AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.1

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (San Antonio, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

2 interviews. 1st was a phone interview discussing resume, then a behavioral based test via the Internet, then I was suggested to apply for the position, then my resume went to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• In 2013 when you gave a presentation, tell me who was the audience, what was the presentation about, and what was the result of that presentation?   Answer Question
  • This is a situational based question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2011.

Interview

Walk thru who you are and why AZ. The questions format is tell a situations, how you handled, and what were the results. Tell me a time when...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you saw someone breaking a co policy.   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to schedule a telephone interview about a week later. The telephone interview lasted 17 minutes to be exact and was nothing more than a brief overview of my background and accomplishments. I was told to look for a 200 question personality assessment in the next day or so and if you pass the assessment you will be emailed a more detailed application to fill out. I made it through the entire process and wasn't even given an opportunity to interview with them face to face which was disappointing but this is how companies operate these days.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to do a presentation.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview

Referred by an educator who had worked with the company on a product launch. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and we did a phone interview a few days later. It was a résumé overview and a couple of behavioral based questions. I was then scheduled for a face to face with the hiring manager, who was exceptionally warm yet very professional. She was interviewing more candidates this week (my interview was last week) and said she would let me know about the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I received an email with instruction on how to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my resume and a few behavior STAR questions. After the interview I was sent the personality tests followed by an official online application.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 people. Starting with the lowest in rank and ending with the highest, a senior VP. Questions were fairly straightforward, no tricks or anything. Everyone was very kind and courteous.

Interview Questions

• "Case style" question asking what I would do in a certain situation when a doctor was being particularly difficult   Answer Question

To accept a position at a different company

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Hartford, CT (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Received an email to set up a time for a phone screening interview. The screening was different and didn't go that well. It was mostly about my background with a few situational questions aswell. When the interview person asked if I had questions I started to go down my list of questions, but she didn't answer ANY! She either said thats a question for the regional sales director who I'll speak to later on in the interview process or said legally she can discuss that at this time (regarding newest drugs, future of AZ, new trends etc). She was basically of no help and sounded like a robot the complete time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave a presentation. Screening interview just happened today so Im waiting to hear back.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I first applied online and was emailed a confirmation for a phone interview. This went well, fairly easy, simple questions about yourself, your past work experience, and behavioral questions. Remember to answer in STAR format. I was then asked to fill out a questionaire of about 200 questions. Done and Done. I was then appointed a face-to-face interview with the Hiring manager/DSM who brought along another DSM to the interview.
    **WORD OF ADVICE: It is extrememly important to DO YOUR RESEARCH! look up the hiring manager, find out a little about him/her so you have something to talk about regarding their accomplishments and experience. An interview should be a conversation.
    ***Research the company. Find out what their goals are. DO NOT assume that you will just be selling drugs to doctors and courting them with exceptional foods. The hiring manager does not want to hear this. You want to provide great medicine to HELP PEOPLE IN NEED. Care about the job, don't just do it for the perks or money. You can't fool others.
    **Smile, be charasmatic, polite, and professional. Always answer in STAR format, for they will indeed ask you 4 behavioral questions that pretty much make or break your interview. Last but not least, CLOSE THE INTERVIEW by expressing your gratitude for the interview and letting them know that YOU WANT THE JOB and that you solemly believe you qualify. Ask them if they see you as a potential candidate. It's a yes or a no question, so be prepared.
    GOOD LUCK and always be a step ahead.

Interview Questions

• 1. What ethical dilemma have you experienced at your workplace
      2. When have you had to convince your boss to make a decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a call after my interview and was offered a package I couldn't resist. I tried to negotiate the base salary for the heck of it, however I was told that my lack of experience was the reason for the base salary (which wasn't too shabby). So I happily accepted. I also had the luck of having a lovely manager to work with, so that's always helpful.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was given a phone interview that covered my background and a few behavioral/STAR questions followed that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give a presentation, who was the audience, etc.?
      Why do you want to work in this industry?
      What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (San Juan, PR (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Apply online. After two weeks received a call for an appointment for a phone interview. It was really a screening call, it was very easy. It consist of simple basic education, experience,salary expectationsand what you know about the company . The next step was to take an on line personality test. Its been a week now and I am waiting for them

Interview Questions

• At this first step in the process there no difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.