AstraZeneca Interview Questions in Wilmington, DE | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.3

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was a 30-minute phone call from two interviewers and consisted of standard-fare behavioral questions.
    The second round was 2 months later at an office visit in Wilmington and was about 1.5 hours of behavioral questions with 3 interviewers at once. This was tedious. STAR-format questions can leave you dry if you don't like to completely fabricate your life story.
    The whole process was so slow.

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by HR a few days later. They initially told me that they had already hired all their interns for the summer but forgot to take the job posting down. About a month later I got a call from the same person in HR. She told me they decided to hire one more intern for the summer and she asked if I would be interested in applying. She set up a time for me to do a phone interview with 2 people from the audit department later the same week. The interview was less than a half hour long, consisted of purely bahvioral questions, and I got a call back the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you undertook, academic or professioal, and describe the planning, execution, and assessment phases.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for summer internships.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)).

Interview

The hiring and interview process for AstraZeneca's interns is very professional and is performed the same way as full-time regular employees. The company uses Behavioral Interview questions to assess that you match their Core Capabilities and can follow them. Usually the interviews begin with a 30 minute phone screen. After completing the phone screen, the hiring managers decide if they would like to bring you in face-to-face. Depending on the timeline you are working with, you will then be brought into a face-to-face interview. If there are any additional steps needed after the interview, they will call you again. Otherwise you are notified with an offer for the company. Or, in an unfortunate case, try again.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer general behavioral questions that match the company's values and the job position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate salary.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Hiring Manager then in-person interview with Hiring Manager and peer. Phone interview had very basic questions. Live interview questions are based on their "values" and other standard behavioral questions. They require answers in STAR format. I recently interviewed for two separate positions. Both times I felt there was something lacking in the process, and the follow-up, despite having things in writing, was non-existent. I actually got an automated email saying the position was filled the day before one interview was scheduled but was able to confirm the interview. No offers yet but no communication either way despite follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exhibited integrity. Tell me about a time you reacted to a change in the external business environment (had to change a project or business strategy).   Answer Question

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

1.5 hour on site interview after a 1 hour phone interview. Presentation was required which lasted about 20 mins. Met with hiring manager and 2 other MSLs. It was very casual yet professional. I thought they asked excellent questions and gave me feedback right away.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when I dealt with conflict   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took place on a conference line with a panel of 3 interviewers. After the phone interview stage, I was asked to come to an on-sight to their Wilmington, Delaware office. The same 3 people interviewed me in person and asked very similar questions.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn, had a phone screen around 3 weeks later, went in for a 1:1 two weeks after that. I was then ghosted by my screener - zero response, zero feedback after two check-ins, and after being told that I was the lead candidate. Highly unprofessional, particulary in HR.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about how my background aligned with the role being offered but my interviewer did a lot of the talking.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Group interviews following the STAR methodology.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little negotiation was available other than some consideration for relocation.

IT Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

This position was made available to me after I had contracted there for two years. I was invited and encouraged to apply for this senior position. After I submitted my application, it took over 1 month to be contacted regarding this position. An initial phone screen was finally conducted and a few weeks later I was contacted to schedule a group panel face to face interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours which consisted of typical questions. AZ utilizes the STAR format for questions so a one word answer will not suffice.

In short, after the interview I sent a thank you letter to HR and all the panel members conducting the interivew. I never heard anything. I followed up to express my ongoing interest two weeks later and was told I was still under consideration and they would get back to me within two more weeks. I waited but no response was provided. I followed up again but no response. I then began asking a few close contacts within the company to see if the position was filled.

Basically, three months after the interview, I found out through someone else the position was filled internally but was told it was not official yet. I never got a response or a boiler place rejection letter from HR or an automated system. NOTHING! AZ was completly unprofessional and their HR department is a joke!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a team you lead and describe your most difficult challenge you had to overcome.   Answer Question
    • Describe a point in time when you had to inform the customer of bad news and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

I was a contractor & the interview & hiring process went very well.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.