Audley Travel Country Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Audley Travel Country Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Audley Travel

3.3

Country Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process is a thorough one. I had a phone call interview followed by an in-person interview in Boston (Skype if you're not in Boston). The process is very detailed and you'll meet with more than one person in the process. Everyone has to take a few written tests as well.

All in all, there are a few hoops to jump through to get a job with Audley but in my opinion a good and thorough interview process benefits everyone.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss your sales background and your passion for travel.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Audley Travel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

The first interview is by phone and the second interview is via Skype if you are not in my case in Boston. The Skype interview was awful since the audio was really poor making it very difficult to understand what they were saying.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult but the 2 interviewers I had gotten were the most unprofessional people I had ever met, they never introduced themselves and ate in in front of me   2 Answers

I can not imagine residing in Boston with the salary they are offering n with no real great benefits to off set the low pay it wasn't worth my time. Also the manners of the interviewers I had gotten which also were their sales managers really turned me off to this company.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview then a Skype and in person interview. Very easy process, if not a little too laid back. Definitely pleasant. Perhaps one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Sell me a country or place that you love.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on salary. It's a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three steps: phone interview, online questionnaire, and in-person interview. The in person interview consisted of several different parts including a tour of the office, simulated email writing to client, Q & A, and a simulated phone call with a client. It was with a member of HR and a member of the team I was interviewing to join. It lasted about two hours. It was challenging but in a way that made me feel the company had a really good process of choosing highly-qualified individuals. They were extremely kind throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me why I should travel to *insert country here*   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

First step was a simple phone interview with HR for basic screening (about a week after I applied), then they had me complete a couple of 15-minute assessments and come in for a much longer interview with a middle manager and a department head about a month later. I got an offer about a week after the full interview.

One thing I learned after accepting the job - everyone at this company is extremely busy, don't worry too much if it takes a couple of weeks to advance to the next step of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell Boston as a destination? Demonstrate your approach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process has changed since I was hired in 2015. It was a very intense interview given by three people and it lasted for a few hours. Country and travel knowledge are quizzed as well as sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience, travel questions, you may have to take a call from within the office for them to hear the types of questions you'd ask a potential traveller   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a Skype interview but they did not put in my Sype name correctly and did not give me time to trouble shoot so I was forced to just have a phone interview.

The person giving the interview was very nice however seemed busy and talked very fast.

Interview Questions

• How Would you sell me a vacation to another country? Please do it now as if I am a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

After the company initially got in touch with me to clarify certain things, the refused to answer follow-up questions of my own. Only after repeated follow-ups did I get a response several weeks later, after which a Skype interview was agreed upon. After a fairly generic interview (and a dubious sales skill exercise -- "Sell me a fruit!"), they told that they would respond within a week. They didn't. All in all, interview was quite generic; however, communication by their HR personnel is very unprofessional considering that they wouldn't respond to questions, after they had contacted me first...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. Background: I've been in sales for sometime now and wanted to make an industry change. I applied to a few entry level positions strictly to get my foot in the door. After having one phone interview that seemingly well, I was told to expect to hear back either way within a week. All I heard was silence. I sent a followup thank you email the following day and a second email ten days later. I never received a response.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my travel experience. It can't just simply be a vacation. They're looking for people who have spent quality time in other countries.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Good format, but a bit unorganized because different people were at each interview so very repetitive. Three interviews total, phone interview, skype interview and then an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a city, shoe or pen in two minutes.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.