this organised. I was kept waiting for over 30mins on arrival with no offer of apology. I then waited over 3 weeks for any sort of feedback which I only received because I chased.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is divided into three parts, behavioural, technical and meeting the team. They send me information beforehand which was helpful in the preparation. The technical part is very much in-depth, I would recommend thorough preparation. I felt treated with respect and they showed a genuine interest in my achievements and what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with an example of how you influence others.   Answer Question

Analytics Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied direct. Called to interview about a week later. Interviewed by recruiting manager.

Interviewer was interviewing in a second language. Language skills were ok but we talked at cross purposes occasionally. idiom and colloquialism not understood, made for a stilted communication.

Got the impression interviewer wasn't very experienced at interviewing.

Interview was the 'you talk' style even after being heavily warned by HR that it would be competency based. I hadn't fully expected it to be a competency based interview at this level but HR had been so vociferous i had prepared for that and was expecting it, i had to change gear quickly which was awkward.

Interview Questions

• questions limited onus was on me to fill the time. Some basic questions were...

'tell me about yourself'
      was asked what were my list of questions were right at the top of the interview and had to wait while theses questions were awkwardly written out on an ipad.
      'what achievement most proud of'   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I was given a telephone interview with the department head in April 2016. Although I was feeling very nervous I feel that this went really well. The hiring manager was very polite and interested in what I had to say on the phone. However I never heard from them again, even after repeated phone calls and emails to inquire how the process was going. I understand they must interview a lot of people, but just a simple email to say I my application will not be going any further would have not gone amiss.

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England).

Interview

The first step is the phone interview where it will be asked you few questions.about the role and STAR. It is not that difficult and the recruiter over the phone was really calm and professional

Interview Questions

• 1) why do you want to apply for the company?
      2) why this role?
      3) why do you want to change your current role?
      4) tell me an uncertain situation and how you dealt with   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.