BHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BHS Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct 2018

2.3

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BHS in July 2015.

Interview

Very nice interview. I was interviewed with 3 other girls, we were asked to create outfits on mannequins and analise different displays in the shop. After the group interview we had a one to one interview with the manager. This part was quite long as well: we were given more details on the position and we were asked many questions. They told us that only one of us would be hired and they let us know the following week.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BHS (New York, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

very cumbersome. you don't have to speak much. Also the room is a bit stuffy and some interviewers are very nice. They are very kind and offer you lunch vouchers,

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BHS.

Interview

Online application form: a few questions about the role + CV upload
    Online numerical test
    Video Interview
    Assessment centre (competency-based interview with a member of RH, numerical validation test, presentation - you will have time to prepare this at home before the day)
    Interview with a Manager of the department you will be joining

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions. Mainly competency-based and why do you want to work here/why do you want a career in the field of merchandising   Answer Question

Senior Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHS in March 2014.

Interview

Initial telephone interview followed by individual with the Senior Buyer in Head office. Had to complete a small project in preparation for the face to face interview and presented that during the interview, followed by some more general interview questions.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHS (Carlisle, England) in October 2012.

Interview

Dropped off a CV, got a phone call to come in for interview. Came in for interview and received a phone call the following week informing me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• I see you have a healthy work life balance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, it is a minimum wage job.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHS.

Interview

face to face interview
    No feedback despite calling and emailing - makes it difficult to understand where you went wrong. Not very professional because candidates spend time preparing, common decency to give decision/rejection instead of being ignored.
    Seemed to be positive during interview and encouraging about my answers and skills relating to the role

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southport, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BHS (Southport, England) in October 2012.

Interview

A discussion of the job role and what would be required from me. Had to answer a set of questions both verbal and written. I then had a tour of the building pointing out all the fire points and exits. my induction provided me with till training and an idea of how the shop floor is run.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

offered a job on the same day and was made aware of what hours I would be working.

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHS (London, England) in March 2014.

Interview

One to one interview,
    Nothing out of the blue, nice atmosphere and normal questioning you would expect from a Head office environment.
    Tour of the office so I would know what to expect if I was offered the position

Food Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BHS.

Interview

it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy because they are so desperate for staff and they act like they are down for there staff and when you work from them woooow the professionalism is amazing

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romford, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BHS (Romford, England) in October 2012.

Interview

The 1-1 was good we had it on the shop floor in the restaurant lasted for 10mins then had to wait for a week to know if I got it and then I had to go for a induction too that was for 4 hours and then we had a walk around the store and was ask if we could start that weekend and then I was on the floor for a couple of hours just tidying.

Interview Questions

• Have you work in retail before   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.