AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find your next job here

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 17 Feb 2018

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Behavioral questions were asked. It was a very corporate and routine interview but straight forward. They pretty much stuck to a script. I actually found it interesting and easy.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and they used the STAR method. Manger and on-time, interview lasted about 1 hour and the process went smoothly. Most of the questions were standard and used in other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AstraZeneca?   1 Answer

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was good. They seemed to be a little unorganized at the front desk but it looked nice. I was then interviewed by 5 people, each for a half hour each. Stayed in one room. Didn't get a tour or anything.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how much experience I had with utilizing forecasts.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

phone interview scheduled online. very easy to schedule multiple times available. Applied online and was contacted via email to schedule and confirm interview interviewer was professional and was effective with the interview process

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you led a presentation and what was the result

speak slowly so that responses can be written. overall an effective interview method   Answer Question

Clinical Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

First, I spoke with a recruiter via phone to go over some basic information and questions. I then spoke with a hiring manager for a formal phone interview based on AZ's values and responses were given in the STAR format. AZ provided great resources to prepare for the interview. I was offered an in-person interview at their HQ in Wilmington, DE. I flew there and completed an in-person interview almost verbatim to the phone interview. They seemed interested and told me I would hear in 1-2 weeks either way. After 4 weeks without hearing anything (with a week off due to the holidays) I contacted the recruiter and hiring manager and asked if they had made a decision. I did not get a response to my email and never heard from AZ. This was extremely disappointing and rude, in my opinion. I couldn't get a simple email reply after flying across the country for an interview. Very disappointing and poor process.

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long process, taking more than a month from HR to hiring manager to medical and country directors.
    Interviews were focusing mainly on personality, scientific background and presentation/communication skills.
    Having a MD or PharmD degree is a must.

Interview Questions

• What added value will you be able to bring to Astrazeneca?   Answer Question
    • Case study to validate scientific expertise and presentation skills   Answer Question

Clinical Trial Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Warsaw (Poland)) in July 2017.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview to know about my education and past experiences, a month later I got a call from company directly for written test later on invited for face to face interview with hub managers.

Interview Questions

• What is ADR, SAE, mechanism of action of few drugs, adverse event reporting and about previous experience   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in September 2014.

Interview

There was a 3 part interview, which escalated to upper management. Comprehensive question and answer session and scenario based questioning. Final aspect was presentation made to demonstrate propose changes and implementation strategy.

Interview Questions

• How would you address the current industry challenges?   1 Answer

CV Specialty Sales Interview

Interview

I was interviewing for an internal position which would have been a promotion. Prior to interviewing with 2 managers I was given an hour long assignment to read and decipher a territory analysis and develop a business plan to share with the managers.

Interview Questions

• There were several "give me time when" questions. I.e. When you were challenged with a compliance or ethical situation and how did you handle and resolve it?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England).

Interview

Assessment Centre - Full Day.
    1) Panel gave presentation with overview of the company and of the interview process.
    2) Talking to current graduates.
    3) Presentation + questions.
    4) Group activity.
    5) Lunch with interview panel.
    6) Traditional interview based on my skills and past experience and related questions around AZ core values.
    7) Technical exercise.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you acted reflecting one of our core values. Describe the situation, what you did, process followed to decide to take that action, outcome, and what you learned from this experience.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.