BHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BHS Interview Questions

2.3

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BHS in July 2015.

Interview

Very nice interview. I was interviewed with 3 other girls, we were asked to create outfits on mannequins and analise different displays in the shop. After the group interview we had a one to one interview with the manager. This part was quite long as well: we were given more details on the position and we were asked many questions. They told us that only one of us would be hired and they let us know the following week.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BHS (New York, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

very cumbersome. you don't have to speak much. Also the room is a bit stuffy and some interviewers are very nice. They are very kind and offer you lunch vouchers,

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BHS.

Interview

face to face interview
    No feedback despite calling and emailing - makes it difficult to understand where you went wrong. Not very professional because candidates spend time preparing, common decency to give decision/rejection instead of being ignored.
    Seemed to be positive during interview and encouraging about my answers and skills relating to the role

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BHS (London, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Offered an invite to a group interview after posting my cv to the store. Interview was led by manager and deputy manager. there was a total of 6 candidates. We started with an icebreaker where we had to give 3 interesting facts about ourselves. Next we were handed a printed booklet which the deputy manager talked us through with some info about BHS, what theyre looking for, what they offer as benefits, your worker pledge to the company and your availability. After we had listened to the dep. manager talk us through the booklet, we had to fill in our pledge which started as 'If I worked for BHS I would...' which we had to complete.
    After that we were divided into two group of three to do a group task. One group were told to go onto the shop floor and find out about click and collect and then had to return and explain how we would convince a customer to use the service (this was on a one to one basis with the dep. manager). Meanwhile the other group had to do a similar task reading about the barclays rewards card and then had to do a one to one (this one was with the manager).
    After that we were put together again and asked to do one last task. We were taken out onto the shop floor and allocated an area to tidy and ensure the area was well presented. I think someone had gone around and purposely misplaced things which I think they then went back and saw what we had seen/missed/corrected. After a few mins we were called back to the training room and that was the end of the interview. The whole process took about an hour and 15/30mins and was nowhere as difficult as I had feared. Just make sure you appear confident and friendly but don't take over. I did a lot of preparation before my interview, most of which was not used but some of it was useful and I felt more relaxed knowing I'd prepared all I could. I was contacted 4 days later by phone offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 interesting facts about yourself?
      What are the benefits of the click and collect service?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BHS (Bristol, England) in February 2016.

Interview

I went into the store with my C.V. and handed it into customer service, I was told before I left the store that I would get an interview, and it was scheduled straight away. I arrived for the interview, went with the store assistant manger into the office where we spoke about the job straight away.
    I was asked to describe myself as if they haven't seen my C.V. before, and then further questions commenced. I was asked if I had any questions, and the interview was over in about 45 minutes.
    I received a call within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself, as though I haven't seen your C.V.?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Describe a time when you provided great customer service?
      How would you sell/push a product?
      What does communication mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BHS (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in November 2015.

Interview

Completed an application form and was told I got an interview as soon as I handed into the store. they didn't ask any real interview questions they just told me about the business. they asked one question about what customer service is. Thay6 also asked what my favourite film was which I thought was irrelevant.

Interview Questions

• What does a sales assistant do?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant - Xmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BHS (Swansea, Wales) in October 2015.

Interview

They advertised on their website that they were hiring extra staff for the run up to Christmas, so I handed my CV in to my local store. A few weeks later I received a phone call asking me to attend an interview the next day. When I arrived staff were very friendly and gave me a simple form to fill in with my details/availability and a few questions on why I was applying. I was interview by one woman, and she was lovely and chatty - she made me feel very relaxed and we even laughed about a few things!

Interview Questions

• The questions were the general expected ones about the sort of person I was, and particular situations in which I had shown this character trait. Then obviously some company specific questions, so have some idea of where you are applying to! The hardest I'd say where scenario-based questions, in which I just had to think about what I would if this and that happened. I had never worked in retail before so to answer these I just thought about what I felt was important when dealing with customers. If you gear everything towards the idea of customer service then I guessed you couldn't go far wrong. The interview was a good experience overall, I felt able to stop and think about some questions instead of nervously babbling on. Speaking about past experiences was a good thing to draw upon, so I made sure they were a mixture of past employment, college and general life moments. I had never worked in retail before so was a bit worried about this, but I think it's important to remember that they just want to see potential - someone with the right ideas and mindset, who they believe will work well within their business.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BHS (Birmingham, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied in-store with my CV, received a voicemail from the store manager asking me to call her back so I did. A rude and bored sounding young girl answered and when I told her why I was calling she just said 'ok' then after a long pause said she would pass the message onto the manager. I waited for a call back, nothing. I then received an email from another store manager inviting me to an interview the week after but it was at a different store for some reason, I still don't know why they transferred my application to another store. I got there early but the store was locked and there were several candidates stood outside like lost sheep, a man then came out and asked 1 girl whether she was there for the interview, luckily I heard and went inside too.. but all other candidates were left standing outside. I then had to go and sign in and read their 'asbestos report' (I later found out from the supervisor/lead associate the BIRMINGHAM store does have asbestos currently in the building). We were then rounded up and told to wait downstairs again, then we had to come back upstairs to go to the training room. The group was apparently unusually large and we started by watching a short PowerPoint about BHS and the hours/jobs available lead by the store manager who was nice. Then it took an hour to go round the whole room and let everyone stand up and introduce themselves (names, hobbies, previous work experience, an interesting fact). Then we had to fill in laborious application forms with our personal details then generic questions about customer service. Then the store manager basically threw items at us all which we then had to think of features and benefits and sell them to him. Then the group assessment was over and we were told we'd be contacted via email the outcome within the next week.
    The week later I still hadn't heard anything back so I emailed the store manager and he replied instantly saying 'can you come in tomorrow for an interview' so I said yes then he emailed me a generic time/date email he sent to all successful candidates (but probably forgot about me).
    The interview was extremely informal and we basically had a 10 minute chat which was all leading towards me being successful within this process. She then invited me to a work shadow the next week.
    The 'uniform' was all black and I was put on tills and learn how to use it and how to check the stock we had in store etc and I also served customers and did some refunds. Then I put out some of the sale stock and then they had nothing for me to do so I went back on tills. After that I had to go through yet another interview with the supervisor and then I left. He told me specifically that I would be sent a letter detailing the outcome of this process by the end of the week (this was on a Monday) and it has been 2 weeks since I did the work shadow and I have had no contact from BHS whatsoever.

IF you like being lied to, told to attend interviews at short notice, exposed to dangerous levels of asbestos every day and used as free labour with the promise of getting a job at the end of it by all means apply to BHS!

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to our business?
      Which days/hours could you work?   Answer Question

Restaurant Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BHS in June 2015.

Interview

Interview wasn't taken seriously, interviewer was rude and acted like it was a waste of her time. Gave me answers to the questions rather than letting me answer them myself. Offered me a shadow day, when I called to rearrange no answer and no call back after I left a voice mail. Interview questions were irrelevant to the role, same form as that of the normal retail assistants. Questions were about fashion and clothing.

Interview Questions

Hours were extremely long for a part time job, 10 hours sat and 10 hours sun seemed too much whilst also at college the other 5 days of the week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BHS in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview of five people. Presented with information about the company, listed what we considered a good and bad shopping experience, discussed customer service.
    There was a practical task where we went onto the shop floor and had a go at interacting with customers. We were also each given a brief about a customer who we had to create an outfit for (e.g. 40-yr-old lady looking for something glamorous to wear, but in a hot country on holiday) and explain one feature and one benefit of the look.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.