Auto Trader UK Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 74 of over 74 interviews

3.4
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Auto Trader UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK in Oct 2020

Interview

Very well conducted interview process. First stage with HR to know about your motivation, expectation, etc. Second stage is a live pair programming interview followed by a feedback with software engineers and HR. After that, HR will tell you in private, without the software engineers, wether you are going to proceed to the next step or not, which is done on the same day, after a break for lunch time. On the next stage, they will evaluate how you fit with company values and will also ask some technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Pair programming exercise with TDD.
    Answer Question
  • Give examples when you took an action that matches with our company values.
1 person found this interview helpful

Auto Trader UK

Application

I interviewed at Auto Trader UK

Interview

Great process for a mature business. I felt well catered for given covid / pandemic and the people were very nice to me. I would recommend this process to all

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Auto Trader UK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK

Interview

Simple and straightforward process. Interviewers were nice and friendly. It was done via Zoom. Spoke to some great people who have worked there for many many years which is always a good sign. They provided a good feedback and I really appreciated it.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work here? What do you know about Auto trader?

Auto Trader UK

Application

I interviewed at Auto Trader UK

Interview

First stage was an online application. Was followed up with a telephone interview where I was asked about previous experience handling different scenarios. They also ask what sort of clients you expect to have ie car dealerships etc

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Auto Trader UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was great. It was well structured and very efficient, I was also kept in the loop the whole time. Everyone I met during the process was really welcoming and supportive, nobody was there trying to catch you out they just wanted you to be yourself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

There were 4 stages: 1. Interview with a Talent Partner 2. Technical Pairing task with a Senior/Lead Developer, observed by another Senior/Lead Developer, with the opportunity to ask questions at the end. 3.A longer interview with 2 Lead Developers with values based competency questions and technical questions. 4. A shorter interview with one of the Operational Leadership team.

Interview Questions
  • The competency based questions are focused on AutoTrader's values and you are asked to give an example of a situation where you acted in a way which displays those values.

Auto Trader UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK in Apr 2021

Interview

Very interactive, met a lot of friendly people. Throughout the whole process felt like the interviewers wanted you to do well and not like they were trying to catch you out. Really positive experience compared to other graduate interviews I have done.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of values based questions. Why do you suit the role? What do you know about the company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

First stage: telephone from recruiter. Second stage: 4 hours interview including pair programming exercise. Despite sacrificing my time and attending the long drawn interview process. I actually never got feedback which is quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Interview process was straight forward communication throughout. Extremely helpful and welcoming people.The first stage was initial screening very friendly .Second stage was Java pairing exercise which was laid out nicely It wasn't much difficult and another pair was very helpful.

Interview Questions
  • Java pairing exercise with one company engineer and observer.

Auto Trader UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK

Interview

Easy and straight forward application process. Applied online, submitting CV and basic details. Heard back within a few weeks with an invite to an online interview 1 to 1 with someone at Autotrader

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Auto Trader UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK in Dec 2020

Interview

Mostly questions about motivations for applying, followed by an in depth question on the industry. The interview was a 1 to 1 virtual interview, very nice interviewer and left a positive experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 74 Interviews