BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jun 2019

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

This was a very long, and grueling interview process. It was 4-5 steps and required a lot of preparations.

1. Simple phone interview, just went over resume.
    2. Technical interview: talked with analyst about my résumé and was asked a lot of in-depth questions. There was also 2 technical questions.
    3. Take-home technical exam: had 48 hours to complete test.
    4. In-person interview: had to give a short presentation, and complete a case study.

Detica is trying to find smart, technically savvy individuals who can communicate technical ideas to the layman. The interview process tests if you fit their criteria. It's long, and not many people receive offers because their standards are so high.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

There were two interviews. One with the recruiter and one with the program manager. The one with the recruiter was checking the block to make sure I met all the criteria needed to fulfill the job. The interview with the program manager was over the phone. He asked about my past experience, why I wanted to work there, what I could bring to the team, if I was willing to deploy, etc. I felt like the two interviews were very simple and to the point. It did not take long at all.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (McLean, VA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Conducted a few interviews (two or three) with a recruiter and then one with the Project Manager. I was active duty military at the time, and stationed in Germany, so all interviews were over the phone.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview through email. During the interviewer told me that he could tell I was knowledgeable by my answers to 2 questions and my resume, so my interview was about 10 minutes of the interviewer telling me about the role

Interview Questions

• Do you have overseas experience?   1 Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Helendale, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via my LinkedIn profile about the job. I then submitted resume and conducted the interview via Skype and once was screened through customer in Afghanistan I was offered the position. Upon review of my Top Secret clearance being valid I was offered the transit details to begin training and transit into Afghanistan to begin working. I have been supporting the Train, Assist and Advise mission in Afghanistan for 7 months now. I currently conduct intelligence analysis and presentation for the law enforcement mission throughout the Afghanistan theater of operations

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability to gauge intelligence assessments based on multiple data sources and the application of said assessments to current mission.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Sterling, VA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an existing employee. It took a few months before receiving contact from Recruiting. Once contacted, interview was scheduled within a week. I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager, Judith Rackens, as well as another Director associated with the position via conference call. Together, both interviewed thoroughly regarding job knowledge, experience and personal attributes and management style. It was a comfortable and professional interview. I was disappointed I was not selected however I received a personal email from Ms. Rackens regarding the decision and feedback from the interview.

It was overall a great experience once the interviewing process began. Given the thorough interview, I believe it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure from business units when they are pushing a sourcing decision based on requirement but not compliant with the process?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview

Interview was held with local Director and consisted mainly of a review of my prior positions and experience. There was no one from the Program Management section to ask job specific questions or to answer many of my questions. A HR representative was on-line to answer benefit questions. Very little available to cover current contracts, work load dispersal or team qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Immediate query as to salary requirements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was handled primarily by the HR rep. That individual was not cognizant of local salaries at competitors and never seemed to check on my prior salary rates before committing to the requested amount.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position through a head hunter. After spoke to the head hunter, got a call from the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. The conversation was mostly general plus some technical questions. Couple days later, got a call from a key engineer. He really got into technical details but he was very professional. A week later, an onsite interview with four engineers and the VP of Engineering for about four hours

Interview Questions

• Questions was on sql injections, cross site scripts and database sqls   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

Be prepare your skills set as Oracle Database,PL/SQL,Weblogic,Webshpere,Shell script and Java in advanced.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview

I got an email from them about scheduling a phone interview with somebody from HR. The phone interview was very casusal. Then I was invited to one of the facilities a few weeks later to speak with some of the higher level employees.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.