Auto Trader UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Interview initially comprised of four stages; online application via the AT website, numerical, verbal and abstract reasoning tests online, a phone interview and an assessment day. At each point in the process bar the reasoning tests, AT are interested in you as a person, your ambitions for joining the company and your interest/experience in the specific role.

The assessment day usually involves a one to one interview and a group task amongst other activities. If you are successful in reaching this stage , you are given plenty of information in advance, and time to prepare for the day

Throughout the whole process AT ensure you are made to feel welcome and really put in the effort to give you the most relaxing space to be your honest self. Their recruitment team is a testament to the quality of Auto Trader as market leader, overall very impressed.

Digital Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (London, England).

Interview

Application initially, followed up with online aptitude test, follow up assessment day, interview internally with team members and head of dept. The process lasted around a month in total. After which, I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have turned a challenging situation into a positive outcome   Answer Question

Auto Trader UK Response

27 Dec 2019 – Head of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at one of our assessments. We are glad it was a positive one and looking forward to welcoming you to Auto Trader.

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester City Centre, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Short phone call with recruiter followed by on-site, consisting of values alignment section and presentation on previous work.

Seemed more concerned with ticking "aligns with company values" boxes than actually getting to know my approach to work and achievements - then had to cut the second section short due to time spent on the first. At time of interviewing no solid plan for the function of the role. I conclude this is a company where talk is more important than performance and in retrospect was immaterial whether I got an offer as would not have been right for me. Surprising due to company reputation so maybe just a facet of the particular department.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester City Centre, England) in August 2019.

Interview

First there was a "getting to know each other" activity on the assessment day. After that there was a customer scenario - the customer broke down and I had to take on the role of an adviser - calming and helping the customer

Reward Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Firstly telephone interview from HR, lasts for about 30 minutes, it focuses on related experiences and skills, and also Six Values of the company. 2nd stage is face to face interview, with 1 hour's talk and 1 hour's case review . There should be a final stage, but I didn't make to the final round.

Interview Questions

• Is there any circumstance when you have to deal with different projects under pressure?   Answer Question

Graduate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK in April 2019.

Interview

Long, hard process. Many steps I reached the telephone interview stage, no feedback given on what you could have done better. Online tests, hard as they are timed but I passed these.

Graduate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK in January 2019.

Interview

I applied for the Graduate Account Manager position at Auto Trader UK a couple of months ago, after being successful at this stage I had to complete some psychometric tests, which I successfully passed. At that point, an Auto Trader recruiter got in touch with me to organise a telephone interview. We never agreed on a specif date and time, as she completely ignored my emails. After two weeks, I decided to email the entire recruitment department with the recruiter's name copied in the email, I finally got a response back, stating the day and time someone would have called me. I had my telephone interview on Monday (28th January 2019)and later on that day I got an email saying I was rejected, therefore I asked them to provide me with some feedback, to which they never replied

From my personal experience, all I can tell is that they are very unprofessional and I felt I got rejected for no reason, simply because I had to chase them up for two weeks to organise a telephone interview and when I finally got one, I immediately got rejected!!! After all that commitment I put into their application process, it's not a fair way to treat candidates. Please stay away from companies that don't show any interest in their applicants!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why have you decided to apply for AutoTrader? What are the challenges faced by Autotrader's customers? Describe a situation when you've worked well in a group and what the outcome of that particular group project was? Describe a situation where you've come up with a new way of doing things?   Answer Question

Auto Trader UK Response

4 Feb 2019 – Resourcing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We always strive to offer a great candidate experience and it's a shame to hear that you feel we didn't do this on this occasion. We have checked back over our records to see if we could pinpoint your situation.

It's fair to say that it took us a little longer to confirm the date of your telephone interview after you completed the online testing. That's due to the hundreds of graduate applications we received for the role. We had hoped that the email we sent over the festive period would have reassured you that we were working on things in the background, and we're sorry to hear that it didn't.

Following on from your telephone interview, we wanted to share the outcome as soon as possible as we were conscious of the time taken so far. We received your request for feedback last week and I can reassure you that the team will be in touch to arrange a call with you.

We wish you the best of luck in your search for a new role.

Front of House Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Online application form to apply, attach CV, brief questionnaire and two questions about relating to the company values.

Second stage, was a half an hour telephone interview. Screening questions, going through your current role, and discussing more about Auto Trade, what the role will involve and how you can contribute to the company.

Third stage, was an assessment day. This included an interview, where the main focus was the company values. Followed by a communication written test, and finally spending some time with the team I would be working alongside. Also, had time for a quick tour round the office.

Final stage, meeting an Operations Director for a discussion about my expectations of the role and knowledge I have about it. A little more informal, to talk about your current work situation and the hopes you have for your work life.

I was overall happy with the interview process, as within 3 weeks of applying I went through all the above stages, whilst feeling felt like I experienced a lot within the company in that time, and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you relate to each of the company value? (Providing detailed examples)
      Why do you want to work for Auto Trader UK?
      What are the daily responsibilities you will be undertaking?
      What are your expectations of the role?   1 Answer

CRO Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK.

Interview

I applied online and October 14th and selected the disability positive box-I'm human and my health has had issues and it is a declining commodity like a car but doesn't affect my performance.

I disclosed my core values of Auto Trader(humble and determined) and in turn didn't highlight the backlog of items I worked for CRO.

I would advise depending on what the selection criteria to give details on projects you worked even if it was just a small part of your previous role so for example I worked on the following backlog.

I have worked with MVT software to test button texts and colors.

Different home page variants.

Different deposit options linked to the account balance.

Demand side marketing for creatives, placebos and re-targeting.

I enjoy the MVT process of challenger and champion and I have been part of the RFP process for selecting software suppliers based on the requirements of the business in terms of resources

Interview Questions

• The online application form but the process didn't have the section criteria for the role.   1 Answer

Graduate Account Manager Interview

Interview

While I can't remember the process fully. I originally had some online tests, followed by a video interview which was relatively straightforward. Afterwards, I had a telephone interview which was actually really good. While I needed prompting on a few questions regarding what the role actually entails, they seemed more than happy to not be put off by my apparent lack of knowledge with the role itself. Essentially, an Account Manager in this sense looks after dealerships and how to improve their business through advertisement etc.

Assessment Day:

Started off with a few easy 'getting to know you' exercises. These aren't marked or anything so just go with the flow.

The main day is comprised of four sections:

1. Hour long interview: focus on your CV, competency questions which relate to their values etc. Quite intense for me but that could be due to it being my first assessment of the day.

2. Role play: dealing with a customer who wants to leave, the trick is to ask more questions as to why they are wanting to leave and try to sell what the company offers. Find out what the problems are and use the companies portfolio to make them want to stay.

3. 15 minute presentation. Sounds daunting but it's actually very relaxed, you can choose to sit down or stand up and its only in front of two very friendly assessors. While I'm always extremely nervous for presentations, this way by far my most enjoyable.

4. Team exercises. These are standard. Unfortunately for mine I felt one of the members overpowered the group and put ideas down in a condescending which was extremely frustrating. However, if you just involve people and try to argue your points in a cooperative manor then you will be fine.

Overall, they were all absolutely lovely and I was genuinely gutted I didn't get through this stage. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who is thinking about applying because the environment looks like a fantastic place to work, with a really interesting job.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you have their values nailed down in a competency question format   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.