Find jobs for Senior Scientist

AstraZeneca Senior Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 1,069.0 interviews

Recruiter10%
In Person3%
HardAverageEasy

AstraZeneca

Application

I interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview

Three step hiring process: HR interview, technical interview and final stage. Everything went smoothly and according to plan. Very positive impression how everything was organised and how helpful was lady from HR departament.

Interview Questions
  • what kinds of people do you not like to work with?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Pre-recorded screening interview: 5 questions with 5 minutes for each. Essentially screening that I knew basic concepts relevant to the role. Second interview: Online interview 30 minutes: hiring manager introduction. 30 minutes: informal chat with a director. 1 hour: technical interview. 1 hour: values interview - asking three questions about the five values on their website. 30 minutes: presentation on a relevant topic.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you expressed an opinion that was different to someone else. Do the right thing value.
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about AstraZeneca

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

AstraZeneca

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in Jul 2021

Interview

I gave a short presentation on my previous work. It was followed by a case study, which I solved in interaction with the team, a values interview, and then a take-home exercise they had given me 48h before.

Interview Questions
  • How would I behave in specific situations or if faced with specific scientific problems.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Waltham, MA)

Interview

Had a brief phone call with an HR rep, followed by an hour long call with the hiring manager (and an additional member of the team). I was invited on site for a full day interview where I presented an hour seminar followed by 30m 1-on-1 interviews. Lunch was provided. I left with a strong impression that I would receive an offer, but the formal offer didn't come for a few weeks. The HR rep called to tell me what the salary would be first, and I had to negotiate with this person who then said that they would "act as my advocate" for salary.

Interview Questions
  • I was provided a figure/chart and asked to interpret the data.
6 people found this interview helpful

AstraZeneca

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2021

Interview

Interview with the hiring manager, the interviewer was nice and it went OK. I have been told they will come back if there is a technical interview, but they did not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Gaithersburg, MD) in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied on line, one week later was contacted by HR and scheduled a 20 mins HR screening on the phone, the HR is very nice and question is easy; followed by online interview with the hiring manager mainly focusing on the projects. The hiring manager said there would be one on-site interview, I am still waiting for the notice.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

AstraZeneca

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview

invited for an initial video interview held online. Showed the question and was given x amount of time to prepare for it. Then had to record the answer. You get 2 attempts to record and you can watch them back before moving on to next Q.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

A few days after application, I got scheduled in for an informal call with HR. The call was very brief (20minutes) and only consisted in me walking the interviewer (who had zero scientific knowledge) through my CV. I assume the purpose of this step is to make sure the candidate is not a complete disaster. A week later I had my 30 minutes video interview with the two hiring managers. The conversation was friendly and went very well but I felt it was quite cold and emotionless compared to other interviews I had before. I was asked usual questions about motivations and previous experience. Two weeks later, I got notified that my application wouldn't have been taken further: it was felt I interviewed very well but that I was too experienced for the position, and that they would have proceeded with more JUNIOR candidates. This hardly made sense to me, as I am a PhD holder with less than 5 years since PhD and no industry experience nor direct experience on the subject, and the position was for a SENIOR scientist. Overall, it was clear the actual position they were looking for did not correspond to the job title (they were looking for someone to work on a relatively standardised and routine project), and I feel like they could have played this a bit better, so to avoid making candidates like me waste their time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AstraZeneca

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in Nov 2020

Interview

A very nice interview process, with about a month from my initial application to offer. Everyone was very friendly and kept regularly in contact to keep me updated. Began with a 15 minute phone screen (nothing to worry about, they are just checking you are eligible to work/able to relocate if needed etc). Then had the interview. It was a panel interview lasting 2.5 hours. The first step was a 30 minute presentation, followed by a 45 minute technical interview (this was quite challenging!) and finally 45 minute values interview.

Interview Questions
  • One question on each of the 5 AstraZeneca Values -When have you had to make a difficult decision where you were met with resistance? Technical questions going deep into the science and ability to analyse data (they presented me with data and asked me to analyse it/design experiments etc)
41 people found this interview helpful

AstraZeneca

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied online and after two weeks I got an email to schedule a screening call with recruiter on zoom. Past that stage I was invited for virtual interview with the Associate Director. Interview questions were pretty standard about my research background and skills. After the interview I came to know that the Associate directors research papers got retracted because of scientific conduct. As I was not comfortable working with such people I withdrew my application. I'm still surprised that he is employed in a reputed company like Astrazeneca.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews