Avaloq Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Avaloq Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Avaloq

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaloq (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial Exam then Interview, It took a couple of weeks to know the result.

I passed the exam and went through the interview process.

It was a panel interview, as they have said the hiring manager was not available due to technical problems therefore it became a HR Interview. After the interview they told me that they are waiting for the feed back from the hiring manager. Then I waited for 2 months and follow up the HR for the result.

The disappointment is I wasted my time hoping they will contact me because the sure rejection is by Email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avaloq

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2017.

Interview

Firstly I had to pass the online exam, which was 30 mins Maths and Logic and 1 hour Technical questions such as what is the process you follow as a BA during the projects you're involved etc.

HR contacted me after my answers were reviewed by a Senior colleague and they advised I passed the initial test.

I was invited to an interview in their Edinburgh office. The office and people were very nice.
    the first 45 minutes I did my presentation and answered technical questions about BA role and my experience, which I thought went very well. The second 45 minutes was problem solving, it is the questions about siblings aged 14, 7 and 5 and £300. Then the oldest one has a birthday and the ages are 15, 7, 5. this is to check whether the logic I applied works. They ask you to descrieb this as if you're asking a developer to develop it.
    I failed during this session because apparently the interviewer felt I wasn't picking up the hint. The hint was " so is it fair though"

The last part was with the MD, who didn't say a single word during the interview and just listened, which I found a bit odd and unnatural / disturbing.

Interview Questions

• ATM in the UK that offers EUR option, what do you need to consider.
      Aother one was the ages and £300, you can see the details in other reviews, no need to repeat.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Advertised through external recruiter. Had a one hour conversation over the phone around my skills and experience and why it matched the role. Had a two hour interview with Avaloq (another BA and software lead) which again went over my skills and experience. There was also a 30 minute pop quiz on superannuation. A positive experience overall and very casual . I was called for a second 2 hour interview with the product manager and software lead. Very negative experience as the questions were all focused on delivery manager and iteration manager duties and not so much BA responsibilities. I felt they did not internally themselves know what they were looking for

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2015.

Interview

I was introduced to the role at Avaloq by a recruitment consultant. After they had submitted my CV I was invited to complete an online assessment. This consisted of a pre-screening of multiple choice questions to test logic and reasoning ability. On passing the multiple choice I then had to complete a number of questions relating to being an analyst, and to banking and financial products.
    Having passed the online assessment I attended an onsite interview which consisted of 3 parts, each of which was conducted by a different pair of Avaloq staff.
    1. HR/Managing Director interview (45mins). This part of the interview concentrated on the information in my CV and finding out about my motivation for applying for the role. There was a distinct lack of the usual "tell me about a time when..." questions which was refreshing.
    2. Presentation session (45mins). I was told to prepare a short 10-15 minute presentation on a topic relevant to the role I was applying for. I talked about my experiences on a project in my previous role and then the 2 person interview team then asked me questions about my presentation and other questions relating to the functional aspects of my work history.
    There was a quick coffee/comfort break for 15 minutes as by this time I'd been in interviews for 2 hours. I got to chat more informally with the people doing the interviews and see a little bit of the office.
    3. Interactive Problem solving (1hr). I was given 2 problems to look at and 15 minutes in which to come up with an initial answer/solution then the interviewers returned to chat about my answers and pose some questions to test my reasoning and introduce new concepts/requirements.
    In each session I was offered the chance to ask any questions I had of the people doing the interviews. I got meet a mix of different people including a team manager, business analysts and a software engineer during the interview process as well as the HR manager and the Avaloq Edinburgh MD.
    Post interview I heard back that afternoon from the recruitment consultant who told me that I was being offered a position, and on accepting I was then contacted quickly by Avaloq with details of my contract and start date.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.