AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Interviews at AstraZeneca

1. Featured Interview

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gothenburg (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gothenburg (Sweden)) in September 2018.

Interview

Very well- structured, though- through,implemented ways to reduce unconscious bias, and clear process. Timely response after phone, on-site interview. Though it sucked that the offer was down- graded.

Interview Questions

• Leadership competencies. How did you try to influence and work against adversaries.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

The interview was challenging but very straightforward and relevant to the position. Prepare should be done beforehand but scientific knowledge is not needed to do well. The recruiter also replied in a timely manner. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Describe a setback you have faced and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Medical Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Interview consisted of a series of panel interviews as well as a presentation on a particular topic.
    Background check was long and complicated, with a lot of required previous employment checks and verifications
    Negotiations were straight forward once offer was made

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I waited for 2 weeks to get a response from the company after applied online.
    Interview for 30-40 minutes on the phone. Not rushed and said clearly. Finished well. Waiting for the next rounds.

Interview Questions

• 1,How about yourself, research experience.

2, About the detailed project you finished.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

HR interview, followed by phone interview and then onsite. HR interview was straight forward with typical behavior question. The phone interview was more technical focused. The onsite interview was a combination of both.

Interview Questions

• Describe an occasion when you have conflicts with your supervisor   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1 phone screen with hiring manager. It was followed by F2F interviews on one day. 1 technical panel, 1 values based interview panel and a presentation on topic provided by the interview team. Values based interview follows the STAR pattern for each of the company values. It took about 7 weeks for them to get back with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you pushed the boundaries to get something done.   Answer Question

Product Design Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2020.

Interview

half hour phone screen with hiring manager.
    Manager said "you're moving on to the next stage." and they've ghosted me since then.
    no response from recruiter and hiring manager to 4 emails.

Interview Questions

• "describe prior experience with product design and discovery "   Answer Question

Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

phone interview as a first step with HR, then face to face
    overall pleasant and fair process. Not biased as far as I can tell. Quick follow up with the next steps.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you
      what questions do you have for us   Answer Question

Interview

Phone screen and than a face to face. Really liked the two people I interviewed with and one of the best interviews I've ever had. Three weeks later and nothing. Pretty sure my age held me back.

Interview Questions

• Overcoming an ethical dilemma   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by an AZ recruiter on LinkedIn. Had a phone screen with the recruiter, hiring manager, and then brought onsite. Interviews were fine and received a verbal offer the next day. It was the offer process that was horrible because they did bait and switching of the role and then ultimately rescinded the offer to “go with an internal candidate who can start right away” despite start date never being discussed with me. First, I had explained from the start with the recruiter I couldn’t immediately relocate to Delaware and they said I could commute indefinitely. 1 week after I received the offer, they came back and said I needed to move right away. I said I needed to consult my husband. A couple days later, I was about to accept after looking into costs of getting an additional apartment in Delaware, but then they rescinded the offer saying they found an internal candidate who could start right away. Note that start date was never discussed so I’m sure this was BS. Thank god I didn’t quit my current job, the bait and switching put a bad taste in my mouth.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2020.

Interview

GHOSTED: I interviewed and then face to face. They assured me that I would hear back the following week and .. nothing. It's been 3 weeks. No rejection, no response to my follow up emails, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to go against the established norms.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.