AstraZeneca Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Director Interview Questions

Interviews at AstraZeneca

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1 phone screen with hiring manager. It was followed by F2F interviews on one day. 1 technical panel, 1 values based interview panel and a presentation on topic provided by the interview team. Values based interview follows the STAR pattern for each of the company values. It took about 7 weeks for them to get back with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you pushed the boundaries to get something done.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, MA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

HR screening, then set up with HM for a videoconference. Standard procedures.

But my scheduled videoconference never worked.
    After it was set up, the conference link has no actual testing. It seemed good to go (I can join in, and waiting for host appears). In the actual interview, it kept rejecting me joining in. So I have to rush to work with HR rep to generate another way. After 10 minutes, it finally connected me with the HM. But the HM seemed pissed off, and the interview ended in 3 minutes with she propose to reschedule, which never happened. I didn’t hear a thing from anybody afterwards.

It is surprising to me that how by unprofessional both the HR and HM were.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call after a month. Had onsite interview and met with 2 VPs and 4 Directors. Lasted for about 6 hours. Needs preparation before the interview. Think about situational examples

Interview Questions

• Questions were STAR format based focusing on Company core values   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Bethesda, MD (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone conversation with hiring manager followed by 2 days of on site interviews. Part of the interviews included a scientific lecture to senior and mid level staff. Hiring manager was fantastic, but HR seemed flustered at times. Questions and requests to HR had to be bumped up the chain which slowed things down and also gave a sense of pack of interest in my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• They were generally trying to sell MEDI to me rather than me sell myself to them.   1 Answer
    • What would it take to get you to come to MEDI?   1 Answer

Definitely a company that is aggressively trying to compete in the biologics space, especially immuno-oncology. A large and expanding portfolio of candidate reagents, but many seem derivative of targets being pursued by other players in the field. Perhaps I didn't see far enough behind the curtain to know what they really have up their sleeve, but unlikely any surprises at or near entering the clinic given the current "press release to attract investors" culture rampant in biotech right now. There seemed to be a tremendous amount of staff turn over which was a red flag to me given how generous their compensation packages are relative to competitors. Off line, some did not speak well of the culture at MEDI and its working relations with AZ, but new management may create a better environment. Flat organization structure also seemed unpopular by many in management level positions. Overall, worth looking into and exploring, especially in the coming months/years to see how things evolve.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Met with the group and internal collaborators. They are very clear on what the are looking for. Some asked the standard interview questions while others just asked what they were interested in.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Medimmune advertise the same jobs and re-list them every 3 month. HR Reps called me multiple times asking simple questions checking if the candidate is total idiot or not. They promise forward resume and feedback to hiring manager, but within 2-4 week the position is re-listed under different number

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

Prepare to answer in "STAR" format when explaining your prior experience:
    Situation: What was a Situation that once happened to you?
    Task: What task did you have to do?
    Action: What action did you take?
    Result: What was the result?

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

The process was conducted by Korn Ferry. The required an online test, more of a personality assessment. I then interviewed with my direct supervisor and others in the department with whom I would be interacting. Since the position would be serving other departments as well, I interviewed with those departments.

Interview Questions

• This was a director level position, so the questions were not technical. The most difficult question was how I would help the department in which I was working provide better service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more stock, but was able to negotiate a higher signing bonus.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I had interviews with 7 different people. Everyone was friendly and authentic. There was a combination of competency based questions and cultural fit. The talent scout that found me was very helpful and provided guidance the whole way through.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questioning - How do you live the AstraZeneca values?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Appalling management of interview process. First contacted for interview. Then silence from HR contact. Date agreed. Then silence again from HR. Failed to follow up to give final details of location and order of interviewers. HR contact totally confused when contacted and bluffed that the arrangements had been taken over by the departmentmental admin. Never heard from them again, even despite this interview also being through a recommendation!

Highly unprofessional. Have subsequently heard similar stories from others.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.