AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jul 2018

3.1

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Long Island City, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by hiring manager for a phone screening; He called back 3 days later for an interview; 1week contact for 2nd phase interview and ride along; job offer and salary negotiation; drug screening; offer packet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved matters.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary upwards by $5000. Negotiate you skills to the fullest benefit of the position.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

phone interview with third party recruiter, then sent link for assessment, application. then first face to face so far. 2 district sales managers at interview, make sure you bring your resume (multiple copies) sound like most of the procedure will continue through third party recruiter

Interview Questions

• rest assured they will probably ask you about ethical dilemma, other questions straight forward, new idea, problem, changed somebody's mind, difficult doctor. Do not expound on answer, just strictly star format, very little opportunity to sell yourself   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

The same day I applied I received a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I was immediately sent 2 personality tests. After the personality tests, I was sent an email with a Hiring Application. 2 days later (on a Friday) I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview on the following Monday. Interview consisted of STAR format questions and had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive discussion.

Waiting to hear back from hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Ethical dilemma, situation in which I had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Applied online. Received a request to set up phone interview a few days after applying. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was told I'd receive an email within a week or 2 to fill out an application and 2 personality tests if I was selected. 10 minutes later, i received both links. Face to face interview is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Nothing overly difficult in the phone interview. Just be honest regarding info in your resume and background.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Manchester, NH (US)) in February 2008.

Interview

The initial hiring interview was conducted by two DSMs. They were enthusiastic, straightforward and represented the company well. I was happy to get an offer and accepted it over two others. The overall hiring process was very positive. They did not misrepresent anything, stated facts about the territory, and most of the interview questions were thought provoking and fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time that you were disappointed with your efforts to resolve a conflict between coworkers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asking for a salary that was in a higher salary band than what they were able to offer. They said they would discuss their options with the RSM and let me know. That night I was offered my asking salary, contingent upon background check/drug screen etc. It took almost two weeks before I received the official offer letter, but it came and I accepted.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview: basic backgound informations: education, work history.

Interview Questions

• Give en example of a time you had to persuasive someone to do something?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Birmingham, AL (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruiter called for phone screen. Asked typical questions. Computer generated personality screen test required. Had excellent rep denied interview due to this personality test -- not sure what exactly the computer was looking for but they missed a highly qualified candidate by using a computer instead of real,humans to decide who can get a one on one interview. I had a One day interview with 2 managers. STAR questions. Hiring decision made within a week. Two managers interviewed candidate in same room, taking notes, sticking to,guideline questions they have been given by upper management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to confront an unethical situation,   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to overcome a customer giving you an obstacle   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Greensboro, NC (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Resume submittal, Phone screening, personality test, face to face (with 2 hiring managers) and job offer. I felt that if you can just make it to the face to face that it was pretty easy. IT was laid back. They like to use STAR examples "tell me of a time...." and you answer the situation with: S- Situation, T- Task, A- Activity or Action taken, R- Result. Be sure to have 5-7 examples ready to go just in case.

Interview Questions

• Honesty, " tell me of a time where you were asked to do something that you didn't agree with that was not right and how you dealt with it?"   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

First reviewed resume, every job. Then SMART format questions. Typical questions: tell me about situation as such...what did you do and the results. Interviewed with the regional sales manager and area business director.

Interview Questions

• Describe difficult customer situation, how did you deal with it and the result.   Answer Question