AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Dec 2017

3.1

Internal Study Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Organized and straight forward. They send a complete interview packet ahead of time detailing process. very structured formal interview start asking about your background, CV review and then ask situational questions using the ATOLA method.

Director, Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

applied online and got to speak directly to the hiring manager after one round with HR.

Then interviewed with a small panel in a tiny, uncomfortable conference room.

As with most corporate interviews these days it was focused on the company's core values and was very STAR-based (behavioral). But, the questions had been developed by an outside consultant and even the panel members themselves admitted they couldn't decipher what exactly the questions were asking. After stumbling through a very disorienting battery of questions, I was glad to get out of there. The team exhibited no enthusiasm for the company overall, and really looked very misplaced even sitting and talking together. It was a very odd and uncomfortable atmosphere overall.

Interview Questions

• I can't really recall any specific questions verbatim, but most were behavioral - based (although in a very convoluted way)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

The process took 3+ weeks. At the last phase, 3 hours before the in-person interview, the hiring manager cancelled the appointment. I'm at a loss for words. No explanation has been given although the previous phone interview has been passed with positive feedback.

CRM Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter in late October 2016. Setup phone screen quickly. Set up in person interview for early November and completed employee profile assessment before my on-site interview. Drove from central New Jersey to Delaware for the interview and met with two people in a group interview setting. Questions were normal experience based questions - "Tell us about an experience where you ___."

Never heard back from them or the recruiter until I reached out this year and asked if there was any feedback. Was told there wasn't any feedback and they hired someone else. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you experienced when launching a new program and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in November 2016.

Interview

I applied and went through some odd steps before being invited for a face to face. They require you to do a mock sales presentation which was ridiculous. The interviewers were jerks and one made a comment about my physical appearance, I won't say what. He seemed utterly bored with the entire process. Makes me wonder why I wasted my time. The company also seems to engage in age discrimination based on the interview experience of someone else I know. If you're a middle aged female you're out of luck.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Baltimore, MD (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an interviews with Medical manager and marketing head. They introduced themselves and asked me to tell them about my resume followed by several questions including ethical dilemma, previous success. I asked some question about advantages of the company. They explained more about their works and challenges.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with ethical dilemmas in your works?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Asked to drive to another city for interviews. When I arrived I waited 30 - 40 minutes . No one came out to let me know they were running late. Finally someone came out to greet me. I was given little information on the interview or what to expect. It was mainly STAR questions. I was told by the hiring panel my background was too different and wouldn't understand pharma. Why did you invite me to interview if you believed that? I drove 2 -3 hours home. Sent over a thank you email. The one interviewer immediately replied wishing me best of luck in future endeavors. This sort of poor treatment of candidates reflects badly on their company.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was good and easy. Friendly people and no tricky questions. I was asked to describe my previous roles. Doing some background research on the company was beneficial. Overall the company seems nice but I decided to pursue another aspect

Infection Bioscience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

The process started with phone interviews with both the hiring manager (who later became my supervisor) and colleagues in both the UK and SWE who performed similar functions at those sites. The interview consisted of several 30 minute 1:1 meetings with senior bioscience members and group meetings with laboratory staff. The senior bioscientists followed the STAR interview method. A one-hour long presentation with Q&A was part of the day. It made for a long interview process, but I felt that I learned as much about them as they did about me.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want this position, and what made me the best candidate.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Behavioral interview style using the STAR format. Be prepared with projects you have worked on that could fit different behavioral questions. It will be a panel interview with 2-4 individuals asking you questions. Background on the position will be provided. Behavioral questions and format are not provided in advance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not perform at your best--what did you do and how did you correct the problem? Describe a time when you had an ethical dilemma. How did you handle the situation? etc.   Answer Question