AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Oct 2017

3.1

Middle-Senior Management Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Had four rounds of interview with both local and Global interviewers (I was interviewed for a Chennai position). While the interview was professionally handled the schedules and co-ordination was not upto the mark of an MNC. Rest all ok.

Global Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The actual interview itself was pretty standard for the industry and I'd say neither too demanding nor too easy. It consisted of an experience and situation based interview with two people, followed by a presentation to two different people. There were two other candidates also present but other than ab early introduction session, there was no overlap.

The rest of the process however was clumsy to say the least. My application was sent via an internal referral but for a period of 7-8 weeks, I didn't hear anything, not even an automated acknowledgement.

I then received an invitation to interview via email, but three days later I also received an invite to a phone screening, which it turns out was sent in error.

About three weeks after the interview, I received a generic email confirming that I wasn't successful. This email suggested I reach out to a contact for any further feedback, but it turns out the email for that contact was incorrect. Despite obtaining their correct email later and following up, I am yet to hear anything back.

Anyhow, in all its a good place to work (from my internal contact), so don't let the clumsy interview process put you off.

Medical Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied on careers website and got a call from HR the next day. She told that i would be contacted if selected for further rounds. Then there was no communication for the next 1 month. Suddenly one day, the same HR person called to ask if m still interested. A telephonic interview with the hiring manager was set up the next day. It was mostly about understanding my current profile and work experience. He invited me for a personal interview at Head office in the next week. The tickets and stay arrangements were promptly made. The personal interview round had one session for presentation on a particular real life scenario related to a therapy area. It was quite interactive and only they only test your communication skills and confidence. Next round was with Medical Affairs lead and it was purely for questions and expectations from the role. Final HR round is only for checking the relevant experience and fitment to the role. Overall there was a positive and conducive environment.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

Average overall. However if this is your first pharma job, be ready. This process is standard for the industry.
    Recruiter phone screen. Face to face with two District Sales Managers. Background Check. Personality Assessment. Drug Test. Offer Letter.

Analytical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in September 2017.

Interview

3 separate and distinct interviews;
    1 Values Interview (behavioural), approximately 1 hour 15 mins. Questions around the 5 core company values.
    1 Technical Interview, approximately 1 hour. Questions around the core analytical techniques required by the role.
    1 Presentation, approximately 15 mins presentation with 15 mins of questions followed by 15 minutes of background questions concerning the individual role.

Interview Questions

• Assign peaks in an 1H-NMR spectra to the protons in a small molecule pharmaceutical. This formed a large part of the technical interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good starting salary, no negotiation necessary. Open to flexibility on start date. HR checks take approximately 4 - 5 weeks.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Chennai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through college. The interview process took one day. Overall experience was average.
    First round was Online test. It was pretty tough. There were almost six sections in the test. First section was Quants. Second section was Verbal and communnication skills, Third was Basics of programming and dbms, Fourth was Advanced IT and programming mcq,Fifth section was flowchart analysis and final section was data interpretation.
    Second round was technical interview. Major questions were from c++,data structures and Mysql. Few other questions from basic concepts like os,networks,dbms were also asked.
    Final round was HR interview. The HR was friendly. Some basic scenarios were given and how you would react to such scenarios. I was asked if i'd be able to travel for business purposes and if i'll be able to move.
    Oerall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Other basic questions like Why astrazeneca? , Tell me about yourself, etc.   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Chennai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Technical interview 2 rounds and 1 HR interview and finally they released offer after 1 month. Little delay in selection process. Nothing to add . More important given to technical interview only

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Chennai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at Astrazeneca in Feb 2016. It had 4 round(1 telephonic, 2 techical and 1 managerial round). Majr questions were based on SQL, PLSQL and Datawarehousing skills.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Applications made via the local Hays Office, and then an interview with the recruiting manager who also happened to be the recruitment manager.
    Engaging interview and I really liked the interviewer and her interview style.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Analytical Chemistry Placement. First we were meant to get a short presentation, but the person responsible for that seemed totally unprepared. Then tour about labs and lunch in canteen (we got vouchers for that). Everyone seemed rather uninterested in what they are doing. On interview itself nice atmosphere, two interviewers. First some general questions, than organic mechanisms (before any analytical part) and then spectra to analyse.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.