AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jul 2018

3.1

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I first applied online and was emailed a confirmation for a phone interview. This went well, fairly easy, simple questions about yourself, your past work experience, and behavioral questions. Remember to answer in STAR format. I was then asked to fill out a questionaire of about 200 questions. Done and Done. I was then appointed a face-to-face interview with the Hiring manager/DSM who brought along another DSM to the interview.
    **WORD OF ADVICE: It is extrememly important to DO YOUR RESEARCH! look up the hiring manager, find out a little about him/her so you have something to talk about regarding their accomplishments and experience. An interview should be a conversation.
    ***Research the company. Find out what their goals are. DO NOT assume that you will just be selling drugs to doctors and courting them with exceptional foods. The hiring manager does not want to hear this. You want to provide great medicine to HELP PEOPLE IN NEED. Care about the job, don't just do it for the perks or money. You can't fool others.
    **Smile, be charasmatic, polite, and professional. Always answer in STAR format, for they will indeed ask you 4 behavioral questions that pretty much make or break your interview. Last but not least, CLOSE THE INTERVIEW by expressing your gratitude for the interview and letting them know that YOU WANT THE JOB and that you solemly believe you qualify. Ask them if they see you as a potential candidate. It's a yes or a no question, so be prepared.
    GOOD LUCK and always be a step ahead.

Interview Questions

• 1. What ethical dilemma have you experienced at your workplace
      2. When have you had to convince your boss to make a decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a call after my interview and was offered a package I couldn't resist. I tried to negotiate the base salary for the heck of it, however I was told that my lack of experience was the reason for the base salary (which wasn't too shabby). So I happily accepted. I also had the luck of having a lovely manager to work with, so that's always helpful.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was given a phone interview that covered my background and a few behavioral/STAR questions followed that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give a presentation, who was the audience, etc.?
      Why do you want to work in this industry?
      What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (San Juan, PR (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Apply online. After two weeks received a call for an appointment for a phone interview. It was really a screening call, it was very easy. It consist of simple basic education, experience,salary expectationsand what you know about the company . The next step was to take an on line personality test. Its been a week now and I am waiting for them

Interview Questions

• At this first step in the process there no difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Western Location, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Western Location, MI (US)).

Interview

I received an email stating that I was chosen for a phone interview. It directed me to set up a phone interview which I did. There were many choices for dates and times. The phone interview was very basic, and I was not very impressed. She had to tell someone to be quiet (one of her kids maybe), and she was obviously reading from a script.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time that you have given a presentation?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Albany, NY (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

First portion is a 30 minute phone interview. If approved to go further then you have a face to face interview that will last for at least four hours. The next process is a ride a long day or two in the field with a current sales representative and if the decision is made to move forward the there is a 6 hour interview with the DSM and the RSD. The final is training. Once the whole process is done it takes about 6 - 8 weeks.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Monterey, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a recruiter, had a one on one interview with two hiring managers who each had an open position, 2 weeks later I had a ridealong and then a final interview in 1 month. Afterwards, I received a call and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Give a product presentation   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate because I was new to the industry.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

thought an interview went awesome but got no reply. You just never know.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

The inteview was with two District Managers. Basic questions such as why would you be a good rep? What do you believe the challenges will be for the position? Nothing overall to horrible. Questions were are from script and both managers asked pretty much the same question. So a duplicate answer did not matter. I've never worked in Pharma, since I came from Biotech sales. Both district managers looked beat up, other people interviewing looked beat up. There just was no love, passion or interest in the company or the position. Overall, the interview experience was negative. Hiring managers need to realize that candidates are also evaluating the company during the hiring process. I didn't get an offer but I would like to continue to seek employment outside of big pharma.

Interview Questions

• How long do you think and average sale call with the doctor will be?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever broken any rules or argued with a manager about a policy?   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Tulsa, OK (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

applied online and received an email to set up phone interview

Interview Questions

• 1)3 skills that sets you aside from other candidates.
      2) technology adaptation
      3) your experience of having successful presentation   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

Average overall. However if this is your first pharma job, be ready. This process is standard for the industry.
    Recruiter phone screen. Face to face with two District Sales Managers. Background Check. Personality Assessment. Drug Test. Offer Letter.