Audley Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Audley Travel Interview Questions

Interviews at Audley Travel

3.1

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel.

Interview

There was one phone call and one in person interview. After the phone interview it took two weeks to set up the in person and then another two weeks to hear back about the job offer.

Country Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel.

Interview

There is a quick phone screen and an in-person interview. Most candidates had to record and submit a series of questions, but I did not. The in-person interview was conversational, but quite long.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel.

Interview

Laid back but they waste your time. When I asked if there’s anything about my background that concerns them regarding the position, such as lack of sales experience, they said no your resume looks great. Then they didn’t make an offer stating I didn’t have the experience they were looking for. Why bother with interviewing me then when they could see that from the resume?

Interview Questions

Audley Travel Response

27 Jan 2020 – HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. Whilst sales experience is not a pre-requisition for the Travel Sales Specialist position, we are looking for sales acumen throughout the interview process. I would encourage you to get back in touch with the Talent Acquisition Specialist you met on the day of interview and they will be able to provide specific feedback from your interview. Thank you for your interest in Audley Travel.

Travel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly draining, unprofessional and disappointing. Please don't disregard the other reviews like I did, it will leave you anxious and jobless while they string you along and make false promises. First, I filled out an application online explaining why I wanted to work at Audley and briefly described the places I've traveled. (They want you to apply for a country that you have extensive knowledge/experience in). The HR rep sent me a link the next day where I answered questions to a pre-recorded video and had 90 seconds to answer each question. A few days later, he contacted me and said the team for the country I was applying for was full, but recommended I apply for another country that I also had spent a significant amount of time in - a country that HE recommended I apply for. (Which I was happy with, but again, just making a point that it's a country he steered me to). Then I was confirmed to have an interview with him and the Regional Manager one week later. The interview went really well, we had great rapport and when the interview ended I was told "great job, see you soon" and "you did really well, you're a great fit." Then, 2.5 weeks pass and I hear back from the HR guy. He said they loved meeting me in person and that I would be a great fit, but the team for that country is also full. He then recommended I apply for another country, tells me which country there will be a vacancy for - to which I agree - and that he would be in touch with me at the end of the month. The end of the month comes and goes. I sent a kind follow up email and heard nothing back. 3 weeks after my follow up email, he sent me a reply saying that "it looks like they're not hiring for that country until June and to check back in around then." Literally the HR man has no idea what he is doing and doesn't even know which teams are full or have team members turning over. I only applied for countries that they not only posted as available online, but then he told me which ones to apply for. It was a mess and I think the worst part about it was being strung along and constantly told that I would be a great fit. I also have 7+ years of sales experience and have worked in the travel industry - so I was qualified. It was a really disappointing process and dragged out for 10 weeks. Basically, don't do what I did and believe anything they say. Keep applying for other jobs and keep going on other interviews until you have a signed offer letter. Despite the horrible interview process, I do, however, believe that Audley is a wonderful place to work (if you can get past HR who has no clue what they're doing). I know people who work there and love it, they just say the pay is really low.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 activities to do in the country you're applying for. Tell me your most memorable experience in that country. Tell me about a time you changed someone's mind. Email & voicemail simulations etc.   Answer Question

Country Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

I found the interview process extremely unprofessional and draining. They demanded I meet their rigid times on a short notice schedule, and when I rearranged my plans to do so, they told me the spot had been given to another candidate. Finally, we rearranged time to meet. The interview was insanely interrogative. It is essentially 2 hours back to back questioning and grilling - it wasn’t conversational at all. I was extremely uncomfortable throughout it. Interviewers came off as dismissive, disinterested and didn’t strike me as people I would want to work for. I wish I could get back 2 hours of my life I spent here.

Interview Questions

• What does your boss need to do to get you to do your job?   1 Answer

1 Nov 2019 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! Often times scheduling multiple calendars on short notice can be a tricky exercise, and we do our best to accommodate everyone involved. With regards to our interview process we are always looking for ways to improve so we appreciate you sharing your thoughts. We're sorry you felt as though it was not worth your time and we wish you all the best going forward!

Country Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was offered the position. I was meant to start in two weeks from today. Audley rescinded the offer within days of my leaving my previous position to come work for them. They got cold feet about scheduling my FAM trip and cancelled everything when they didn't immediately hear back from me regarding a coordination question. I am now unemployed and on medicaid until I find a new job. DO NOT APPLY HERE.

12 Nov 2019 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We can confirm that we did rescind an offer recently. Decisions like this are not made lightly at Audley and a lot of time was spent considering the decision internally before communicating our decision and the reasons for it, directly with the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was SO EXCITED to interview for this job! I am absolutely perfect for the job, the job is perfect for me, and I am very disappointed in the interview process. First, I filled out an online online application followed by a little personality test. That was followed by a video recorded interview that was one sided (questions were posed and I recorded myself answering). Finally, I had a phone interview that I thought went very well; I thought that I connected well with the hiring rep, and he said I would hear back from them in the next week with an invitation to an in-person interview or notice that I was not selected. Well, it has now been more than four months and I have not heard anything. Even after sending a follow up email a month after the phone interview, I had radio silence. I was thrilled to be considered by Audley, but to be treated in that way as an applicant by a company with such a wonderful reputation is disappointing and unacceptable. And not only did the company lose an interested employee candidate, it lost a potential future customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

first you submit short video clips of yourself responding to different questions: why you want to work there, most memorable experience in the country you're applied for, useful skills in role, what excites you about sales, describe a goal and how you achieved it, talk about experience. This then transitions into an online quiz to access your personality.
    From there, a HR rep will reach out to you for an informal call. This is mostly an opportunity to ask questions. They will then setup an official in-person interview with the hiring team. It should last about a hour. I was surprised by how informally they dressed at the office and for an interview. Some of the questions asked were: tell us about what you'd suggest to someone for your country (that they couldn't find on internet - & what they should do while there), sell them on something (can be anything), talk about specific goals and how you achieved them (or if you have any metrics), how you would work with a challenging customer, how would you go above & beyond for your customers, etc.

Be confident and be organized! those are probably the best qualities to have to succeed with them. You also should talk specifically about your travel to whichever country you have elected. I don't think it's likely you'll be hired if you haven't been there before. Demonstrate your passion for sales more so than your passion for traveling.

Interview Questions

Audley Travel Response

24 Oct 2019 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! You described very accurately what we look for and we appreciate your honesty throughout the entirety of your review. While things didn't work out in terms of you joining the team we hope you do decide to consider us again in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I started the process in June, had a phone screen and video interview (answering pre recorded questions, not a person) in fairly quick succession. After that, things broke down.

I was told that the company only on-boards new hires once a month, so July wouldn't work for me due to an out of town wedding and to reach back out. When I reached back out, the recruiter/ trainer was on vacation with no out of office contact, and by the time he got back to me (after a second e mail), we were past the point of feasibility for an August start date. We set up an interview for mid August with a potential September start date. I re confirm the interview within a week of it, receive confirmation, only to be e mailed at 9 PM the night before that it couldn't happen. The recruiter claimed that it was due to vacations and illness, but that felt hollow to me, since vacations would have been scheduled well in advance and the night before was too early to know that people would be out sick. The interview eventually happened the next business day, and even then, the interviewer didn't even know that I was a referral, despite having this in my cover letter and telling the recruiter multiple times

Interview Questions

• How would you bring in a reluctant sale at the end of the month?   Answer Question

24 Oct 2019 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! We consistently strive to make our interview process as seamless as possible, and for you this clearly was not the case. We take all feedback very seriously and will continue to do our best going forward to ensure that every candidate has a positive experience with us. We hope you decide to apply to Audley again in the future should you see a role that you might be interested in!

Country Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel.

Interview

Video recording interview initially had to answer 5 questions and provide a 90 second response to each. Then, phone interview with HR representative lasted maybe 15 minutes. Then, invited into office for in person interview with hiring manager and HR representative. Interview itself lasted about an hour and a half. Never got an offer, even though was told I'd hear the week after the interview. E-mailed HR to ask if a decision was made one way or the other and got no response. I didn't expect an offer, but would have appreciated a response telling me they were not going to hire me, because making me wait and never responding is a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what you did to solve their issue?   Answer Question

18 Mar 2019 – Resourcing Specialist

I’m sorry to hear you have not had an feedback from your interview. We do endeavour to call every candidate within 7 days of a face to face interview to provide detailed feedback no matter what the outcome of the application. I would encourage you to call us to follow up on your application if you have not heard from us as already. We do deal with a large volume of applications with this highly popular vacancy and apologise you have had this experience.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.