Audley Travel Country Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Audley Travel Country Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Audley Travel

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Witney, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Witney, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied on Audley website and immediate online personality completed. Swiftly requested to do online web interview which I completed whilst overseas. I was promptly invited to a face to face interview which included a written exercise about my country of specialism. Overall a swift, friendly and professional recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about objection handling and how I would manage clarifiying client budget.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Audley Travel

Anonymous Employee in Witney, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Witney, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview happened 2 days after applying online with my CV. Interviewed for 20-25 minutes asking basic questions about experience and competency as well as my knowledge on Audley itself.

Once passing the phone interview you are set a psychometric test and a word survey through Mcquaig a few days before going to the face to face interview. Each one takes about 20 minutes although the word survey has no time limit.

Interview took place under two weeks since sending my CV in. Interview along with a short telephone test and email cover letter test took 90 minutes. Finished with a quick tour of the working offices. Interviewed by a sales manager and a representative from HR. All very efficient and professional and designed to learn more about me as a person rather than trying to catch you out. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were working with a large work load and a tight time limit. How did you go about dealing with this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was with two staff members who asked competency based questions, travel experience questions and then 2 exercises: One sales-call role play and one email-writing exercise.

My first impression when visiting the office and being taken on a tour of it was the obvious lack of diversity in the office environment. I don't know if it was just the day I happened to visit, but for a non-caucasian person at this interview, it did not seem an inclusive company if from your large workforce, there seems to be no diversity. This was also quite surprising to me considering the job title in itself would entail a diverse workforce of different travel experiences.

Further to this, for the section of the interview regarding travel experience, the lady seemed unsatisfied with my extensive travel experience stating that they look for people who have "been back packing" type of travelling - as if that is the only form of credible travel? Quite condescending to say the least; but this did explain the lack of diversity within the office for me if they only consider "back-packers" as those with travel experience.

Aside from this section of the interview, the rest of the interview was just competency based questions about sales experience. However, the truly negative experience of this interview was their lack of contact after the interview. If a candidate has taken time out to attend an interview in your office, then regardless of whether the candidate is successful or not, it is best practice to contact the candidate of the outcome.

I was not contacted for almost 3 weeks after the interview.

Further to this, I was asked to take part in a second role-play call a few days after my interview in which the interviewer from Audley Travel - who had scheduled the call for 2pm - called me 20 minutes late and so the 30 minute call had to be cut down to 10 minutes.

I found that having to constantly chase an interviewer for a response after a face-to-face interview; and then receiving anonymous feedback, is treatment I have not encountered before and very a negligent experience.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was considering a holiday to India, how would you convince them to visit the USA instead?   Answer Question

Country Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Audley Travel in June 2017.

Interview

Very slow not very interested seemed to go through motions was expecting more see why they are not in top 100;anymore . No feedback at all really disappointing lots of prep no appreciation for effort after

Anonymous Employee in Witney, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Witney, England) in November 2013.

Interview

Intense! I also didn't get a great impression of the company when I came to interview in Witney. The interviewers seemed to lack enthusiasm and made the job sound pretty awful. I arrived at the office desperately wanting the job and came away confused about whether I would accept if I got an offer. Luckily I did accept as it turns out the experience was not representative of actually working here, but I so nearly didn't say yes!

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview to mainly discuss previous travel experience, why you like the area you want to specialise in, why Audley and your strengths and skills

Online test and face to face interview - A lot of sales based questions, and scenarios questions.

Interview Questions

• Face to face interview:
      What 3 people you would invite to dinner? where do you see yourself in 3/5 years?
      What motivates you?
      When and how have you dealt with a complaint?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Audley Travel (London, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Short telephone interview, general questions about travel experience and competences of the role. Then face to face interview more about what you can bring to the company and your personal traits - would you fit in with the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Witney, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Witney, England) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recuitment agency. I have a wealth of experience re: the target country, so they were very keen to get me there. I hadn't realised this was Audley – they have a bad reputation in the industry – but the recruiter assuaged my doubts, saying that the company had acquired by a new investor recently.

A time slot was booked for a phone interview with an Audley manager within 2 days. I had to pull some strings to free up my time, which put me in a difficult situation.

My interview time came and went without so much as a text. The recruiter hadn't been informed of anything either – a complete and utter waste of time. Please avoid this company until they refine their practices. It doesn't surprise me to hearthat they're hemorrhaging talent at an alarming rate.

Interview Questions

• According to the recruiter, they will ask you to sell one of two random objects, or a city.   1 Answer

Audley Travel Response

29 Nov 2016 – Group HR Director

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience with Audley and please accept my sincerest apologies for what in this case sounds like a negative experience. All candidates begin the recruitment... More

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview which lasted about 20 minutes and I was told at the end of the phone call that I had been successful and would be invited for a face to face interview in London

Interview Questions

• What is it that makes you want to sell Africa as a destination? And why do you think you will be good at selling this area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

A Telephone interview of around 30 minutes with a head of department followed by a face to face interview (interview roughly one hour with 2 people usually one person from your department plus someone from HR) followed by a short multiple choice literacy and numeracy test -nothing too difficult for example which is the odd word out, what is the next number in this sequence- and a short writing skills test. The writing skills is writing a short paragraph explaining why you have chosen a holiday for someone (the content does not matter, it is to test your english writing)

Interview Questions

• Sell me either a pineapple, a place or a pair of shoes.   Answer Question
    • Which 3 people - dead or alive- would you invite to a dinner party.   Answer Question
    • how would you encourage someone to share with you their budget?   Answer Question