AstraZeneca Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AstraZeneca Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at AstraZeneca

3.2

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)).

Interview

It was long and had to do a presentation. Asked about my skill set and met with a lot of people. Met with the director and people that I would be managing. The place is huge

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

Brief phone interview with hiring manager followed by a half-day onsite interview where I met with around 10 different employees ranging from hiring managers to Scientists and had lunch. I was asked to give a detailed description of my current thesis work and a variety of typical interview questions, everyone was extremely friendly which made the process less nerve-racking. Would definitely recommend interview prep before hand as it is a long day.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was surprisingly pleasent. Most of the interview questions pertained to my research background or were typical behavioral questions. There wasn't any hardcore grilling on technical questions, but I suspect this varies depending upon who is interviewing you.

No formal presentation was required which I thought was a bit unusual.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was initial phone screen with HR person. It was very fast and HR person mainly asked about education, previous experience, salary expectation and HR question. Overall it was easy.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had an HR interview within 1 month. Then, I had an interview with hiring manager. It was a really technical interview (30 minutes). After 2 weeks, I was invited for onsite interview. It was full day interview (each 30 minute). I met with the whole team and upper management people. Finally, I presented my research as well. I had a lab tour as well. It took them almost 2 month to decide the final decision.

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Applied online. Went through all steps (first two phone calls and then full day onsite interview that lasted 9 hours. Suggestion: Dont waste your time attending interview at this place. Looks like they prefer candidates they already know or the candidates from next door i.e. NIH/NCI. So, if you dont fit to any of this criteria, dont even bother to attend interview. Besides they take 4-5 months to finalize everything.

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Phone interview/pre-screening. The HR person seemed nice on the phone, but was only verifying my background and education stated on my resume. However, the majority of the questions were behavioral questions and nothing related to skills which was disappointing. I don't think an HR person is really qualified to discard job applications if they don't really understand what skills are really needed in the position. I would have preferred the phone screen/ interview with someone that knew more about the position, the specific requirements/skills and what having those skills really meant.

Interview Questions

• How do you define integrity? How do you manage ambiguity?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Interview

Initial interview was a phone-based interview. I explained my current role at the time and how it would fit into the posted job's roles and responsibilities. Call helped me to understand potential hiring manager's style and thoughts.

In-person Interview, onsite, was with a range of staff, at all levels of career development. They asked some questions about my experiences and these were also behavior-based. I was invited to dinner on the night before my interview. On-site interview also involved a scientific (powerpoint) presentation.

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in September 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through a employee referral. I was email communicated for telephone interview. It was a 1 hour telephone interview by Hiring Manager. A basic discussion on needs of the job and my interest including some of my research work. After a week I got a call saying I am scheduled for onsite interview and a HR telephone interview. The HR telephone interview is taken by a contract agency. Just simple basic questions. Coming to the all important onsite interview. The onsite was day full of interviews by various engineers and scientists. I met around 15-16 different people. I also gave a presentation lasting 1 hour in the middle of the day.

All questions during the day were basically about my past work, team work, goals, work ethic etc. Each of the 15 people had a different way of asking questions. So I would recommend being confident with your answers and be yourself. My 1 hr presentation questions were geared towards my research work as expected.

I got an email after 3 months saying I am not selected. I was pleased with my interview performance but unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• Which unit operation would you recommend the most for downstream process on mAb production?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2014.

Interview

I had the first screen by a phone interview with the hiring manager, a full day onsite interview including a 30-45 min presentation, and HR interview over the phone. everyone was very friendly during the on-site interview and the interview itself was a pleasant experience.

I was asked if you can work under the pressure and about strengths and weakness.

Interview Questions

• technical skills from the HM and behavioral questions from HR.
      What's your career goal?
      What brings you today?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.