BD Interview Questions in Sparks, MD | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sort:

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BD (Sparks, MD (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

It is long. Met with 8 people on one day. Then had a phone interview with two people. Interview with management was positive and right level of technical details and behavioral questions. Engineers asked very theoretical questions. I was hired.

WW Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BD (Sparks, MD (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Several phone interviews with HR recruiter and HR scheduler followed by an in-person interview with someone who lived closer to me, followed by an in-house interview in MD with several team members. 4 in-person interviews in total. Despite all the time involved (on both sides!), my travel to Maryland and overnight stay, and despite my follow up TWICE, I NEVER heard back from the hiring team or HR. NEVER! You'd think they would at least have the courtesy to say "Thanks but no thanks."

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the competition?   1 Answer

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BD (Sparks, MD (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process dragged on over several weeks. The first interview was very short, only an hour, but the second interview lasted several hours. I met with the hiring manager one and one for the largest part of the second interview.

Mss Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BD (Sparks, MD (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

From the very beginning the process should have shown me how rude and unorganized BD was. I was asked to fly and meet three people who spoke to me for a very short time, and I was given a very short travel time leeway. They promise a lot and never hold up to their end of the deal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-existent

Temporary Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, MD (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BD (Sparks, MD (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process began with a recruiter submitting my resume to the hiring manager. The position was a 3-6 month contract position. Having worked at another BD location, I was granted a phone interview which occurred two days later. The phone interview was not memorable. I was then granted an in-person interview which occurred the following week. When I arrived, there was no one there to greet me or to provide instructions. The main entrance was open and there was a phone and sign-in sheet for employees and contractors. I figured out how to call the first contact on the interview schedule and was joined shortly afterward. The office and lab space was small.

The room scheduled for the interview was occupied as well as some of the interviewers so we made small talk to pass the time. I was told that I was fortunate because BD interviews typically involve problem solving and can last all day. The interview lasted two hours followed by a tour of the lab. There were two interrogation sessions which focused on technical skills and the typical 'are you a psycho' questions. The first session was attended by four interviewers and the second session by three. I had done some research on the position ahead of time and printed out some information and schematics of a similar equipment platform they were trying to develop. Try as I might, it was difficult to get a clear understanding of their needs as it pertained to the position, their process and their time-frame for getting it done.

The second group asked almost identical questions as the first. I was a bit dumfounded when I was asked four different times and in four different ways "if I saw the job as a stepping stone to something else" since the position was temporary 3-6 months and for any career minded individual, all jobs are stepping stones to something else. I was also asked several times and in several different ways what I wanted to do professionally. I answered with the utmost sincerity and was greeted with incredulous looks and smiles on the verge of laughter. It was difficult to read the individuals with whom I interviewed, but I got the impression that they were a fairly tight and exclusive group. I also got the impression that they were somewhat lacking in soft skills and cultural competency.

Having worked at BD before, I understand that they have a policy where any new job must be posted for external applicants to apply even if their is an internally preferred candidate. Ultimately they hired an internal candidate. The whole processes seemed a bit daunting for a 3-6 month contract position. I suspect they had an internal candidate already picked out for the position and were satisfying an HR policy. Overall the process was a great learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain how touchdown PCR works and why you would want to use it?   1 Answer

Cytology Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BD (Sparks, MD (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

This started with a telephone interview with an internal recruiter. Then I spoke with the RM on the phone. Eventually I met with the RM with a senior sales representative from within the region. Then they sent me to one of their east coast locations and I had to go through a "round-robin" process. During the initial part of the interview I found out the "package" was about 15% less than I had been told. Some of the interviews were rushed, for example in one instance I was told we only had 30 minutes for the interview which was less than the 45 mins on the schedule. They then had me do a presentation under the title "initial presentation" . I felt this was a little disorganized. I was not given enough time to prepare and it coincided with the buffet lunch they offered me. I have done these presentations before, I have always been complimented on them and I ALWAYS had a job offer. In this instance I was not pleased with my presentation, felt rushed and unprepared. I partially blame myself because I had decided to turn down the job about an hour into the interview process. I also feel the day was ill-planed and BD could have been more professional, especially based on their reputation as a company (very high).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BD?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    • Would you be concerned that we are not the market leader and the market leader has about 65% market share?   Answer Question
    • How are you in a team selling environment? In that vein tell me of a time you had to go against the consensus of the team but were still successful in winning the business.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.