AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jul 2018

3.1

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

it was lengthy. took 4 months of phone and face to face interviews. the folks at the interview are willing to help you along the way understanding that you are nervouss

Interview Questions

• always using the star format and having a brag book to show accomplishments   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

They utilize the classic pharma interview implementing the 5 star method. I believe there is a book out there called acing the pharmaceutical interview. I personally did not read this book but have been told by colleagues that if you get that book and utilize it you will do great in an interview for almost any pharma company interview.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Jackson, MS (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I had and internal recommendation..my resume was emailed to the hiring managers and I also did the process on line. 2 hour interview with 2 managers, Was offered the position subject to background screening ect,

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Tell me about yourself...assume they have not read your resume...all the resume's run together when they are conducting interviews.. Be concise, brief and have confidence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

offered a salary, no room for negotiation.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Did a phone screening where they are just testing to see if you are personable. They will ask you STAR questions and will ask you to describe a time you did a presentation. Then did a personality questionnaire then proceeded to do a face to face interview with 2 DSM. After that I did a ride along with a sales rep then had a brief meeting with one of the DSM and just talked to her about how my day went. I was offered the position a couple days later. Make sure to do your research on the company!! I had no experience in the industry but because I was so prepared they were very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an ethical dilemma that you faced?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you set a goal and the steps you did to reach that goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was new to the industry so I accepted the salary they offered me and I was more then pleased with the offer. Was more then I was anticipating.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (McAllen, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed online. Had a phone interview that was from a third party. We just went over my resume. After that I did a 200 question behavior survey. I guess I passed it because then I had a face to face interview with the district and executive sales managers. Interview lasted about and hour and a half. We went over my resume ask follow up questions and then went into a behavior question format. Then had to do a persuasive communication exercise. They told me they would make a decision in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma were there was no right or wrong choice to make. What actions did you take and how did you arrive at that decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then had to do a personality questionnaire. I then had two face-to-face interviews with multiple managers. I was asked to give a 10 minute presentation in one of them and then to sell a competitive product in the other interview. Definitely do your homework in researching the company and its core values. This is the hardest interview process I have ever gone through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your ethics were called into question.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a team setting and someone wasn't very motivated.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application. Then was contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was roughly thirty minutes and was conducted by a third party. Very friendly, just talked through my resume and asked why I left those roles. Then asked a few questions about expected salary, let me know about travel requirement and if I was comfortable with the amount. Also talked about training schedule and asked about applicable disease state sales experience.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you gave a presentation? who was audience? what was result?
      -Why would you be a good candidate for this role?
      -Why do you want to leave current job?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

After I filled out the application I received an email two weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter called and we spoke for about 20 minutes. We went over my résumé, education, current and previous job responsibilities. She asked about my driving record and if I had any moving violations in the last 5 years. She wanted to know my current salary and what my salary expectations were. She went over the training process and what the next steps were and at the end gave me time to ask any other questions. After that I records an email to take two assessments. If I'm chosen to move forward they'll schedule a face to face interview with the manager and go from there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're the best person for this position?   Answer Question
    • STAR question: share a recent work experience where you had to give a presentation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Straight forward. Online application. Phone screen asking basics. Second was the personality profile. Finally, a face to face with two DMs. I'm told some people had two face to face interviews. After that a ride along and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of an ethical dilemma you have faced at work?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The first stages went relatively quick. The process proceeded just as every other review explains; phone interview, online assessment, etc. I was asked to schedule a face to face interview about a month or more after the phone interview. It was to take place in Utica, NY, but the assigned territory was Saratoga Springs, NY. They asked for candidates to prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation and to learn and utilize the STAR format. I was given a week to prepare. Unfortunately, the interview was postponed due to a snowstorm and I was assured that it would be rescheduled by a HR rep (I believe a third party). I contacted them the next week after I hadn't heard back. I was told it would be rescheduled after the new year. (it was mid December). The first week of the new year I was expecting an email to schedule an interview, but instead received a no-reply email saying the position had been filled. I contacted the the woman who had cancelled my interview and she informed me it was an internal candidate.

I fully understand when I don't hear back from a prospective employer after application or even an interview. I understand they wait until the end of the process to inform candidates. What I found immensely unprofessional is to be called for an interview and asked to prepare a topic for presentation and left wondering for a full month. Candidates should have been notified that the interviews would not be held. I have better things to do with my time than prepare for a non-existent interview. The entire process took almost three and a half months. I accepted another offer while waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation on a topic of your choice.   Answer Question