BAE Systems USA Mechanical Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BAE Systems USA Mechanical Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at BAE Systems USA

2.4

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Nashua, NH (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

First talked to them at the company info session at my school. Then got invited to interview onsite (2 interviews) and had lunch with some younger employees. It was a pretty good experience!

Interview Questions

• Asked about project experience, things off of my resume. Went over topics such as heat transfer, mechanical vibrations, stress analysis, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BAE Systems USA

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Lafayette, IN (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Pretty interesting interview process, the interviewer began by asking me a question about my resume then went straight into behavioral questions. After a few behavioral questions, I was asked technical questions related to the job I would be doing. The interview was pretty sporadic, jumping all over the place so it was hard to get into a good conversation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Nashua, NH (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Sat with 3 project managers, asked about me and my experience, told me about what they do here and how I'd fit in. Was a pleasant interview and they were interested in pitching the company to me.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hill AFB, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Hill AFB, UT (US)).

Interview

I applied online on 8/1/2016 and received an email from the talent recruiter to set up a phone interview. Asked a few questions about when I can start and if this salary range was acceptable. Had my phone interview with the Project Manager and two engineers within the group on 8/20/2016. He talked about the position entailed and the future of the group. Questions were behavioral and my background. Nothing technical was asked, was a mixture of whether I was confident I could perform the job and if I had a similar mindset as the group. Very pleasant experience. I would know a decision within 2 weeks. I received an email in about 2 weeks that I was not selected and then another email about 2 weeks later if still wanted the job.

For a large defense company, it was odd that I received an offer without an on-site visit and there were no funds to cover travel expenses or relocation assistance. However, everyone I had contact with was very nice and understanding of my concerns since I live in California. I had other better prospects and respectfully declined the offer.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Sterling Heights, MI (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

One hour long, initial phase interview took a place only with hiring manager. He briefly talked about the company, asked how much I knew about the company prior, explained more, 20 minutes out of one hour long interview was all about the company. 10 minutes at the end briefly discussed to explain working hours etc. He already had a paper full of questions which was covered in 30 minutes, and answered them one by one.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Met with the engineering manager in Mt. Laurel, NJ. About a 30-40 minute interview. Seemed like they had already made their decision and the interview was a formality to be honest. Was asked about my resume and then the manager just explained the job and tried to sell me on the job, talking about all the cool things they do at BAE.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Middletown, RI (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted an online application and heard back two months later. After an email and an initial phone screening I was brought in for an interview. I met with three mechanical engineers and we talked mostly about my background and experiences in school. At the end I was presented with a written test asking basic engineering questions, and I was also asked to model a small component in Solidworks.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an unexpected setback you encountered in a project and explain your approach to resolving it.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair, he told me to make my profile on their website and call back. He asked me some questions via email and had a phone interview set up for me. I ended up talking to 10-12 people on speaker phone asking me questions about my resume. An hour after the interview I had an email with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I worked better independently or with more guidance.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Phone interview with 3 people. Took about an hour. They were nice and I enjoyed the interview. Asked the basic interview questions about why I'm applying, did I read the description, etc.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Sterling Heights, MI (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty intimidating at first, but then became much more laid back. Initially I walked into a room with three screens in front of me with people from across the United States ready to interview me (along with two other engineers in person). They started off with resume questions, and then moved on to what I call the "have you" questions, i.e. have you written a technical report for the military, have you worked on this computer program, have you worked on this 3D modeling program, etc. Finally, they did a get to know you part, asking what you do in your personal life and what you enjoy. All in all it was one of the better interview processes I have had. They were fairly quick with the initial process and gave me a straight forward timeline.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever submitted a Test Procedure for a military vehicle?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.