AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Gaithersburg, MD | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 18 Jul 2018

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a shedule for one interview with the HR manager. As we were having the interview, she offered me to meet one of the team leaders of one of the marketing groups. So and went through 6 interviews with the tam leader and several other members of the team which lasted approximately 6 hours in total. in one day.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)).

Interview

Two phone interview and one on-site interview.
    Organised and positive experience.
    A recruiter contacted for initial screening. Then a phone interview with the line manager. Finally, group interview with two other leads and director.

Publications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

A phone interviewer with an external recruiter, a 45-minute phone interview with a director, followed by a 1-hour panel interview with 2 directors, an associate director, and the other people who had the job. The interview was a general STAR format: give me a situation where...how did you solve this problem...what were the outcomes.

A good process; professional, prompt, very nice people.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of a time where you drove accountability?   Answer Question
    • What was a time where you worked collaboratively?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time when you had to convince or persuade something that outranked you to come to your way of thinking.   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to this position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call after a month. Had onsite interview and met with 2 VPs and 4 Directors. Lasted for about 6 hours. Needs preparation before the interview. Think about situational examples

Interview Questions

• Questions were STAR format based focusing on Company core values   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was good. They seemed to be a little unorganized at the front desk but it looked nice. I was then interviewed by 5 people, each for a half hour each. Stayed in one room. Didn't get a tour or anything.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how much experience I had with utilizing forecasts.   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

First I had a very robotic-like phone interview, maybe 5 questions reviewing my resume. Then I had a 1/2 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. I was selected for an in-person interview. At first I was told it would be a 45 minute interview, but then I was told that each of the four people who wanted to interview me wanted 45 minutes each! Luckily, after the first two 45 minute interviews, the third and fourth people teamed up. Then I didn't hear for about 3 weeks, and when I contacted the hiring manager, she was surprised I hadn't been notified by their HR team, but I didn't get the job. Then I got a canned response the next day from HR.

Life Sciences Solutions Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position through the corporate website, was called for initial interview and met with 2 hiring managers. After this interview within a week I was notified by email and asked to fill out an employment application. Quickly after that, I was asked in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is it that makes you a good fit for this position (on the web application submission form)   Answer Question

Program Manager - Global Commercial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

Email from AstraZeneca HR noting interest. Scheduled interview in Gaithersburg. Onboarding process is a long and arduous process that took 3 months: 1) Interview 2) Offer 3) Drug Screen 4) Orientation

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type of interview questions. Examples of 1) Integrity 2) Challenge authority 3) Not successful 4) Risk   Answer Question

Senior SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was about three hours by phone. The questions ranged from highly technical SAS questions to relatively common CDISC questions. I would suggest having the implementation guide open and be familiar with it.

Data Scientist, Real World Evidence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The first interview was with HR. Two weeks later the second interview was with the hiring manager. Another three weeks later, I was asked to come for 2 hour onsite interview. There were behavioral and technical questions. Behavioral questions were related to AZ's value/mission statement. Overall interview was fine but one of the interviewers kept interrupting me while I was answering the question which made my explanation difficult. My interview was scheduled at 12:00 noon - 02:00 pm. The person who was responsible to walk me to the interview room showed up 10 minutes late. Also, Typically other companies take candidates for lunch or offer something to eat or drink especially when the interview is scheduled during the lunchtime. Nothing was offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision in healthcare?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to push your colleagues for the impossible task   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you contributed to patient care (related to the value /principles of AZ)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.