AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2017

3.1

Senior QA Manager/Associate Director - Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was professional. Everyone was courteous and very nice during the panel interview. The hiring manager was very nice.

I applied online on January 19th. A phone screen was held February 15th. A panel interview in Wilmington was conducted March 16th. Finally, on April 27th, I called the hiring manager directly, and said the position is uncertain and hung up. The next day, I saw my status change online which said the position was closed.

I am disappointed that I was not chosen for the position. Hopefully something in the future will pop up.

LIFT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2016.

Interview

Started in January, not too hard. First a phone screening (10 mins), then an in-person or skype interview with a multiperson pannel (30 mins) about 2 weeks later. Heard back in 2 weeks. Questions were average - make sure to look up company values/mission statement/etc and know about the pharma industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you brought people together inside and outside of the organisation to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Did a phone screening where they are just testing to see if you are personable. They will ask you STAR questions and will ask you to describe a time you did a presentation. Then did a personality questionnaire then proceeded to do a face to face interview with 2 DSM. After that I did a ride along with a sales rep then had a brief meeting with one of the DSM and just talked to her about how my day went. I was offered the position a couple days later. Make sure to do your research on the company!! I had no experience in the industry but because I was so prepared they were very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an ethical dilemma that you faced?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you set a goal and the steps you did to reach that goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was new to the industry so I accepted the salary they offered me and I was more then pleased with the offer. Was more then I was anticipating.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Started with a phone screening. Questions were STAR format. Personality questionnaire followed by face to face interview with 2 DSM. Also did a ride along with a sales rep then had a meeting with one of the DM.

Interview Questions

• Star Method - need to answer questions in form of an experience you had.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Chesterbrook, PA (US)).

Interview

I came in as a consultant and was able to convert to a permanent employee so I didn't have a real interview. I'll review my initial interview was to come in as a consultant. We basically went over my resume and there weren't any difficult questions. She had already made up her mind about me before she even met me. I had a medical background and she was seeking someone to interact with the doctors in her division, so I was an ideal person in that regard.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particular questions, just a review of my resume and background.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (McAllen, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed online. Had a phone interview that was from a third party. We just went over my resume. After that I did a 200 question behavior survey. I guess I passed it because then I had a face to face interview with the district and executive sales managers. Interview lasted about and hour and a half. We went over my resume ask follow up questions and then went into a behavior question format. Then had to do a persuasive communication exercise. They told me they would make a decision in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma were there was no right or wrong choice to make. What actions did you take and how did you arrive at that decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

1st phone interview after online CV selection process - to begin with, there were several connection issues in the US-EU call (in entering the teleconference number given). The interviewer - a senior VP of the therapeutic area in question - had quite a bad English and was difficult to interact with. He barely asked questions, just wanted me to describe my career and achievements, but throughout the call he seemed quite uninterested (I had the feeling the vacancy was already taken and he was just there "killing time").

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

One on one with Medical Affairs Director, followed by a group interview, presentation, and typical STAR fit interview.

The one on one involved very pointed questions with the ability to answer and elaborate. Both clinical and scientific questions, but mainly focusing on how my background will allow me to be successful in the role. Nearly no situational questions.

The group interview was all Personal Experience Interview questions (STAR).

The presentation was attended by the group, and they interrupted a lot - obviously, this was done to simulate the MSL/clinician interaction, and they challenged my assertions. They were clearly looking to see if I was comfortable under pressure and could handle interruptions. The topic of the presentation was not that important, rather they assessed my ability to connect with the audience and deliver a good presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why AstraZeneca?
      Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.
      Why will you be successful?
      Talk to us about a leadership position you had and what it entailed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I had a 15 minute phone interview and then an on-site interview that lasted less then 30 minutes. The phone interview was with two AZ employees and then the on-site interview was a panel interview with three people.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep organized with all of the extracurricular activities you do? How would you act if you were chosen to lead a team of people to work on an important project?   Answer Question

Publications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

A phone interviewer with an external recruiter, a 45-minute phone interview with a director, followed by a 1-hour panel interview with 2 directors, an associate director, and the other people who had the job. The interview was a general STAR format: give me a situation where...how did you solve this problem...what were the outcomes.

A good process; professional, prompt, very nice people.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of a time where you drove accountability?   Answer Question
    • What was a time where you worked collaboratively?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time when you had to convince or persuade something that outranked you to come to your way of thinking.   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to this position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question