AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Manchester, England) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the process was very long (>5 months). In April, I responded to one of the online advertisement on AZ's career site. The phone screen was conducted around 3 weeks after the job deadline with two hiring managers. After long silence, I was invited to apply for another job that was more related to my background and was invited directly for an on-site interview 3 weeks after the deadline in June. I confirmed and attended the on-site interview in the UK in July and was told that the decision will be made when all the candidates have been interviewed. The interview was very well organized, started with a presentation of my work and followed by meeting various groups of scientists. The memorable experiences were also the technical interview with two senior members and the behavioral interview with the hiring managers. Technical questions are closely related to the role and there has been a lot of insightful discussions regarding how the projects should be designed and conducted. My personal feeling was that there are no 'correct' answers, as long as you could justify your answers with plausible reasoning. The offer was made in September and I accepted it after negotiation and confirming the relocation support.

Interview Questions

• What would you focus on when designing a therapy, the mechanisms or the therapeutic effects?
      Tell me one recent paper that you found interesting.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.