AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 14 Sep 2018

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

interview consists of a phone interview, 200+ questionnaire, interview with the DSM and RSM, a ride a long, and an exit interview. the entire process takes a little bit over a month.

Interview Questions

• name a time that you had a to give a presentation and answer in STAR format   Answer Question
    • Name an ethical dilemma that you ran into and how did you approach it? answer in STAR format   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Monroe, LA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume online late afternoon then received an email to schedule a 30 minute phone interview by lunch time the next day. The phone interview was done by a third party company and basically verified my resume so be sure to have a copy at hand. They don't ask too many probing questions during the phone screening so the first step is relatively easy. Moving on to the next step in a couple days, it takes quite a while to get your career going with this company.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

Phone screenings went well. In person interview was not desirable. Besides waiting over 2 hours for my interview, the interview panel was obviously hiring the candidate interviewing before me. That candidate had a 3 hour chat, laugh, cheering, and high five session. I wasted a whole day on this interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with AZ? Frankly, I didn't . It was difficult because I wanted to say no thanks!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I have done the phone interview and the first face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Described a time where in a difficult circumstances you had to build a rapport with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you set a goal for yourself and what did you do to accomplish?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Had a phone interview and face to face. Waiting to hear back. So far the process has taken about 2 months

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult task you had to overcome and what steps did you take to rectify it?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

The first notification was an e-mail to set up an interview with a recruiter. Then it was followed by 2 personality tests. After completing the 2 personality tests I received another e-mail to complete additional information application and agree to a background check and it would be forwarded to a hiring manager. That was a month ago and I have not heard anything back.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interivew asking you to review your resume, ask about a time where you have to do a presentation. Then they email you a questionnaire. I did that about two weeks ago. still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied early February, and got an invite for a phone interview two weeks later. After my phone interview I was sent a link to complete two online personality tests, and still waiting to hear back from them...

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Hattiesburg, MS (US)) in October 2008.

Interview

I was first told a contact person in which to call and set an appointment for a phone interview in which 10 people are selected from a high number of original candidates. I was then called to set up a face to face interview at which point I was given a choice of two time slots to choose from which were both on the same day. This was tough considering my current responsibilities with my then current job. I did not get the job due to my lack of preperation which was partly my fault and partly the fault of the sudden nature of the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your strongest weakness?   1 Answer
    • What is your idea of a typical day on the job as a pharm rep?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Pharmaceutical sales is one of the toughest industries to break into, and unfortunately it seems that the best way to do so is through networking. I applied for the Los Angeles Region pharmaceutical sales representative position and was offered a phone interview within about 2 weeks after applying on their corporate site. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, which was conducted by an outside company and was very general (education, GPA, desired salary...etc) with perhaps only one or two questions as to why you want to work for AZ. It seems that they use phone interviews to screen for candidates, and only invite those that already have significant industry experience for a 1-1 interview. Therefore, if you are a recent college graduate looking to get into pharm sales, I suggest starting with smaller companies and moving up towards large ones such as AZ.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment where you convinced someone to agree with your point of view, who initially had a different perspective. (something in that context)   Answer Question