Audley Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Audley Travel

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Witney, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Witney, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online using the form and submitting my CV. They contacted me the following day via email, but also text me to tell me to check my emails which I think is great. Arranged an initial call very quickly and they were flexible. Gave immediate feedback on the initial phone call and invited me to an interview at the office. Again, flexible with times and after a little back and forth, arranged an interview for about a week later.

Face to face interview was well run. I knew who was hosting it before I arrived which was nice. Interview was long, and included a simple grammar test. Approx 90-120 mins all in all. However, it didn’t feel like it dragged on and the questions were straightforward - nothing to catch you out. Felt at ease and it was a pleasant experience.

They got back to me the following day with an offer and also some feedback. Really impressed. It seems as though they are investing a lot in this process and it’s working.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham Heights, MA (US)

Interview

Applied for 2 positions, and told I was better suited for a lower position. Interviewed and was told I would hear either way. Never heard anything, and had to email several times, only to be turned down. Was told that I wasn’t experienced enough for the 2 positions I had applied for.

My advice:
    You’re a luxury travel company. I understand that you offer lots of perks and benefits, but sadly those do not pay the bills. The average pay in the area for these positions are $3-5k below what you are offering.

Travel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

There is a video interview where you answer questions and record your answers, phone interview and then eventually an in person interview.

Overall I was really disappointed to hear that I was not asked to come in for at least an actual interview. I had my phone interview and felt that the experience was a little cold. The recruiter was a bit scripted, and at one point I didn't get the feeling that she was even listening to my answers. Not only do I have 10 years sales experience, but I've also traveled to numerous countries and truly feel traveling is my passion. When I saw this opportunity I almost died as this IS my dream job. I love helping people, and often help friends and family plan their vacations when they're going abroad to places I've been.

I was more than happy to represent a country I've been to, but also was very interested in representing a country that I hadn't explored yet. I was told that you are sent to the country you will be representing anyway to experience the excursions that you would be recommending to your clients...which is amazing!

I was told that they prefer to have you represent a country that you have been to, which makes sense as a perk, but they send you to said country to experience the excursions you'd be recommending anyway...why then does having been there even matter? Wouldn't you be able to relate to your clients even more if you just visited a new country for the first time and can share your experience with them? Again, I can totally see the perk in having been or lived there, but I'd be curious to know the reasoning on such a strict requirement. -Which by the way is not listed in the job description that you have to have been to certain countries you are applying to. When I had my phone interview it was heavily focused on one of the countries I had explored, and was told if I were to come on board it would be for that country. Therefore when I received my email stating that they would not be moving onto an interview, I replied back with a thank you for your time, and asked if I could receive feedback, so as to learn how I could have been a stronger candidate. No response. I have no idea whether it was my experience level, my overall personality, or the fact that maybe they just didn't need me for that country. I wish I knew because if it was just due to the country that was available, I would love to reapply as I would still REALLY love to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is your travel experience, where was your favorite destination, what is your understanding that we do?, Where would you want to represent?   Answer Question

Travel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview and then an in person interview a week later. They also give you a personality and math quiz to complete online before you go in and then a practice assessment while you are in the office.

Was extremely disappointed because I was told I would hear back either way less than a week after my in person interview. I sent a couple follow up emails and have yet to hear back... It has been over a month now. Really frustrating considering they knew I traveled 2 hours to their office for a very long 2.5 hour interview. Totally understand if they did not see me as a fit for their company but they handled it very poorly by failing to communicate anything to me after the interview. I would have liked to know where I could have improved.

When you first get to there, they will give you a tour of the office. They had a whole bunch of beer cans lying around from their 4th of July party the night before which I found to be extremely unprofessional. Overall, it seems like a cool company to work in some regards for but mostly have mixed emotions about it after the way they handled my case.

I had a vast amount of travel experience, however it seems they are mostly serious about hiring people with former sales experience. That is fine, but then why waste both of our times with a 2.5 hour interview.

Interview Questions

• They do a role playing exercise where they have you sell a trip to them.   Answer Question

Audley Travel Response

11 Aug 2017 – Group HR Director

Thank you so much for your response. We are so sorry to hear that your experience while interviewing with Audley was not up to expectations. We strive to ensure that each and every candidate leaves... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Two-round process; The initial interview was with hiring manager, and had a second/follow-up interview with Senior Management and Human Resources. There was also a Personality/Suitability test, quiz. They used Skype for the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• asked about ability to lead, motivate, and guide a sales team, asked about international travel experience, asked for a presentation.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audley Travel.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and we chatted about my travel experience, not too strenuous. The questions were mostly experience based, not too many "what is your greatest weakness? type.

Interview Questions

• Describe one memorable thing about your trip to X   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewing with several people took over 5 weeks, delays, frustrating and condencending attitude, Interviewers seems out of touch with our American culture, rigid and awkward. They did not have an Human Resource person in the Boston office leading to phone calls from UK.

Interview Questions

• How will you make quota during a low period of leads "which they don't guarantee"?   1 Answer
    • Have you done travel reservations?   1 Answer

Company promising too much but not being honest about number of leads coming in during low period, Got the impression they have a high turn over due to number of ads on Craigslist, Stay away from this company, don't waste your time if your an experienced travel agent

DESTINATION SPECIALIST Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Audley Travel.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a phone interview shortly after. The interview was easy but I did not meet their expectations. Try to show more your passion for sales rather than your passion for travel.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position? What is a normal day at your current/Last Job? If you could sell any place in the world, what would it be? How would you sell it?   Answer Question

Country Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview then a Skype and in person interview. Very easy process, if not a little too laid back. Definitely pleasant. Perhaps one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Sell me a country or place that you love.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on salary. It's a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very intense process! There is first a 30 minute Skype interview with the HR coordinator to give you some background on the company etc and basic sales questions. Next, you fill out a personality exam online prior to the second interview which takes about 15 minutes. Finally, in the 2nd interview, you meet with the Lead HR manager, Regional Sales Manager and Director of Sales for 60-90 minutes of interview questions. Finally, you will do an aptitude and math exam which takes about 30 minutes and do a sample call/ email response to potential clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a Skype interview but they did not put in my Sype name correctly and did not give me time to trouble shoot so I was forced to just have a phone interview.

The person giving the interview was very nice however seemed busy and talked very fast.

Interview Questions

• How Would you sell me a vacation to another country? Please do it now as if I am a customer.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.