AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 3 Dec 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Started with a phone screening. Questions were STAR format. Personality questionnaire followed by face to face interview with 2 DSM. Also did a ride along with a sales rep then had a meeting with one of the DM.

Interview Questions

• Star Method - need to answer questions in form of an experience you had.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Chesterbrook, PA (US)).

Interview

I came in as a consultant and was able to convert to a permanent employee so I didn't have a real interview. I'll review my initial interview was to come in as a consultant. We basically went over my resume and there weren't any difficult questions. She had already made up her mind about me before she even met me. I had a medical background and she was seeking someone to interact with the doctors in her division, so I was an ideal person in that regard.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particular questions, just a review of my resume and background.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (McAllen, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed online. Had a phone interview that was from a third party. We just went over my resume. After that I did a 200 question behavior survey. I guess I passed it because then I had a face to face interview with the district and executive sales managers. Interview lasted about and hour and a half. We went over my resume ask follow up questions and then went into a behavior question format. Then had to do a persuasive communication exercise. They told me they would make a decision in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma were there was no right or wrong choice to make. What actions did you take and how did you arrive at that decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

1st phone interview after online CV selection process - to begin with, there were several connection issues in the US-EU call (in entering the teleconference number given). The interviewer - a senior VP of the therapeutic area in question - had quite a bad English and was difficult to interact with. He barely asked questions, just wanted me to describe my career and achievements, but throughout the call he seemed quite uninterested (I had the feeling the vacancy was already taken and he was just there "killing time").

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

One on one with Medical Affairs Director, followed by a group interview, presentation, and typical STAR fit interview.

The one on one involved very pointed questions with the ability to answer and elaborate. Both clinical and scientific questions, but mainly focusing on how my background will allow me to be successful in the role. Nearly no situational questions.

The group interview was all Personal Experience Interview questions (STAR).

The presentation was attended by the group, and they interrupted a lot - obviously, this was done to simulate the MSL/clinician interaction, and they challenged my assertions. They were clearly looking to see if I was comfortable under pressure and could handle interruptions. The topic of the presentation was not that important, rather they assessed my ability to connect with the audience and deliver a good presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why AstraZeneca?
      Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.
      Why will you be successful?
      Talk to us about a leadership position you had and what it entailed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I had a 15 minute phone interview and then an on-site interview that lasted less then 30 minutes. The phone interview was with two AZ employees and then the on-site interview was a panel interview with three people.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep organized with all of the extracurricular activities you do? How would you act if you were chosen to lead a team of people to work on an important project?   Answer Question

Publications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

A phone interviewer with an external recruiter, a 45-minute phone interview with a director, followed by a 1-hour panel interview with 2 directors, an associate director, and the other people who had the job. The interview was a general STAR format: give me a situation where...how did you solve this problem...what were the outcomes.

A good process; professional, prompt, very nice people.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of a time where you drove accountability?   Answer Question
    • What was a time where you worked collaboratively?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time when you had to convince or persuade something that outranked you to come to your way of thinking.   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to this position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in September 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly straight forward and formulaic. They have a process and rating system and they stick to it. After an initial phone screen, I was brought in and met with four directors, who asked a series of situational questions to really get at how I would respond, and had responded managing complicated projects, people, and situations. Only one round of interviews before an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to go against leadership's recommendations or guidance.   Answer Question

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toa Baja, PR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Toa Baja, PR (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

30 minutes dedicated to know all about your proffesional background.
    A good way to start a screening process.
    Open Questions Model to make the candidate to talk about himself.
    They gave me an overall picture on what to expect and even gave me the opportunity to ask for more details about the position

Interview Questions

• If selected, what I was going to contribute most?   1 Answer

Marketing Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a shedule for one interview with the HR manager. As we were having the interview, she offered me to meet one of the team leaders of one of the marketing groups. So and went through 6 interviews with the tam leader and several other members of the team which lasted approximately 6 hours in total. in one day.