AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Cambridge, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at AstraZeneca

3.3

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England) in February 2020.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview followed a full-day face-to-face interview. The follow-up interview was very tough. It includes the Astrazeneca value interview asking questions related to their company values. You have to give your past experience to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• 1-hour technical presentation, 1-hour technical challenge by explaining take-home quiz, a 1-hour Astrazeneca value interview, and a 2-hour technical test. The whole face-to-face interview took 6 and 1/2 hours.   Answer Question

Computational Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Short phone interview (30 minutes) and then on-site interview. Very positive experience. The on-site interview lasted for 4 hourswith a short presentation. Interesting conversations with all the staff. Started with a 1:1 meeting with the hiring manager, followed by an interview with HR. 40 mins presentation and the technical interview.

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England) in November 2019.

Interview

The application involved filling out a form and attending an assessment centre.

The assessment centre consisted of some group work, two interviews (technical and competence) and a lab tour.

The technical interview consisted of data analysis questions. All data was provided during the interview and the questions were based off analysing charts etc.

The personality interview was composed of some general questions and some situational questions, i.e. how would you react to situation X.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England) in November 2019.

Interview

I could get to the recruiter interview, which is the first round. The interviewer was good and professional. I could not get to the hiring manager interview. No specific feedback.

Interview Questions

• About you, how do you fit the role, a previous experience where you had to deal a lot of stress during work.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Approximately 2 weeks after applying I was sent an email invitation for an interview in a weeks time. I had no phone interview, but others I have spoken to did.

The interview was scheduled for 3 hours, but I was there around 5-6 hours.
    There were 4 parts:
    1 - Presentation
    2- Show around with staff
    3-HR interview
    4-Technical interview

I prepared a 35 min talk but with questions throughout it lasted an hour. Questions all related to my research. I tried to make this applicable to the role. There was a mix of backgrounds, some very clued up in the area, others not. It was difficult to make a presentation that fitted everyone.

I was then shown around for an hour by other employees and had loads of time to ask questions about the labs and work environments.

The second part was the HR interview. 2 person panel asking questions around the 5 AstraZeneca values. They started with me describing a scenario then they asked around the scenario I gave them. Be careful in the scenario you choose as they really grill you on it. Don't say "we", say the word "I" as they will grill you if you about this and assume you didn't play a big role. Come up with several situations that you can talk about. They aren't trying to catch you out and were very nice, but will ask around the scenario you presented them for 15 min each.

The final section was a technical interview, this lasted around an hour. It was a 2 person panel, technical questions around the job position, how I process samples, how I would do experiments. They both were again very nice and they weren't trying to catch you out.

My whole process was positive, there was ample time to ask questions at all stages. I dressed in a tie and no suit jacket which I think was appropriate. A tie is not even needed, I wouldn't wear a suit. Make sure you come with plenty of questions, there is time to ask questions to HR the employees and about the specific research project.

I was emailed within 3 days to ask to come in again to meet some more people and then to see a collaborating lab. An offer was made after these visits and salary negotiations through HR. They paid for my visas and all salaries are negotiable. Benefits package + bonus are not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the role?
      Please describe the experimental procedure if you were to process x sample though to y result?
      How would you go about undertaking experiments to answer x research question?
      Where do you see your career going?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England).

Interview

Sent my CV through following a job posting, was invited for an interview a month or two later. During the interview I was asked to give a short presentation. I then had a competency based panel interview, a values based panel interview, and a short tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had your confidence knocked back, and how you worked to overcome this.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Contacted the group lead and had an initial chat as a screening check, was put in touch with the recruitment agent who was supposed to tell me time and details of the interview presentation. He didn’t and I contacted the team lead for details. The interview was approximately 2 weeks after the initial talk with the team lead and consisted of a 45 minute seminar presentation and an “interview” by team.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, what preference did I have ie practical or analysis and my current recent research knowledge   Answer Question

Synthetic Organic Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England) in November 2018.

Interview

There was a group interview and a technical interview. The group interview consisted of making a spaghetti & marshmallow tower and listing the 10 most influential people as a group. The technical interview had quite a lot of questions about aromatics and they also asked why you wanted to work there and what inspired you to study chemistry

Synthetic Organic Chemistry Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England) in November 2018.

Interview

Was invited fo a day visit at AstraZeneca's Cambridge R&D base. had two group challenges then one individual interview 45-60 mins. was asked a mixture of motivational and technical questions. then had a lab tour.

Informatics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England).

Interview

Drawn out and over complicated. I dealt with 4 different HR / (internal) recruitment people, not including the existing employees who led the technical interview.
    The steps were:
    1) phone interview with an unenthusiastic recruiter, who asked me questions about my qualifications. I assumed he hadn't received my CV. It turns out he had, so I don't understand the purpose of this step. He couldn't answer any of my questions about the company or the role.
    2) Another 30min phone interview a week later, with two current employees. This was fine, but I didn't know who they would be beforehand and what to expect. Any information that can help a candidate prepare means a better interview for everyone! As it was, we ended up going overtime;
    3) Three weeks later, I get an email from recruitment informing me that I'd been selected for a on-site interview, informing to "prepare a short talk on a topic" (that was the entire info about the talk). No information about the day, who I'd be speaking with, or more details about the talk.

In contrast, I submitted an application to another company, interviewed on site and received an offer within the same period, I appreciate that in large companies, recruitment is a complicated behemoth of a task - but it felt like there were a few unnecessary steps in this process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.