Audley Travel Country Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Audley Travel Country Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Audley Travel

3.3

Country Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel.

Interview

There is a quick phone screen and an in-person interview. Most candidates had to record and submit a series of questions, but I did not. The in-person interview was conversational, but quite long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Audley Travel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

I found the interview process extremely unprofessional and draining. They demanded I meet their rigid times on a short notice schedule, and when I rearranged my plans to do so, they told me the spot had been given to another candidate. Finally, we rearranged time to meet. The interview was insanely interrogative. It is essentially 2 hours back to back questioning and grilling - it wasn’t conversational at all. I was extremely uncomfortable throughout it. Interviewers came off as dismissive, disinterested and didn’t strike me as people I would want to work for. I wish I could get back 2 hours of my life I spent here.

Interview Questions

• What does your boss need to do to get you to do your job?   1 Answer

Audley Travel Response

1 Nov 2019 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! Often times scheduling multiple calendars on short notice can be a tricky exercise, and we do our best to accommodate everyone involved. With regards to our interview process we are always looking for ways to improve so we appreciate you sharing your thoughts. We're sorry you felt as though it was not worth your time and we wish you all the best going forward!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three steps: phone interview, online questionnaire, and in-person interview. The in person interview consisted of several different parts including a tour of the office, simulated email writing to client, Q & A, and a simulated phone call with a client. It was with a member of HR and a member of the team I was interviewing to join. It lasted about two hours. It was challenging but in a way that made me feel the company had a really good process of choosing highly-qualified individuals. They were extremely kind throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me why I should travel to *insert country here*   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR representative. In-person Q and A with HR representative and middle-manager. Online task to demonstrate travel knowledge and writing ability. Questions about travel experience, sales scenarios, customer service, basic technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Where have you traveled internationally?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with X client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

First step was a simple phone interview with HR for basic screening (about a week after I applied), then they had me complete a couple of 15-minute assessments and come in for a much longer interview with a middle manager and a department head about a month later. I got an offer about a week after the full interview.

One thing I learned after accepting the job - everyone at this company is extremely busy, don't worry too much if it takes a couple of weeks to advance to the next step of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell Boston as a destination? Demonstrate your approach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

After the company initially got in touch with me to clarify certain things, the refused to answer follow-up questions of my own. Only after repeated follow-ups did I get a response several weeks later, after which a Skype interview was agreed upon. After a fairly generic interview (and a dubious sales skill exercise -- "Sell me a fruit!"), they told that they would respond within a week. They didn't. All in all, interview was quite generic; however, communication by their HR personnel is very unprofessional considering that they wouldn't respond to questions, after they had contacted me first...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. Background: I've been in sales for sometime now and wanted to make an industry change. I applied to a few entry level positions strictly to get my foot in the door. After having one phone interview that seemingly well, I was told to expect to hear back either way within a week. All I heard was silence. I sent a followup thank you email the following day and a second email ten days later. I never received a response.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my travel experience. It can't just simply be a vacation. They're looking for people who have spent quality time in other countries.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Good format, but a bit unorganized because different people were at each interview so very repetitive. Three interviews total, phone interview, skype interview and then an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a city, shoe or pen in two minutes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very intense process! There is first a 30 minute Skype interview with the HR coordinator to give you some background on the company etc and basic sales questions. Next, you fill out a personality exam online prior to the second interview which takes about 15 minutes. Finally, in the 2nd interview, you meet with the Lead HR manager, Regional Sales Manager and Director of Sales for 60-90 minutes of interview questions. Finally, you will do an aptitude and math exam which takes about 30 minutes and do a sample call/ email response to potential clients.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Great interview process overall! The recruiters were very nice. Was asked to complete a personality survey online beforehand, a problem solving, math, and writing test onsite. I was offered the job, but then turned it down due to the extreme pay cut, non negotiable base salary (although there was potential for commission).

Interview Questions

• They asked you to sell either a pineapple or a city in two minutes.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.