BDO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BDO Interview Questions

Interviews at BDO

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Online application; one online attitude test; One round of written test including translation and essay; one round of group interview by HR and one round of individual interview by department heads

Interview Questions

• Group interview asking questions related to public issues   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied through the college website and then I got accepted for the interviews. A day before the interviews there was a dinner. The pre-interview dinner was just lik a networking event. There was about 4 managers and one partner.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

The first interview went great. The HR rep was wonderful. She was very easy to talk to. It was like talking to your best friends mother that you've known for years. The interview was centered around your resume, so pretty simple.

The second interview was a completely different story. That was much more behavioral. But what I didn't appreciate was the attitude of the employees that were not part of the interview process. They were just there to answer any questions we had and make us feel more comfortable. I seriously felt like I was talking to the head cheerleader and the captain of the football team. They had that attitude of "I'm right and you're always wrong" which is not welcoming at all. Those are your front men? If that's supposed to be a representation of your office culture, I'd be worried.

Therefore, I decided to rate the interview process as "no opinion"; one bad experience washes out the one good experience.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO (Berkeley, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was pleasant and comfortable, the interviewer was nice and shared with me a lot of her experience being a manager. She also shared with me a lot of experience about working in a team and how BDO cares about her when it comes to do the stuff she wants to do in her personal time. Overall, it was great

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose BDO over the other company ?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BDO (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

My first interview with BDO was on campus. My interviewer was slightly dry compared to interviewers from other firms I've had but we still had a good conversation. The second interview was at the office with dozens of other prospective interns. We had an office tour, a panel for questions, speed dating-like interviews by four different professionals, and networking with staff, seniors and partners. I really enjoyed everyone I talked to throughout this three hour process and knew I would fit in well at BDO.

Interview Questions

• All typical, conversational interview questions. "Give me an example of a time..."   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO (Richmond, VA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Ask basic questions and behavior questions. Then recruiter start introduces company's situation. After chatting, recruiter asks if I have questions to ask. So i asked some basic questions I am interested. The whole process lasts about 30 minutes.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

My interview experience was very casual. I came into the office one morning and sat down one on one with a recruiter, a partner, and two senior managers. Each asked me conversational questions about my interests, experiences, and school.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific comes to mind. Interview was more of a conversations then a bunch of questions.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO (Berkeley, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 round interview. First one being on campus and it was behavioral. The interview was to get accepted into the Pathway to Success conference at the BDO office in San Jose, CA. Once accepted, final round interviews for the audit/tax summer intern positions were done at the end of the conference. 3 behavioral interviews, back to back with different professionals.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Two step behavioral interview, one on campus and one at the location you're applying for. One on one interviews for both stages. First one with a senior manager and a second one with a partner.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BDO.

Interview

First was contacted by the business development department. Interview was a phone interview with 2 partners. Asked questions but were also very informative about the job was about. Recommend having a lot of questions prepared.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.