BHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BHS Interview Questions

2.3

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BHS in July 2015.

Interview

Very nice interview. I was interviewed with 3 other girls, we were asked to create outfits on mannequins and analise different displays in the shop. After the group interview we had a one to one interview with the manager. This part was quite long as well: we were given more details on the position and we were asked many questions. They told us that only one of us would be hired and they let us know the following week.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BHS (New York, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

very cumbersome. you don't have to speak much. Also the room is a bit stuffy and some interviewers are very nice. They are very kind and offer you lunch vouchers,

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BHS.

Interview

Online application form: a few questions about the role + CV upload
    Online numerical test
    Video Interview
    Assessment centre (competency-based interview with a member of RH, numerical validation test, presentation - you will have time to prepare this at home before the day)
    Interview with a Manager of the department you will be joining

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions. Mainly competency-based and why do you want to work here/why do you want a career in the field of merchandising   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BHS (London, England).

Interview

Initial application form
    Basic maths test (retail related percentage increases, markdowns etc)
    Video interview (Why merchandising? What do you understand about the role?)
    Initial interview with Arcadia HR - Basic maths test, Allocation exercise, Pre-prepared PEST analysis of the retail market and how this impacts the merchandising department. Competency interview: Why merchandising? Would you be happy with the salary?
    Final interview with merchandising department for BHS brand - Pre-prepared SWOT analysis of BHS, Competency interview: Time when you dealt with conflict in a team? Time when you were part of a team that was successful, and what was your role? Do you know what good management is? A time when you had to change someone's mind? What strengths could you bring to this role and what would be your development areas?

Interview Questions

• If you had a best selling item and limited stock, what would you do?
      If you had a lot of stock that wasn't selling well at all, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHS in March 2014.

Interview

Initial telephone interview followed by individual with the Senior Buyer in Head office. Had to complete a small project in preparation for the face to face interview and presented that during the interview, followed by some more general interview questions.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHS (Carlisle, England) in October 2012.

Interview

Dropped off a CV, got a phone call to come in for interview. Came in for interview and received a phone call the following week informing me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• I see you have a healthy work life balance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, it is a minimum wage job.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHS.

Interview

face to face interview
    No feedback despite calling and emailing - makes it difficult to understand where you went wrong. Not very professional because candidates spend time preparing, common decency to give decision/rejection instead of being ignored.
    Seemed to be positive during interview and encouraging about my answers and skills relating to the role

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southport, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BHS (Southport, England) in October 2012.

Interview

A discussion of the job role and what would be required from me. Had to answer a set of questions both verbal and written. I then had a tour of the building pointing out all the fire points and exits. my induction provided me with till training and an idea of how the shop floor is run.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

offered a job on the same day and was made aware of what hours I would be working.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BHS (Birmingham, England) in January 2009.

Interview

Aplication form ---> interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no neogation

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHS (London, England) in March 2014.

Interview

One to one interview,
    Nothing out of the blue, nice atmosphere and normal questioning you would expect from a Head office environment.
    Tour of the office so I would know what to expect if I was offered the position

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.