AstraZeneca Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at AstraZeneca

3.4

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

Brief phone interview with hiring manager followed by a half-day onsite interview where I met with around 10 different employees ranging from hiring managers to Scientists and had lunch. I was asked to give a detailed description of my current thesis work and a variety of typical interview questions, everyone was extremely friendly which made the process less nerve-racking. Would definitely recommend interview prep before hand as it is a long day.

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was initial phone screen with HR person. It was very fast and HR person mainly asked about education, previous experience, salary expectation and HR question. Overall it was easy.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had an HR interview within 1 month. Then, I had an interview with hiring manager. It was a really technical interview (30 minutes). After 2 weeks, I was invited for onsite interview. It was full day interview (each 30 minute). I met with the whole team and upper management people. Finally, I presented my research as well. I had a lab tour as well. It took them almost 2 month to decide the final decision.

Scientist Interview

Interview

Initial interview was a phone-based interview. I explained my current role at the time and how it would fit into the posted job's roles and responsibilities. Call helped me to understand potential hiring manager's style and thoughts.

In-person Interview, onsite, was with a range of staff, at all levels of career development. They asked some questions about my experiences and these were also behavior-based. I was invited to dinner on the night before my interview. On-site interview also involved a scientific (powerpoint) presentation.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview

I applied to the Scientist- DMPK position on the AstraZeneca Careers website. I was contacted by the hiring manager via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the questions were mostly geared toward my experiences as well as a discussion of the position. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I was contacted again about a week later to set up the interview. The interview was about 6 hours long and consisted of lunch and a presentation given by me on my research (non-proprietary information only) - I was asked to prepare a brief 10-15 presentation during my phone interview. I had been interviewing for two other positions and informed the hiring manager of the situation. I ended up receiving offers from the other two positions and informed the hiring manager immediately. I received an offer for the position at AstraZeneca the Tuesday following my interview (which was a Wednesday).

Interview Questions

• Paraphrased- Was there ever a situation where you encountered a colleague that was doing something that potentially impacted the outcome of results. How did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Initial contact was through HR screening personnel. They were very cordial and professional. Next step included a phone interview with the hiring manager. Excellent questions were exchanged on both technical and non-technical topics. Contacted a few days later to set up an on site interview. Interview was very good, interviewers were prepared with questions. Discussions were honest and informational.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied online, I was contacted for a phone interview a few days after. The questions were mainly pertaining as to how my skills fitted the job description. All questions were fairly straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Alderley Park, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Alderley Park, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Application through recruitment agency. Just a simple CV sent. Had a telephone interview with the agency. Then an interview with experience based questions. Overall the process had taken around a month, you would get more money applying directly as it turns out.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malmö, Skåne (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Malmö, Skåne (Sweden)) in May 2018.

Interview

Good experience. The environment was very light and they were exactly not pushing for answers. The interviewer was very professional and let me take my time to settle down.

Interview Questions

• What do you mean by research integrity   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gothenburg (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gothenburg (Sweden)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview consists of three stages.
    The first interview was held by phone and the questions were related to the sciences for the position I am applying. The interview was about 45 min.
    The second interview was about the science but they asked more specific and more details. It took1 hour and 30 min. During the interview, some questions about the possibility to relocate were asked.
    The third interview was about the AZ value and some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• All about sciences were asked   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.