AstraZeneca Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 14 Jun 2018

3.1

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was good and easy. Friendly people and no tricky questions. I was asked to describe my previous roles. Doing some background research on the company was beneficial. Overall the company seems nice but I decided to pursue another aspect

Infection Bioscience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

The process started with phone interviews with both the hiring manager (who later became my supervisor) and colleagues in both the UK and SWE who performed similar functions at those sites. The interview consisted of several 30 minute 1:1 meetings with senior bioscience members and group meetings with laboratory staff. The senior bioscientists followed the STAR interview method. A one-hour long presentation with Q&A was part of the day. It made for a long interview process, but I felt that I learned as much about them as they did about me.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want this position, and what made me the best candidate.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Behavioral interview style using the STAR format. Be prepared with projects you have worked on that could fit different behavioral questions. It will be a panel interview with 2-4 individuals asking you questions. Background on the position will be provided. Behavioral questions and format are not provided in advance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not perform at your best--what did you do and how did you correct the problem? Describe a time when you had an ethical dilemma. How did you handle the situation? etc.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Initially spoke with the department head and was invited to an onsite interview. Gave a presentation on my work in front of the whole group. Spoke with multiple people within the department as well as others outside of the department. Overall experience was positive and learned a lot from it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions related to the STAR format. The interview took a long time. asked about 30 questions. One hour interview. The interviewer seemed very professional. He did asked a lot of questions related to selling situations. They all seemed pretty relevant to day to day selling experience.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

First reviewed resume, every job. Then SMART format questions. Typical questions: tell me about situation as such...what did you do and the results. Interviewed with the regional sales manager and area business director.

Interview Questions

• Describe difficult customer situation, how did you deal with it and the result.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview using Skype business. Very informal and mainly behavioral questions were asked. I was interviewed directly by my current manager now and one other person. It was a very casual, laid-back interview and was quite conversational. Was pleasantly surprised at the relaxed mood of the interview. Overall great experience with the interview and the company. Know your resume and come prepared with an elevator pitch about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about yourself (essentially describe your resume in more detail).
      Q: Why did you decide to apply to AstraZeneca?
      Q: What is one accomplishment you're proud of?
      Q: How do you deal with conflict in a team setting?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)).

Interview

set interview template, situational questions, tell me about a time when....all seemed centered around companies core values: Follow the Science, Do the right thing, We put patients first, People & Culture, and we play to win.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application. Then was contacted by recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was roughly thirty minutes and was conducted by a third party. Very friendly, just talked through my resume and asked why I left those roles. Then asked a few questions about expected salary, let me know about travel requirement and if I was comfortable with the amount. Also talked about training schedule and asked about applicable disease state sales experience.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you gave a presentation? who was audience? what was result?
      -Why would you be a good candidate for this role?
      -Why do you want to leave current job?   Answer Question

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Phila, PA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very thorough process. Two part interview, drug testing, thorough background check, verification for diploma, degrees and certificates. Meet with the recruiter, the the representative from AstraZeneca. They were both nice but wasn't very informative with how things ran at the site. Two day orientation, at another location other then where you will be working.

Interview Questions

• Was my availability going to interfere with the job, because they needed consistency.   1 Answer