Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions

Interviews at Australian Taxation Office

Call Centre Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

I got to the interview early as per usual. When the applicants had all arrived we were told to line up with all of our ID (government job) photo ID, birth certificate, medicare card, passport etc for scanning.

We then went off to a room for a get to know each other to break the ice. Then came our interaction with describing the picture which was flawed as the pics were very similar and the first person was at a disadvantage. Then came the interview where I had two guys on a panel (one asking questions the other writing notes). The computer skills was flawed as I had a sticky keyboard, my headphones were not working which I told the girl who said "just skip the questions". My 30 minutes ended 5 minutes in without any explanation and my application was over.
    .$20.18 per hour 38 hour week.

I wouldn't recommend probe group as they have a lack luster attitude.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at customer service?   1 Answer

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Brisbane (Australia)) in July 2018.

Interview

Started with an online behavioural and cognitive questionnaire, progressed to a recorded video interview, and finally to an assessment centre. All questions were straightforward and easy to navigate. It was a time consuming process and took approximately six months to complete the entire recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate   1 Answer

Debt Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office.

Interview

One interview with two people. Basic questions mostly using the star technique. Follows the job description requirements quite closely so easy to prepare for. There was a solo a quick phone screening at the start. Take a long time to get back to you.

Graduate Interview

Interview

Video interview - second stage interview after online testing. Asked 4 questions, relatively simple and straightforward. Did not have much difficulty answering the questions, with good preparation beforehand. Some time to practice the questions before the recording starts to record the answers.

Compliance Officer APS5 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2018.

Interview

Online application, Sonru online interview, interview face to face , . Questions were difficult despite working for ATO a number of years. Asking for examples but had a feeling they had preconceived answers they were waiting for.

Interview Questions

• Provide example where you achived a strong result in a tight timframe   Answer Question

University Partnership Employment Interview

Interview

It was a 1 v 3 interview in Melbourne's ATO office. The interview is done by HR not the ATO. The interview went for just under an hour. There was about 10 interview questions but from what i remember. Most of the questions were behavioural interview questions.

Interview Questions

• The question was along the lines of: What are the taxes you know/ What do you know about taxes?   Answer Question
    • The question was along the lines of: How have you handled a research task in Uni or work and was there any obstacles and how did your overcame them?   Answer Question
    • The question was along the lines of: What are some of challenges you faced working in a team and how you overcame these challenges?   Answer Question

Cadet Interview

Interview

The process began with an aptitude test. The next step was an interview consisting of a basic phone interview. After passing the phone screening the panel interview was the next step in the process. This behavioral interview consisted of with behavioral questions - 15 minutes was provided before the interview to write down answers to the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to explain a complex technical topic to a non-technical person.   1 Answer

APS4 Tax Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gosford (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Gosford (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

The first step to the application process is online application. Then assessment center invitation. Assessment center includes a group activity (of 6 candidates) followed by an interview. Interview conducted by a panel of two: one HR manager, one APS 6 staff.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you have to explain your technical knowledge people with no technical background   Answer Question

EL1 Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Adelaide (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

Completed an online job application with 5 questions. Passed online application to receive an invitation for an online critical thought and personality testing. Passed testing to receive a panel interview. Passed panel interview to receive offer.

Interview Questions

• As a leader, describe how you have developed innovative cultural and technical change to contribute to strategic direction.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Brisbane (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

A long involved process. Well managed. Included an online application, online pschometric testing, a video interview and an assessment centre which included a behavioural interview, a written activity and a group task. Friendly competent interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you received unexpected criticism in the workplace. How did you respond to this situation?   Answer Question