AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2017

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Asked to drive to another city for interviews. When I arrived I waited 30 - 40 minutes . No one came out to let me know they were running late. Finally someone came out to greet me. I was given little information on the interview or what to expect. It was mainly STAR questions. I was told by the hiring panel my background was too different and wouldn't understand pharma. Why did you invite me to interview if you believed that? I drove 2 -3 hours home. Sent over a thank you email. The one interviewer immediately replied wishing me best of luck in future endeavors. This sort of poor treatment of candidates reflects badly on their company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Behavioral interview style using the STAR format. Be prepared with projects you have worked on that could fit different behavioral questions. It will be a panel interview with 2-4 individuals asking you questions. Background on the position will be provided. Behavioral questions and format are not provided in advance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not perform at your best--what did you do and how did you correct the problem? Describe a time when you had an ethical dilemma. How did you handle the situation? etc.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Initially spoke with the department head and was invited to an onsite interview. Gave a presentation on my work in front of the whole group. Spoke with multiple people within the department as well as others outside of the department. Overall experience was positive and learned a lot from it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions related to the STAR format. The interview took a long time. asked about 30 questions. One hour interview. The interviewer seemed very professional. He did asked a lot of questions related to selling situations. They all seemed pretty relevant to day to day selling experience.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

First reviewed resume, every job. Then SMART format questions. Typical questions: tell me about situation as such...what did you do and the results. Interviewed with the regional sales manager and area business director.

Interview Questions

• Describe difficult customer situation, how did you deal with it and the result.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview using Skype business. Very informal and mainly behavioral questions were asked. I was interviewed directly by my current manager now and one other person. It was a very casual, laid-back interview and was quite conversational. Was pleasantly surprised at the relaxed mood of the interview. Overall great experience with the interview and the company. Know your resume and come prepared with an elevator pitch about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about yourself (essentially describe your resume in more detail).
      Q: Why did you decide to apply to AstraZeneca?
      Q: What is one accomplishment you're proud of?
      Q: How do you deal with conflict in a team setting?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)).

Interview

set interview template, situational questions, tell me about a time when....all seemed centered around companies core values: Follow the Science, Do the right thing, We put patients first, People & Culture, and we play to win.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application. Then was contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was roughly thirty minutes and was conducted by a third party. Very friendly, just talked through my resume and asked why I left those roles. Then asked a few questions about expected salary, let me know about travel requirement and if I was comfortable with the amount. Also talked about training schedule and asked about applicable disease state sales experience.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you gave a presentation? who was audience? what was result?
      -Why would you be a good candidate for this role?
      -Why do you want to leave current job?   Answer Question

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Phila, PA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very thorough process. Two part interview, drug testing, thorough background check, verification for diploma, degrees and certificates. Meet with the recruiter, the the representative from AstraZeneca. They were both nice but wasn't very informative with how things ran at the site. Two day orientation, at another location other then where you will be working.

Interview Questions

• Was my availability going to interfere with the job, because they needed consistency.   1 Answer

Facilities & Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Frederick, MD (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about a month. I had a total of two phone interviews. The first interview was a conference call with two managers. They asked about my academic and professional experiences. Then about 2 weeks later, I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview format followed the same process. In about a week after the second phone interview, I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class and how do you think it'll help you with this internship?   Answer Question