AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Macclesfield, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in November 2013.

Interview

1 interview + CV screening. There was a 1 hour lunch, a lab tour and then the 1 on 1 interview. Simple process, mostly just scientific questions but also a small amount of competency based questions. They said they were mainly looking for someone who would 1) be enjoyable to be around and 2) was ready to learn.

Analytical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in September 2017.

Interview

3 separate and distinct interviews;
    1 Values Interview (behavioural), approximately 1 hour 15 mins. Questions around the 5 core company values.
    1 Technical Interview, approximately 1 hour. Questions around the core analytical techniques required by the role.
    1 Presentation, approximately 15 mins presentation with 15 mins of questions followed by 15 minutes of background questions concerning the individual role.

Interview Questions

• Assign peaks in an 1H-NMR spectra to the protons in a small molecule pharmaceutical. This formed a large part of the technical interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good starting salary, no negotiation necessary. Open to flexibility on start date. HR checks take approximately 4 - 5 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Sent my CV through my University, attended a assessment centre. Group assessment involved making a marshmallow tower with spaghetti. Still waiting for travel expenses to be reimbursed many months later.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in April 2011.

Interview

2 interviews. 1 technical and 1 competency based. The people are very helpful and professional all around. Each interview was for one hour. Scientists know their stuff and hence you need to prepare properly for technical interview. With regard to competency you need to give answers in STAR format.
    Then there was a lab tour and meeting with some colleagues. Overall the entire process was very friendly and clear. I heard back in a week time mainly because I applied through a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions mainly around my CV. Also competency questions: what do you know about AZ, how do you work in a team and in different cultures, time management, why you?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in June 2013.

Interview

Main questions based on situational experience i.e. 'STAR' type questions. Followed by technical questions based on role requirements.
    HR went through CV and asked for further details. Finished with general HR type questions such as what are your strengths, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. What sort of numeration would i be looking for?

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? How do you deal with conflict? What's more important: quality or quantity? How well can you multi-task? Have you managed any projects or mentored / trained people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable. They had a flexible upper limit dependent on experience.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in January 2009.

Interview

very good environment, first they talked about the culture of the company, then asked some technical questions, not too many. Generally easy process.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in October 2013.

Interview

S1: Application form (general behavioural-type questions + general questions from the field)
    S2: Assessment Centre (two interviews, group exercises, behavioural and technical questions).
    Tour of the site, lunch and meeting with the current students.
    Received an offer.
    S3: Familiarisation day (got to know my project and supervisor)
    Background checks from the recruitment company.

IMED Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England).

Interview

Very friendly environment and questions weren't too difficult due to STAR format. However technical interview was difficult, see below. Also there was a group task which involved making a paper model and there was very limited time to do this and required good judgment so as not to be overbearing and pushy on others. Get the technical interview right and you'll sail straight through.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview, lots of graphs and interpreting of information about enzymes. Cant revise for this, you need to know in depth knowledge of enzyme kinetics   1 Answer

Industrial Placement - Organic Synthesis Interview

Application

Interview

The assessment centre ran from roughly 10am - 4pm (around 30 people present). Initially we had a presentation from management explaining the day and giving some detail on the job. Then there were group tasks (building a tower out of spaghetti and marshmallows) and individual technical interviews. After lunch they arranged tours of the site with current placement students.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an organic reaction which you have carried out at University? (Follow up questions on selectivity, kinetics etc).   Answer Question

Analytical Sandwich Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in November 2014.

Interview

1 hour long group exercise, discussing a topic which varies! 1 hour long technical interview, including organic and analytical chemistry. Rest of the day spent on a tour of the site and lunch.

Interview Questions

• what techniques would you use to identify an unknown sample?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.